Help regarding ptokax

News:

29 December 2022 - PtokaX 0.5.3.0 (20th anniversary edition) released...
11 April 2017 - PtokaX 0.5.2.2 released...
8 April 2015 Anti child and anti pedo pr0n scripts are not allowed anymore on this board!
28 September 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.1 for Windows 10 IoT released...
3 September 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.1 released...
16 August 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.0 released...
1 August 2015 - Crowdfunding for ADC protocol support in PtokaX ended. Clearly nobody want ADC support...
30 June 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.1.0 released...
30 April 2015 Crowdfunding for ADC protocol support in PtokaX
26 April 2015 New support hub!
20 February 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.0.3 released...
13 April 2014 - PtokaX 0.5.0.2 released...
23 March 2014 - PtokaX testing version 0.5.0.1 build 454 is available.
04 March 2014 - PtokaX.org sites were temporary down because of DDOS attacks and issues with hosting service provider.

Main Menu

Help regarding ptokax

Started by ?StIfFLEr??, 07 May, 2009, 18:33:23

Previous topic - Next topic

?StIfFLEr??

Guys this is an urgent need.
I have been hosting HUB on LAN via. IP.
But guys there are few people who keep on conflicting me and trying to take the IP from me.
When i saw ptokax settings where in i have to enter IP Address there is and or Hostname.
Can anyone tell me is there anyways that Host name means i can type in anyname instead of address and people can connect to me via that host name. Is there anyway it can be done so that i can use a hostname for hosting HUB on LAN without a permanent IP.
Please reply without giving negative Karma. :P
Humble request.

PPK

"Most of you are familiar with the virtues of a programmer. There are three, of course: laziness, impatience, and hubris." - Larry Wall

?StIfFLEr??

But PPk that service can be used as DNS updater right?
which means i will be hosting hub on Dynamic ip.
I wanna host the hub on fixed ip But i want people to login to the hub using the Host name.
Can it be done by the same service?Without Using the Internet?

PPK

That service simply point some hostname to some ip, if is static or dynamic not make any difference. Users need internet access to be able to resolve that hostname to ip  ::)
"Most of you are familiar with the virtues of a programmer. There are three, of course: laziness, impatience, and hubris." - Larry Wall

?StIfFLEr??

Can it be done in next update in ptokax where in it can resolve Hostname to IPaddress.
It would be so much easy to have ptokax as the sole source of operating a hub.
May be a bigger request..
Just trying my Luck...
Please No -ve karma i am getting afraid of it now a days.

PPK

PtokaX is already resolving hostname to ip address. But that not help in any way to users who wants to connect to hub using hostname  ::)

?StIfFLEr??

Wish if that small thing could have been achieved....

?StIfFLEr??

Don't Know But When Mutor Replies every line of his seem to be like rhyming like in poem....
At first site it seems to be a puzzel...
But Mutor You are a rockstar It worked Thanks a million You understand my problems Very well. Thanks a Lot.
God Bless You.
(No negative Karma Please)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk