Request: Add info on connection reject

Request: Add info on connection reject

Started by Jorgo, 10 March, 2008, 20:13:52

Previous topic - Next topic

Jorgo

Hello,

it took me a while to understand all the concepts in the script but I think I got my head around most of it now and I'm quite happy with it. There's just one thing that I'm missing:

When users connect that don't meet the set requirements like #slots, #hubs, clienttype, etc. their connection is just rejected without giving any further info. That can make it hard for user and ops to troubleshoot what the user needs to change, so my request is

Can you please add extended info on connection reject, possibly with configurable text?
Thank you for considering this and thanks again for some great software!

Rincewind

I'll take a look into this for the next version. And I always try to make things as configurable as I can.

Jorgo

A small god of appreciation just popped into existence ;-)

Rincewind

Actually I have just been testing this and the user does receive a message telling them why they have been redirected.

Are you wanting Ops to recveive a message that a user has been redirected?

Jorgo

Hm, I don't have redirecting activated, so the user is just disconnected. Maybe that is my problem  ;D
Update: I've entered a redirect address in ptokax and also in the script under PRIVATE HUB but I get neither redirected nor a message.

Updated Update: I'm terribly sorry to have bothered you, I just realized that you CAN already enter custom messages and redirects under Profile Rules  :-[

Rincewind

Are you getting redirected now if you fail to meet one of the Profile Rules?

The user should get the message regardless of whether they are redirected or just disconnected.

Jorgo

I haven't tried redirecting, but after filling the blank fields with messages, the users gets those, thanks. Can I use expressions to automatically fill in values there?

Example: 
You don't have enough slots open. Please open at least %[slots] slots.

Rincewind

You can use !slots! or !share! or !hubs! or !ratio! depending on what the message is for.

baba.runner

Quote from: Rincewind on 16 March, 2008, 21:08:19
You can use !slots! or !share! or !hubs! or !ratio! depending on what the message is for.
Can !profil! also be used?

i.ex: "As !profil! you should at least have !share!."

KR
baba.runner

Rincewind

At present you cannot use !profile!. Is there a need to tell the user their profile in this message?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk