reloading text files through script

News:

29 December 2022 - PtokaX 0.5.3.0 (20th anniversary edition) released...
11 April 2017 - PtokaX 0.5.2.2 released...
8 April 2015 Anti child and anti pedo pr0n scripts are not allowed anymore on this board!
28 September 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.1 for Windows 10 IoT released...
3 September 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.1 released...
16 August 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.0 released...
1 August 2015 - Crowdfunding for ADC protocol support in PtokaX ended. Clearly nobody want ADC support...
30 June 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.1.0 released...
30 April 2015 Crowdfunding for ADC protocol support in PtokaX
26 April 2015 New support hub!
20 February 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.0.3 released...
13 April 2014 - PtokaX 0.5.0.2 released...
23 March 2014 - PtokaX testing version 0.5.0.1 build 454 is available.
04 March 2014 - PtokaX.org sites were temporary down because of DDOS attacks and issues with hosting service provider.

Main Menu

reloading text files through script

Started by Jemte, 25 August, 2005, 04:14:01

Previous topic - Next topic

Jemte

I was curious if i overlooked such a command or if it was possible to include in a future release. I write some stats out to a file and wanted it to be accessible with text file support. but when the stats are updated you have to manually reload the text files so that youre able to access the new information.

would it just be easier for me to just have the script handle the trigger and just read from the file on requests?

bastya_elvtars

QuoteOriginally posted by Jemte
I was curious if i overlooked such a command or if it was possible to include in a future release. I write some stats out to a file and wanted it to be accessible with text file support. but when the stats are updated you have to manually reload the text files so that youre able to access the new information.

would it just be easier for me to just have the script handle the trigger and just read from the file on requests?

There is texter bot by plop, maybe someone will convert it for you.
Everything could have been anything else and it would have just as much meaning.

Jemte

the texter bot just seems to be the predecessor to the now built-in text file support. I have no problems reading from the file and displaying it.

I wanted to know if there was some scriptable command to reload text files and if not to request such a feature.

bastya_elvtars

A clientside script should do it with a timer. :D
Everything could have been anything else and it would have just as much meaning.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk