Connection Control

News:

29 December 2022 - PtokaX 0.5.3.0 (20th anniversary edition) released...
11 April 2017 - PtokaX 0.5.2.2 released...
8 April 2015 Anti child and anti pedo pr0n scripts are not allowed anymore on this board!
28 September 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.1 for Windows 10 IoT released...
3 September 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.1 released...
16 August 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.0 released...
1 August 2015 - Crowdfunding for ADC protocol support in PtokaX ended. Clearly nobody want ADC support...
30 June 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.1.0 released...
30 April 2015 Crowdfunding for ADC protocol support in PtokaX
26 April 2015 New support hub!
20 February 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.0.3 released...
13 April 2014 - PtokaX 0.5.0.2 released...
23 March 2014 - PtokaX testing version 0.5.0.1 build 454 is available.
04 March 2014 - PtokaX.org sites were temporary down because of DDOS attacks and issues with hosting service provider.

Main Menu

Connection Control

Started by TS-SkyNet, 13 November, 2006, 10:56:06

Previous topic - Next topic

TS-SkyNet

In current climates on dc, and i can say been there done it but on the stright and narrow now ,
is i possible  to control the  connection's to ptokax though scripts,  say so many connection's per second or min, fully editable in rhc    so you can control people connecting to the hub, i been about and yes it near on imposable to flood main chats pm's etc on ptokax,, but on the other hand ptokax is the fastest hub to drop with connection floods it just folds up and dies if it cant be done though the scripts maybe its time to add some think to the gui to make ptokax the best of the best .
Thankyou skynet
Posted on: 13 November 2006, 09:49:06
one more thought on this if it cant be done via scripts  ,,,, theres a great big space on ptokax for it where that multihub bit is lol :P

TTB

Quote from: TS-SkyNet on 13 November, 2006, 10:49:06
In current climates on dc, and i can say been there done it but on the stright and narrow now ,
is i possible  to control the  connection's to ptokax though scripts,  say so many connection's per second or min, fully editable in rhc    so you can control people connecting to the hub, i been about and yes it near on imposable to flood main chats pm's etc on ptokax,, but on the other hand ptokax is the fastest hub to drop with connection floods it just folds up and dies if it cant be done though the scripts maybe its time to add some think to the gui to make ptokax the best of the best .
Thankyou skynet
Damn.... This is the longest sentence I've ever seen... Please use dots to make your point clear. You're asking for a script that can control the connections @ every xx time?! Well... that can be done. You can use timers and check how many users try to connect every x minutes. This is the only info I can get out of your sentence...
TTB

(? ?.??.-> Admin @ Surfnet hubs <-.??.???)

TS-SkyNet

Your not a school teacher are you . :P lol
i will cut it down a bit for you . can scripts do the same job hexhub does
with protection to cut down,connection flooding.
Like limiting connection to hub per second.

TTB

Quote from: TS-SkyNet on 13 November, 2006, 12:27:43
Your not a school teacher are you . :P lol
i will cut it down a bit for you . can scripts do the same job hexhub does
with protection to cut down,connection flooding.
Like limiting connection to hub per second.
First of all, I'm not a teacher... so what?! Do I have to teach ppl English or make them write proper sentences? No... I just said that it is hard to understand what you're trying to say.

I just downloaded HexHub (never heard of it before). I see that there are some nice features in it. Plop en PPK (and maybe others... don't know) created in PtokaX a deflood tab. Maybe you should checkt that out first. You can also check Scripting-Interface.txt to check the functions so you can see what can be done by scripting. Connection flooding, connection limits based on time etc can be done by scripting. Maybe PPK wants to add these features in PtokaX, I don't know. You can always post a feature request for PtokaX. If you want to have a script for this, be more specific what the script should do! Maybe someone has time for it to create it for you.
TTB

(? ?.??.-> Admin @ Surfnet hubs <-.??.???)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk