! ! !_Xsthetic-NetServer_! ! ! - Page 3

News:

29 December 2022 - PtokaX 0.5.3.0 (20th anniversary edition) released...
11 April 2017 - PtokaX 0.5.2.2 released...
8 April 2015 Anti child and anti pedo pr0n scripts are not allowed anymore on this board!
28 September 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.1 for Windows 10 IoT released...
3 September 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.1 released...
16 August 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.0 released...
1 August 2015 - Crowdfunding for ADC protocol support in PtokaX ended. Clearly nobody want ADC support...
30 June 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.1.0 released...
30 April 2015 Crowdfunding for ADC protocol support in PtokaX
26 April 2015 New support hub!
20 February 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.0.3 released...
13 April 2014 - PtokaX 0.5.0.2 released...
23 March 2014 - PtokaX testing version 0.5.0.1 build 454 is available.
04 March 2014 - PtokaX.org sites were temporary down because of DDOS attacks and issues with hosting service provider.

Main Menu

! ! !_Xsthetic-NetServer_! ! !

Started by ??????Hawk??????, 10 September, 2004, 23:14:12

Previous topic - Next topic

UwV

QuoteThese commands are already implemented in V2.00
!lcon
!lcoff
yes ...
but
!country
not without using the security .. or ??
\NL   The knowledge and skills you have achieved are meant to be forgotten so you can float comfortably in emptiness, without obstruction.
" Holly loves me,...  . "      ;o)

& don't forget, the motto is :
  -- SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL DJ'S --

BAlexandrov

Quote??????Hawk??????
BAlexandrov
Quotehe easily can change his IP address and nickname and get back
and later.....
Quotewe have fixed IP addreses
?(  ?(  ?(  ?(  ?(  ?(
if everyone is using fixed ip's then its not a problem. :)
UwV

Hmm let me describe again the situation.
We are in internal network of one ISP. It is basically a big LAN. We all have private IPs (192.168.x.x) and when I say fixed I meand that we do not use DHCP Server but everyone have got one fixed IP. The connection to internet depend on second VPN conenction to our ISP server and do not depend on IP.
The problem is that everyone can easily change his IP in his network settings and our provider does not care much about this but anyway it is supposed to be one fixed IP per user.
Mine idea was to force users to obey that policy - they must use only their original IP address. Because of that I am thinking about variant of using their IP as password.
This way I will register new users with their IP. If someone is banned he will not be able to change his IP and get back.
Basically what I will achieve is same as forcing registration from administrators to be able to access the hub, but will make work more easyer on admin side - there will be no need to ask for desired password and telling the user how to enter it and on user side - there will be no additional action needed.

??????Hawk??????

Heya Peeps

Xsthetic NetServer V3.00  Download from my Sig Now.

For People Already using V2.00 you can upgrade by:-
1. Putting the new !_Xsthetic-NetServer-V3.00c_!.lua in to the scripts directory and removing the old one.
2. Do the same for the GUI .  
3. Restart your scripts..

For new users and users on The older Xsthetic/Esthetic Bots.  
Unzip Everything in to your scripts directory and set it
up by running the Xsthetic-Bot-Setup-V3.00.exe ( GUI )

!upgrade   Upgrades or downgrades a users profile.

-numstart Starts the Quiz but uses a randomly generated list of Sums instead of the Questions..
   (Supported over all linked hubs :-)

!history  Shows the Last 100 lines sent to main chat from Users

Added More Protection Against Hub Flooders.

Optimized and Cleaned up A lot of the code.

More Information on the !hconfig (Hub Info ) Command
GUI:-

Added Tick boxes to the Allow List  to avoid confusion..

All other Options Are Active when GRAYED OUT..

Still got A lot of requests on the ToDo list.
Please feel free to post any more requests or Comments

??????Hawk??????

UwV

[00:15:06] ! ! ! Xsthetic Bot Ver NetServer V2.06-BETA ! ! !  Script has been restarted. Enjoy....
\NL   The knowledge and skills you have achieved are meant to be forgotten so you can float comfortably in emptiness, without obstruction.

??????Hawk??????

ooOOOOooops    forgot to change it ...

fixed now    please   d/l   again ....

??????Hawks??????

UwV

Syntax error: `for' table must be a table
stack traceback:
   1:  function `dosavekick' at line 5907 [file `!_Xsthetic-NetServer-V3.00_!.lua']
   2:  function `ClockTimer' at line 1974 [file `!_Xsthetic-NetServer-V3.00_!.lua']
   3:  function `OnTimer' at line 502 [file `!_Xsthetic-NetServer-V3.00_!.lua']

.. i don't use the security options

??????Hawk??????

hi m8 ..

cause no ones been  kicked  yet  so its  got  none to save...

see if i can  fix  now  ...

back in a mo....

UwV

oi.. gimme time to skin up between updates will ya .. ;0)

??????Hawk??????

Hi m8  ...

Should be ok now..     d/l    and  try again

BAlexandrov

I hope you think about my case :)

One minor bug -
The output from  !userinfo - user's sessions are not well sorted by time see this

45. visit for Lavolin from 19.9.2004 17:26:55 to 03.10.2004 13:19:45 (IP=192.168.113.58)
46. visit for Lavolin from 22.9.2004 11:20:46 to 03.10.2004 13:19:45 (IP=192.168.113.58)
47. visit for Lavolin from 20.9.2004 18:42:27 to 03.10.2004 13:19:45 (IP=192.168.113.58)
48. visit for Lavolin from 21.9.2004 08:34:04 to 03.10.2004 13:19:45 (IP=192.168.113.58)
49. visit for Lavolin from 23.9.2004 18:48:54 to 03.10.2004 13:19:45 (IP=192.168.113.58)

and this
63. visit for Lavolin from 02.10.2004 15:33:05 to 03.10.2004 13:19:45 (IP=192.168.113.58)
64. visit for Lavolin from 02.10.2004 11:49:39 to 03.10.2004 13:19:45 (IP=192.168.113.58)
65. visit for Lavolin from 04.10.2004 08:15:02 to Still online (IP=192.168.113.58)
66. visit for Lavolin from 03.10.2004 13:20:29 to 04.10.2004 00:00:54 (IP=192.168.113.58)

UwV

i am afraid .. not
Syntax error: `for' table must be a table
stack traceback:
   1:  function `dosavekick' at line 5907 [file `!_Xsthetic-NetServer-V3.00_!.lua']
   2:  function `ClockTimer' at line 1974 [file `!_Xsthetic-NetServer-V3.00_!.lua']
   3:  function `OnTimer' at line 502 [file `!_Xsthetic-NetServer-V3.00_!.lua']

Syntax error: bad argument #1 to `tinsert' (table expected, got nil)
stack traceback:
   1:  function `tinsert' [C]
   2:  function `LogMainChat' at line 6192 [file `!_Xsthetic-NetServer-V3.00_!.lua']
   3:  function `DataArrival' at line 547 [file `!_Xsthetic-NetServer-V3.00_!.lua']

Syntax error: bad argument #1 to `getn' (table expected, got nil)
stack traceback:
   1:  function `getn' [C]
   2:  function `SaveChatLogToFile' at line 6211 [file `!_Xsthetic-NetServer-V3.00_!.lua']
   3:  function `OnExit' at line 524 [file `!_Xsthetic-NetServer-V3.00_!.lua']

Script stopped.

HaArD

Hawk,

http://www.hawks-world.com/download.php?id=15

You are in violation of the GNU GPL... again....

UwV

QuoteOriginally posted by HaArD
Hawk,

You are in violation of the GNU GPL... again....

bottom line of that page say's :

Quote" But, we cannot act on our own if we do not hold copyright. Thus, be sure to find out who the copyright holders of the software are before reporting a violation. "

much lua scripting is "half-done" before being re-used to make the scripts that get distibuted with any licence (or for example with "ploppyrights" .. ;0)

Now someone takes that code uses it to make "his/her own script and starts distributing this with a "gnu-license" then...  Who IS  "the copyright holders" actually..

p.s. to the mods,  there is a thread about this subject elwehere on this subject .. i know .. delete this silly "wise-ass" reply of mine if it is out of place ...

HaArD .. i don't mean to upset you .. so
if you or any other person has written a script from scratch .. without ever reading any script on this forum for refference or using idears/methods used in these scripts .. and that has been used to merge into this one without askin/permission/proper-credits..
 you have all the right to speak ..

HaArD

UwV,

I'm not talking about the LUA scripts. I've never seen one that included any license information whatsoever.
If any script author wishes to comment on how Hawk is distributing code they wrote they are free to do so.
(although if you'll allow me a personal opinion... compiling LUA scripts for PtokaX is utterly stupid.)

I am commenting on matters where I am the author of the code in question.
I am talking about the GUI application which contains code which he got because I licensed it under the GNU GPL.

Let me be very clear. I like this project, and I support Hawk in doing it. I have even provided assistance behind the scenes which you would know nothing about.

I am not raising this issue just to be difficult. I wrote my program and released it as Open Source under GNU GPL so that others could learn the same way I had, by reading other peoples code.

Follow this chain....
Chaos's HubMonster inspired
FliXD's MHC which inspired a new program
HaArD's HubLink which inspired a mod (now officially licensed under GNU GPL)
Motta_Ita's MYC which is included in
Hawks  Xsthetic-NetServer...

That is how Hawk got this code, and the chain should not stop there. Hawk is required to make his source code available so others can learn from and build upon his efforts. Hawk knows this and I am sure he will respond positively once he sees this post.

bastya_elvtars

QuoteI am sure he will respond positively once he sees this post.

he did
Everything could have been anything else and it would have just as much meaning.

UwV

HaArD,
let me be very clear,
1. Really no offense meant @ all.
2. I have been running this script and helping out with bug reporting, suggestions,  etc. bugs since v.1  
2.2 ..now proper credits and reference to source code of the used scripts/programs has not been missing in my opinion, right..  maybe documentation is slower than version .. but for sure it will be corrected by hawk before any  "final" release .....
3. so please,.. don't give me that "wich you would know nothing about " attitude ..  i am not trying to disrespect you or your opinions/idears in any way, .. thanks.

p.s. my personal opinion ?..
i do agree with you -> .lua for ptokax should be uncompiled.

This message can/will/may be deleted as soon as read by you..

HaArD

??????Hawk??????

Heya ppl ...  

Seems there has been some confusion..

The source code for the GUI has been available ( to any one that asked ) for quite a while now since it was first pointed out to me, and even freely given to ppl ive spoken to Whom i thaught it would help.

V3.00 is the only one that has had some sort of updated Readme  and  it contains the  the credits and info regarding the GNU GPL  for the GUI.
QuoteFrom the Read Me Included in the Zip

Hub Link GUI Credits:-
'******************************************************
'***   Xsthetic-Bot-Setup-V2.00 By ??????Hawk?????? ***
'incorporated GUI for setting up of !_Xsthetic-NetServer-V3.00_!
'Previously Known as DC Multi-External Chat by Ita_Motta (v1.00)
'Previously Known as MultiHubLink by HaArD
'Previously known as MHC Bot v2.xx which was written
'by FLiXD and enhanced by HaArD. This program owes its
'existence to the inspiration provided by FLiXD's
'original MHC-Bot v2.42.

'**************************************************************************
'  This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify
'  it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by
'  the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or
'  (at your option) any later version.
'
'  This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful,
'  but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of
'  MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.  See the
'  GNU General Public License for more details.
'
'  You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License
'  along with this program; if not, write to the Free Software
'  Foundation, Inc., 675 Mass Ave, Cambridge, MA 02139, USA.

I didnt feel the need to update the GUI source because all that i changed was the  Graphic option to none Graphic display of the Tick Boxes on the Client list.
so i felt there was no change to the code so no need to update.

Regarding the Lua script  there is no code in it protected by the GNU GPL.  and any new code is either my own OR with Permission from the Author of Said Code

The Main reason for Compiling is because There is NO WAY  i could,  Or even Want To   Support  an Open source script thet is well in Excess of 7100 Lines

it takes me enough time to debug my own errors  Without having to debug everyone elses.

I hope this Clears everything up..

UwV

Quote:) It's all good.

??????Hawk??????

Heya   UwV

Quote:) It's all good.
Yeh we Thrashed it out in pm.   :P

HaArd has Helped me a great deal over the last couple of years right from the days of  NMDC hub and VB script.
and if it was not for the hub link My gui wouldnt exist in the way it does now.
i have great respect for all Scripter / Programmers of DC and wouldnt purposly do anything to upset anyone.

But i may Stray a little sometimes and dont mind  being told.

the post was mainly for everyone elses benifit and just to clear any issues that may arrise in the future. :))

Anyway  Enough of that.  ON WITH THE BOT  :P  :P

ok  i found a couple of errors when the security option was disabled. ( im guessing yours is disabled ).

im  just doing some  further tests  and will post  YET ANOTHER to the server  for download very shortly ...

:))  :))

VidFamne

Hmm, where is the source?

??????Hawk??????

heheheh   I wandered how long it would take..

your quicker off the mark than i expected i thaught at least  2 hrs :P

//www.hawks-world.com/source     <-----  Down load it here/ Brake it on your computer and DONT give me the errors  .. IM NOT INTERESTED     :P   :P  :P

But any tips on how to improve will be greatly appreciated  ...    :D  :D

??????Hawk??????

Heya Peeps...

Fixed some errors when security is disabled...

! ! ! Xsthetic NetServer V3.01 ! ! !

d/l from my  sig

UwV

cool wil install tommorow ..
now sleep,.. (still "easy ugade?)

??????Hawk??????

hi m8

Quote(still "easy ugade?)

Yup    :))

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk