Trivia-Ex-068 for lua 5.1 please

News:

29 December 2022 - PtokaX 0.5.3.0 (20th anniversary edition) released...
11 April 2017 - PtokaX 0.5.2.2 released...
8 April 2015 Anti child and anti pedo pr0n scripts are not allowed anymore on this board!
28 September 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.1 for Windows 10 IoT released...
3 September 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.1 released...
16 August 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.0 released...
1 August 2015 - Crowdfunding for ADC protocol support in PtokaX ended. Clearly nobody want ADC support...
30 June 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.1.0 released...
30 April 2015 Crowdfunding for ADC protocol support in PtokaX
26 April 2015 New support hub!
20 February 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.0.3 released...
13 April 2014 - PtokaX 0.5.0.2 released...
23 March 2014 - PtokaX testing version 0.5.0.1 build 454 is available.
04 March 2014 - PtokaX.org sites were temporary down because of DDOS attacks and issues with hosting service provider.

Main Menu

Trivia-Ex-068 for lua 5.1 please

Started by smeg568, 25 July, 2006, 21:16:22

Previous topic - Next topic

smeg568

Hi would it be possible to convert the excellent trivia-ex for lua5.1 please?

I enclose the code below... ?I tried just moving the scripts etc into the new installation, but i keep getting errors, the script seems to be looking for the TRIVIA folder & the files within. They are exactly as they should be/were (under the 340 Ptokax - which worked a treat) but the script seems to not see them now........ ?it also seems to be looking for dll files? I never knew there were any for the trivbot????

Please help! ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? errors below
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Syntax ...IS BORN\PTOKAX\351-511\scripts\Trivia-Ex-V.0.68D.lua:206: module 'TRIVIA/TriviaExScores.txt' not found:
   no field package.preload['TRIVIA/TriviaExScores.txt']
   no file '.\TRIVIA/TriviaExScores\txt.lua'
   no file 'F:\A NEW HUB IS BORN\PTOKAX\351-511\scripts\TRIVIA/TriviaExScores\txt.lua'
   no file 'F:\A NEW HUB IS BORN\PTOKAX\351-511\scripts\TRIVIA/TriviaExScores\txt\init.lua'
   no file 'F:\A NEW HUB IS BORN\PTOKAX\351-511\TRIVIA/TriviaExScores\txt.lua'
   no file 'F:\A NEW HUB IS BORN\PTOKAX\351-511\TRIVIA/TriviaExScores\txt\init.lua'
   no file '.\TRIVIA/TriviaExScores\txt.dll'
   no file 'F:\A NEW HUB IS BORN\PTOKAX\351-511\TRIVIA/TriviaExScores\txt.dll'
   no file 'F:\A NEW HUB IS BORN\PTOKAX\351-511\loadall.dll'
   no file '.\TRIVIA/TriviaExScores.dll'
   no file 'F:\A NEW HUB IS BORN\PTOKAX\351-511\TRIVIA/TriviaExScores.dll'
   no file 'F:\A NEW HUB IS BORN\PTOKAX\351-511\loadall.dll'

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The damn script is too long.....

Here's a link for it :)          http://freespace.virgin.net/smeg568.vsh/Trivia-Ex-V.0.68D.rar

Thanks in advance

Feel free to berate me if it's something i have forgotten

johny

hi ya all
i got the same probs here, even after i transfered the main file to lua 5.1
perhaps Jitten can help us out of this problem

[HE]Newbie

Actually i got the same prob as johnyy, :(, lets hope somebody will help us;)
when this script is done finnaly my lua51 hub can be launched
There will be 1 day, that i learn

nlgezel.hopto.org:411

-RICK-

replace in lua script require to dofile (3 times i believe) then the loading part is solved

jiten

As requested, the script is now compatible with LUA 5.1

Haven't really tested the code, but, feel free to post your progress.

6Marilyn6Manson6

johny

hehehe ok ok but one of the 4 downloads so far is mine.
just tested it and it works fine here so far.

thanks for your help so far jitten.

[HE]Newbie

Well done Jiten, Yesterday i was fighting for that script with rick and mutor :P but we finaly came out aswell just as rick sayed, replace require 4 times for dofile
There will be 1 day, that i learn

nlgezel.hopto.org:411

smeg568

jiten

Don't mention it, guys. You're welcome.

JueLz

How do i change the time in wich the questions are displayed
and the time in wich the Hints are Displayed?
Posted on: 07 August 2006, 23:08:37
Found it :)
I am owner of the MzDistortion? Empire
the addy to my hub is mzdistortion.no-ip.org

Aragorn

ara

jiten

Quote from: Aragorn on 22 August, 2006, 13:48:42
jiten I have something for you ;D

http://www.ngline.ru/fun/1000000.swf

You're welcome, Aragorn.

By the way, is it possible to reach the '1 million'? :P

Aragorn

if you have enough time :P ;D
ara

bastya_elvtars

Everything could have been anything else and it would have just as much meaning.

Aragorn

Quote from: bastya_elvtars on 22 August, 2006, 21:17:21
Had to stop it after 3000. :-)

it's a long way to that million.....I also stopped it...couldn't rezist anymore :o
ara

Offski??????

Re: Trivia-Ex-0681 for lua 5.1, works brill , please any chance of right click cmd's for non-typer's 
for:- start
       stop
       my score
       top 10
       top 100
much thx in advance (do i clik the aplaud thing b4 or after) ;).

dodgeviper

i am facing a problem..wheneever i add questions to the addquesfile.txt.....the questions are not shown on the main screen by the bot

Alexinno

Offski??????: maybe you can use mine, btw ... i'm not a scripter this is just something i've done for my own use

--Trivia RC commands by alexinno
--??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
--Bot = frmHub:GetHubBotName()
tbot = "???Trivia"
--??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

function Main()
    frmHub:RegBot("???Trivia")
end
function NewUserConnected(curUser)
--customCMDs = function(user) --// You can put your custome commands here]
        curUser:SendData("$UserCommand 0 3")
	curUser:SendData("$UserCommand 1 3 Trivia\\Help$$To: "..tbot.." From: %[mynick] $<%[mynick]> -thelp|")
	curUser:SendData("$UserCommand 1 3 Trivia\\Join$$To: "..tbot.." From: %[mynick] $<%[mynick]> -tjoin|")
        curUser:SendData("$UserCommand 1 3 Trivia\\Part$$To: "..tbot.." From: %[mynick] $<%[mynick]> -tpart|")
        curUser:SendData("$UserCommand 1 3 Trivia\\Curent Word$$To: "..tbot.." From: %[mynick] $<%[mynick]> -tword|")
        curUser:SendData("$UserCommand 1 3 Trivia\\Curent Question$$To: "..tbot.." From: %[mynick] $<%[mynick]> -tquestion|")
        curUser:SendData("$UserCommand 1 3 Trivia\\My Points$$To: "..tbot.." From: %[mynick] $<%[mynick]> -tpoints|")
        curUser:SendData("$UserCommand 1 3 Trivia\\Scores$$To: "..tbot.." From: %[mynick] $<%[mynick]> -tscores|")
        curUser:SendData("$UserCommand 1 3 Trivia\\Players$$To: "..tbot.." From: %[mynick] $<%[mynick]> -tplayers|")
        curUser:SendData("$UserCommand 1 3 Trivia\\Hint$$To: "..tbot.." From: %[mynick] $<%[mynick]> -hint|")
        curUser:SendData("$UserCommand 1 3 Trivia\\TopTen$$To: "..tbot.." From: %[mynick] $<%[mynick]> -ttopten|")
        curUser:SendData("$UserCommand 1 3 Trivia\\Start$$To: "..tbot.." From: %[mynick] $<%[mynick]> -tstart|")
end

OpConnected = function(curUser)
        curUser:SendData("$UserCommand 0 3")
        curUser:SendData("$UserCommand 1 3 Trivia\\Help$$To: "..tbot.." From: %[mynick] $<%[mynick]> -thelp|")
	curUser:SendData("$UserCommand 1 3 Trivia\\Join$$To: "..tbot.." From: %[mynick] $<%[mynick]> -tjoin|")
        curUser:SendData("$UserCommand 1 3 Trivia\\Part$$To: "..tbot.." From: %[mynick] $<%[mynick]> -tpart|")
        curUser:SendData("$UserCommand 1 3 Trivia\\Curent Word$$To: "..tbot.." From: %[mynick] $<%[mynick]> -tword|")
        curUser:SendData("$UserCommand 1 3 Trivia\\Curent Question$$To: "..tbot.." From: %[mynick] $<%[mynick]> -tquestion|")
        curUser:SendData("$UserCommand 1 3 Trivia\\My Points$$To: "..tbot.." From: %[mynick] $<%[mynick]> -tpoints|")
        curUser:SendData("$UserCommand 1 3 Trivia\\Scores$$To: "..tbot.." From: %[mynick] $<%[mynick]> -tscores|")
        curUser:SendData("$UserCommand 1 3 Trivia\\Players$$To: "..tbot.." From: %[mynick] $<%[mynick]> -tplayers|")
        curUser:SendData("$UserCommand 1 3 Trivia\\Hint$$To: "..tbot.." From: %[mynick] $<%[mynick]> -hint|")
        curUser:SendData("$UserCommand 1 3 Trivia\\Topten$$To: "..tbot.." From: %[mynick] $<%[mynick]> -ttopten|")
        curUser:SendData("$UserCommand 1 3 Trivia\\Start$$To: "..tbot.." From: %[mynick] $<%[mynick]> -tstart|")
        curUser:SendData("$UserCommand 1 3 Trivia\\Stop$$To: "..tbot.." From: %[mynick] $<%[mynick]> -tstop|")

end

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk