DC finally dead

News:

29 December 2022 - PtokaX 0.5.3.0 (20th anniversary edition) released...
11 April 2017 - PtokaX 0.5.2.2 released...
8 April 2015 Anti child and anti pedo pr0n scripts are not allowed anymore on this board!
28 September 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.1 for Windows 10 IoT released...
3 September 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.1 released...
16 August 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.0 released...
1 August 2015 - Crowdfunding for ADC protocol support in PtokaX ended. Clearly nobody want ADC support...
30 June 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.1.0 released...
30 April 2015 Crowdfunding for ADC protocol support in PtokaX
26 April 2015 New support hub!
20 February 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.0.3 released...
13 April 2014 - PtokaX 0.5.0.2 released...
23 March 2014 - PtokaX testing version 0.5.0.1 build 454 is available.
04 March 2014 - PtokaX.org sites were temporary down because of DDOS attacks and issues with hosting service provider.

Main Menu

DC finally dead

Started by imb, 16 November, 2006, 17:35:48

Previous topic - Next topic

imb

An ADC hublist (with about 5 hubs I might add) is now default in DC++ over hublist.org

Their policy on hublists in general is downright stupid and infuriating

DC is well and truly fucked.

Why do owners put up with this shit? Running a hub for pure stagnation.

http://dcpp.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=19125

Stormbringer

dead?
lol For sure no, if you think we need the hublist to make work dc you are wrong.
There is I don't know how many hublist, official or non-official.
why a so big topic, for so small problem? The hublist doesn't work, since few weeks now, I have not give up with dc, other users too, I can't understand what is your problem.  ???

CrazyGuy

I'm not sure this is the correct forum to discuss this, although if you're interrested in helping, suggest a solution through DC++'s Bugzilla page. Bug # 1091 for example is my own post. That helps better than all starting screaming through one another with alot of blahblah and MSN logs and whatever.

http://www.dcpp.net/bugzilla

And if you read the comments added to the above named bug, you can see that an ADC list has been added besides a standard NMDC list, not replacing it. And I'm sure more will follow

imb

What is my problem is that I'm sick of every single hub stagnating. This has been going on for too long now. And that proposal looks like a load of bollocks. Do you really think putting that list in third position will solve anything? It's not good enough.

imb

Quote from: CrazyGuy on 16 November, 2006, 18:26:40
I'm not sure this is the correct forum to discuss this, although if you're interrested in helping, suggest a solution through DC++'s Bugzilla page. Bug # 1091 for example is my own post. That helps better than all starting screaming through one another with alot of blahblah and MSN logs and whatever.

http://www.dcpp.net/bugzilla

And if you read the comments added to the above named bug, you can see that an ADC list has been added besides a standard NMDC list, not replacing it. And I'm sure more will follow

It has effectively replaced it, download a fresh binary of DC++ for yourself and see.

ruler

personally i think the next best option for the public hublist 'should' be http://www.dchublist.com/ its always up and reliable thus it has about the same amount of hubs as hublist.org.
hublist.org havent given any explanation as to what is going on with their site on their main page and it is obvios they have had some technical probs with their site but you have to remember they have been keeping fresh users coming to all your hubs for a long time now at no cost to anyone (free service) so maybe a little respect and understanding along with some support for them might be a good thing now. im sure they will be back in full force once again in the near future. i do agree though that DC++ developers have used a bad public hublist, http://www.dchublist.com/ would be a better hublist as default (if hublist.org is to go :P

The Direct Connect Global Banlist get protected.

CrazyGuy

QuoteIt has effectively replaced it, download a fresh binary of DC++ for yourself and see.

As it is a proposal, it has not yet been implemented. Downloading whatever shows nothing.

QuoteAnd that proposal looks like a load of bollocks. Do you really think putting that list in third position will solve anything? It's not good enough.

If a client picks a list at random, the place doesn't matter. And even if it is placed, it does matter when the lists above it are offline.

But for what reason did you open this post here exactly ?  ???

Pothead

Quote from: ruler on 16 November, 2006, 21:23:33
personally i think the next best option for the public hublist 'should' be http://www.dchublist.com/ its always up and reliable thus it has about the same amount of hubs as hublist.org.
hublist.org havent given any explanation as to what is going on with their site on their main page and it is obvios they have had some technical probs with their site
Dchublist gives the appearance of being sponsored by Team Elite, since it been "finished" attacks on hublist.org have increased.  Also other people who been getting ddos'd seem to keep having their hubs deleted from dchublist.  ???
Which kind of answered the second bit of your post / quote.  Hublist.org is down due to distributed denial of service attacks.

So I am a bit dubious about having supporting that hublist.

ruler

thats an interesting bit of info there pothead i didnt know about that and i really didnt stop to look at it in that way but now you have mentioned it you seem to be onto something there ;) maybe you are right.
if i find out it 'is' something to do with TE then i will remove my hub from their listings and may even spread the news a little to the rest of the DC community so that they know whats happening. with hublist.org i am only getting second hand information from here and there so i have no idea what is going on but maybe if they explained a little to us whats really happening they would probably get a lot more support from the community.
if only i knew about this sooner >:(
Posted on: 17 November 2006, 00:19:27
i forgot to add:
if the dchublist is part of the TE kindergarten group  ;D then why had PPK added their address to the PtokaX reg server?????? now thats an interesting question  ;D

-SkA-

Quote from: Pothead on 17 November, 2006, 00:59:47
Dchublist gives the appearance of being sponsored by Team Elite, since it been "finished" attacks on hublist.org have increased.  Also other people who been getting ddos'd seem to keep having their hubs deleted from dchublist.  ???
Which kind of answered the second bit of your post / quote.  Hublist.org is down due to distributed denial of service attacks.

So I am a bit dubious about having supporting that hublist.

First,

Pothead what are you talking about??? I am a dchublist.com admin and I can assure you we are NOT sponsored by TE (I really don't know anyone from that team lol).

Second,

We delete only hubs that abuse of dchublist (fake hubs, vote abuse and so on).

Btw if you don't know things, please think before you post, thanks.

???:::??x??em?-N????:::??? ?wN??

BrianzaLand Blog" style="border:0

Pothead

k, Ska, i'll break it down what i know, and what i speculated.

Fact:
Lord Zero has been ddosing hublist.org.

Quote from footnmouth (regarding development of dchublist):
with the new front end complete the attacks increased 5x and took the hublist server down, and as you have noticed we have experienced much downtime since.

Fact:
Someone i know has been getting ported fucked for months

Speculation:
By Team Elite.

Fact:
There hub has been deleted from dchublist 2 times already.  And no, they don't fake users, or screw with votes.

-SkA-

Quote from: Pothead on 17 November, 2006, 12:18:55
k, Ska, i'll break it down what i know, and what i speculated.

Fact:
Lord Zero has been ddosing hublist.org.

with the new front end complete the attacks increased 5x and took the hublist server down, and as you have noticed we have experienced much downtime since.

Fact:
Someone i know has been getting ported fucked for months

Speculation:
By Team Elite.

Fact:
There hub has been deleted from dchublist 2 times already.  And no, they don't fake users, or screw with votes.

Fact:
Lord Zero has been ddosing hublist.org. ----> Yes, it's a fact, so?

with the new front end complete the attacks increased 5x and took the hublist server down, and as you have noticed we have experienced much downtime since.  ----> It's just a bad insinuation from an hublist.org admin.

Fact:
Someone i know has been getting ported fucked for months ----> and so?

Fact:
There hub has been deleted from dchublist 2 times already.  And no, they don't fake users, or screw with votes. ---> Please PM me that hub address and I'll check.
???:::??x??em?-N????:::??? ?wN??

BrianzaLand Blog" style="border:0

CrazyGuy

Given the relevance of this topic with this board, and this discussion going on on different forums, I'd like to request this topic being closed.

[NL]Foxy

Since DC is still alive I agree totally with CrazyGuy to have it closed.

We still are on DC and since I do not see Char or whatever so called ghostwhisperer I don't agree with the fact that dc has died.

bastya_elvtars

Well, if you link to the OPEN topics that you consider more ontopic on boards where they have been created, I will close this. Until then this one will remain free to post into.
Everything could have been anything else and it would have just as much meaning.

Pothead

Thanks, since i would like to be given a chance to appologise to Ska, if my suspicious turn out to be groundless. :)

ruler

think we all make mistakes but there is are a few coincidences in your previous post  ;D  (not that im accusing anyone either :P) the main thing is, if its not TE then great. i just dont like the way hublist.org have been pushed aside after all they have done for us as a community

imb

Quote from: CrazyGuy on 16 November, 2006, 23:51:41
As it is a proposal, it has not yet been implemented. Downloading whatever shows nothing.

If a client picks a list at random, the place doesn't matter. And even if it is placed, it does matter when the lists above it are offline.

But for what reason did you open this post here exactly ?  ???

Either I have misunderstood or you are not comprehending what I have written. Their policy of favouring ADC hubs at the expense of DC hubs is already implemented a few months back. An ADC hublist is in front of the hublist.org hublist, therefore even if hublist.org comes back, new users will get the ADC hublist by default, which means that fewer and fewer users will come into DC hubs. That proposal is pretty much the same thing I suggested in that thread I posted the link too, but you can see for yourself that the people on the bugzilla are happy with the status quo, they wont implement your suggestions.

And the reason I made this post is straight forward, I am sick of the way DC has been declining, and this has been going on for far too long. Are no hub owners pissed off that hubs have been shrinking the last few months, and this hublist problem has been reoccuring for years? A very long time, yet evidently no one gives a shit. Granted this thread wont solve anything, but let me make it clear that I certainly didn't want petty arguments here either.

ruler

i dont see any arguments here just a discussion and nothing more. all relevant information about what we do not know will help everyone that are unaware of what is happening in the community.

bastya_elvtars

Everything could have been anything else and it would have just as much meaning.

ruler

what would you have it called?

bastya_elvtars

Quote from: ruler on 19 November, 2006, 23:38:14
what would you have it called?

It indeed used to be a community, but I don't know what I should call it now.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk