=Developing, BetaTesting and Human Stupidity= - Page 2

News:

29 December 2022 - PtokaX 0.5.3.0 (20th anniversary edition) released...
11 April 2017 - PtokaX 0.5.2.2 released...
8 April 2015 Anti child and anti pedo pr0n scripts are not allowed anymore on this board!
28 September 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.1 for Windows 10 IoT released...
3 September 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.1 released...
16 August 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.0 released...
1 August 2015 - Crowdfunding for ADC protocol support in PtokaX ended. Clearly nobody want ADC support...
30 June 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.1.0 released...
30 April 2015 Crowdfunding for ADC protocol support in PtokaX
26 April 2015 New support hub!
20 February 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.0.3 released...
13 April 2014 - PtokaX 0.5.0.2 released...
23 March 2014 - PtokaX testing version 0.5.0.1 build 454 is available.
04 March 2014 - PtokaX.org sites were temporary down because of DDOS attacks and issues with hosting service provider.

Main Menu

=Developing, BetaTesting and Human Stupidity=

Started by ptaczek, 19 January, 2004, 18:08:13

Previous topic - Next topic

Dax

Ptacez resize your world!!!
Don't pretend you be god.....
Everyone can be wrong: we're human but this doesn't justify your anger against everyone!!!
Admin of DAXHUB
daxhub.no-ip.com

SaintSinner

QuoteOriginally posted by Dax
Ptacez resize your world!!!
Don't pretend you be god.....
Everyone can be wrong: we're human but this doesn't justify your anger against everyone!!!

goodness "pretending to be god?"
sounds like someone is really bitter at this idea.
he is prob taking advise from most ppl here,
its has been mentioned time and time again
that releasing betas to users that arent ready
for the concequenses, of running a beta hub
 will only discourage other
users from using it, thus the community will wither
away.

whats the big deal anyway,..are you a beta tester
if yes...no change to you
if no ...then whats the big deal
the only ppl affected will be beta testers.
JEEEZZZ

NightLitch

This thread should never have started... this is ONE big
thing to cause unhappiness here. Why can't there be a
"own" thread section for only Beta's. So this kind of discussions are not held. I don't like this at all.

And if Ptaczek want to secure his creation let him do that.

Don't we all want a final working version! Instead of stealing the beta's or get them from other users.

Gezzz... plz. Close thread this is going to be a real breakdown
if it continues.
//NL

plop

QuoteOriginally posted by (uk-kingdom)pH?tt?
i really hope ur right, i want to know who the traitor is, it cud be someone we help, it good be one of our friends, no one knows yet, and it really annoys me that ptax uses his time, to work on it for the community, i love being here as u can tell, im not even supposed to be here but i am, i love scripting lua, and i cant understadn these ppl, i hope i find out who it is, i want to know if they are around us, in this forum maybe reading these posts or what......
there are 2 things endless, the universe and human stupidety.
and i'm not 2 sure about the universe.
einstein rules.

dax: getting the beta out in the open only harms ptokax reputation.
ppl will start talking that the new beta is unstable/buggy, which is logical for us as we know that it's a beta.
but the ppl getting it the wrong way might not know that and start complaining or even telling there mates how bad it is (which it isn't btw).
this can cause ppl 2 run away and not even trying 0.3.3.0 the day it's gone be released.
he's not angry @ everybody, just the 1 which is abusing his trust.

plop
http://www.plop.nl lua scripts/howto\'s.
http://www.thegoldenangel.net
http://www.vikingshub.com
http://www.lua.org

>>----> he who fights hatred with hatred, drives the spreading of hatred <----<<

bolamix

Just my 2-bit... First, no thanks to the who released the betas.... stupidity is endless. :rolleyes: (edit: that was written before plop's post, so i'm paraphrazing einstein without knowing... great :D)
@Ptaczek: I support your decision, as obviously it's the only way this project is ever gonna get through. I'm saddened because when you start something that big on your free time you practically do it for others (even when you enjoy coding and bug-tracking), and then one of those "others" just ruins it for thousands of people... that's ugly, but they obviously don't care.
You don't deserve this kinda shit heaped upon you man, take it as easy as you can, we'll just have to be patient. That shouldn't be so hard if most people weren't used to "I want it all and i want it NOW".

@SaintSinner: the people affected by this will not be only beta testers, but also all the hubowners who are awaiting the new release, all their users who are affected by the remaining bugs... all of them will have to wait longer, which counts as "being affected", although in a minor way... ;)

@NightLitch: i disagree, i think it's good that people realize that someone is putting so much work into it, i don't like the idea of keeping such knowledge from the average user. My own 2-bit, as i said, even if it's 2 long bits :P
Sharing is of the essence!

Live music >> Aiwadirock! live music hub
PtokaX knowledge >> The PtokaX Wiki

Snoris

Well...I think its time for ptacek to resize just as he says....the beta-team maybe was a little to big...
I?ll stand behind you in wich dessision you?ll ever make ptacek...I know I?m inocent..and probablly more of us...But something gotta be done...this stupidety can?t go on longer....I know where I stand on this issue..And I?m pleased to say that I can offer my beta place just for the future couse of ptokax...Now who?s with me??? :]

Devastator

After readin manee posts on this topic i jus wanna say.....well i aint no beta tester and i have seen manee hub softwares in action.......and i can honestly say that i havent seen n e that can touch PtokaX......i find PtokaX betta as it can be tweaked to how i want it and i cnt see no hub software that is able 2 match what PtokaX can do.

when theres problems with PtokaX like errors ppl can have them solved easily in this forum. If ppl need a script 2 match what they want the scripters make it just to match ones needs and also Direct Conenct software like oDC, DC++ etc can be a general topic this forum.

Firstly i dnt see no hub software at all matchin what i have mentioned above abt PtokaX.

Secondly i dnt see no forum matchin one like this and if there is one i cnt find it and quite frankly i'm happy i havent found it!

Thirdly i dnt see no other people on other Hub Software projects workin as hard as the people workin on PtokaX and i dnt think they as friendly.

I may have strayed off the point a little but, basically what i am saying is i'm a n00b and PtokaX is and will always b the hub software 4 me....

also rumour goes other softwares r dodgy....

so i recommend stick 2 PtokaX

and i will recommend it 2 manee other no doubt.

PtokaX is da hub software and will always be da best hub software around as its easy 2 use, help can be found easily and with pleasure and its all worthwhile!

Keep ur faith in PtokaX cos no matter what i am gonna use it and recommend it 2 others!

Devastator
(? ?.??.->PLOP DEFINATELY 4 MOD!!!<-.??.???)

c h i l l a

what ever is best for the projekt.
And I would like to see a realese out more sooner than later :).
If i had to switch back to Ptokax TD 4, I'd be quite desperate.

yepyepyep4711

oh, well. Now's the time I wish I knew programming.

But I do support the Idea of a separate section in the forum for the Beta-Testers.

Cheers

Joha

i fully agree with ptaczek i allso think this should have been a 1 post (Ptaczek) to inform all on it, and then close the thread

keep up the great work :)

angelsanges

sorry for my latency...but I'm busy with university.
I'm supporting the ptokax project from beginning and now unfortunately I lost my link to the beta download page....Uffff!
anyway i love ptokax and i love to support and use it every day!
I hate this kind of people!
Pta you're all with you and with ptokax!

PTOKAX RULEZ!

PS: sorry for my english

Dyzan

To bad that people destroys our beta testing by spreed unfinished work..  :(

Well Ptaczek, let me and NightLitch know when your more secure site is avaible. You have our e-mail.

We need to beta test more to get this good hubsoft avaible for users.

By the way. I like Ptokax 0.3.3.0 b15.25 very stabel.  topped 701 users with no lag. Thats good! And thanks NightLitch! Our Bot for 0.3.3.0 versions will be great!

Keep up the good work!
//Dyzan @ Swenorth
Download: NXS-3.v.3.9a
Creator of NXS-3: NightLitch

NotRabidWombat

Well, I think you're going about this the wrong way.

First off, what makes your beta testers more *elite* than other users. It seems to me that most people just said yes. Dedication is the only qualification of a beta tester. Why should we remove other dedicated users from the communitty?

Second, you'll only find more persistant (and frustrating) users as you take further steps to protect the beta version from being leaked.

As far as I can tell, most users have their own favorite version of PtokaX taking into account their desire for stability versus features. If users are frustrated with a new beta version of PtokaX, they'll probably go back to whatever they were using before. Most people have the very basic understanding that beta means the software can be buggy.

So my suggested approach is release very blantantly beta versions. You won't have to bother with the water mark or the portal or users who would like to help with debugging being left out of the loop (like myself). Users can choose to download the stable version or exist on the bleeding edge of technology.

But, it's your show. As far as I know, you are the only developer. I'll respect whatever you choose.

-NotRabidWombat

I like childish behavior. Maybe this post will be deleted next.

Dax

Ok but that just not possibile, so from today i'm running an other software(NOTE!!!! I HAVEN'T SPAM!!!!!!!)

Bye
Dax
Admin of DAXHUB
daxhub.no-ip.com

????L?F??

ptaczek if you need any help at all weather it be programming/beta testing or even shit to do with the ptokax web site (kinda good at making sites ^^)

just pm me alright mate ;-)

i'll be glad to help out in any way or form possible
Whos ya daddy  :]

gizmo

15.25 is very stabile

we had 2300 users without lagg and the cpu was 34 % nice =)

Flux

I wish i could be a beta tester but really i don't want to, cause i am not a programmer but i could test it no problem but my members would be angry at me if i had any probs hehehe.

Anyway a good friend of mine is a beta tester for Ptokax and he assures me that if the new PtokaX will ever be released it will be awsome.

So i hope things will look up and prosper for Ptokax.

My mate also says theres a few probs too with the Ptokax 3.3.0 build 15.25. so i hope u lot will be on top of it. I do get fustrated as i want to be a beta tester cause my friend will not let any other info out. bastard hehehe.
? Official HoD Website - http://www.houseofdance.net
? Official HoD Hub Community -  hodhub.dyndns.org:2007

????L?F??

QuoteOriginally posted by gizmo
15.25 is very stabile

we had 2300 users without lagg and the cpu was 34 % nice =)

thats all well and good but, whats the system specs and internet connection speed up/down

cant say its good and say you get what ever % cpu useage

every pc is different so other people may not get the same effect of proformance

gizmo

its a 2 ghz cpu 512 mb ram and 10mbit up and down

=)

????L?F??

well thats pretty good, 2ghz cpu doesnt explain much tho, amd or intel?

downstars:
AMD 2600+ XP "Barton"
512 DDR 333mhz

upstairs:
AMD 2400+ XP "Throughbred"
256 DDR 266mhz

Net = 576/288

gizmo

Its a an Amd cpu =)

????L?F??

well thats good then ^^

high hopes for ptokax now

plop

QuoteOriginally posted by Flux
I wish i could be a beta tester but really i don't want to, cause i am not a programmer but i could test it no problem but my members would be angry at me if i had any probs hehehe.

Anyway a good friend of mine is a beta tester for Ptokax and he assures me that if the new PtokaX will ever be released it will be awsome.

So i hope things will look up and prosper for Ptokax.

My mate also says theres a few probs too with the Ptokax 3.3.0 build 15.25. so i hope u lot will be on top of it. I do get fustrated as i want to be a beta tester cause my friend will not let any other info out. bastard hehehe.
yep beta testing isn't always fun.
i'm really happy that odin helps me on beta testing my bot's even if it can cause lots and lots of complains.

1 extra side note 2 explain a bit what soulfire allready states.
the amount of MHz doesn't say anything about how fast a cpu actualy is.
if you want 2 see a nice example about this i advise you 2 look here.
it's an comparison between an powerPC G4 and a Pentium 4.
check the Flops/cycle and you'll see that an PPC on half the speed can be 2x as fast as a P4.
Flops/cycle is the number of floating point (math calculations with numbers behind the . example 0.3432 x 2.343) per clock pulse.
all this is a bit O.T. but i found it in place 2 explain it a bit as many ppl make mistakes in this.

plop
http://www.plop.nl lua scripts/howto\'s.
http://www.thegoldenangel.net
http://www.vikingshub.com
http://www.lua.org

>>----> he who fights hatred with hatred, drives the spreading of hatred <----<<

kbeh273300

as far as i know im a beta tester i got an email from you for the beta but i have never sent any emails about bugs as for now i havent found any.

as to all this leakedge its most desturbing . but im sure you will handle it in the best way you can

i have replided to this becouse it seemed like its time for me to get my 2 cents in.i have tested it with many diferant scripts and they all seem to work just fine,no bugs made by the hubsoft.

i also wanted to replie to the one user that posted about haveing only big hubs test it. well i would hate to see that kind of descimanation but i guess you will do what your gona do no mater what anyone says.

lastly i just want to say thanks for letting me be a beta tester and i hope i can continue to be a beta tester.

H??? ? K??g? hub owner and proud member of the Dream~Masters Network

kbeh273300@hotmail.com
-=United Kings network=-
Network Webpage?
Hub address: houseofkings.no-ip.org:420
hub webpage
hub forum

pHaTTy

QuoteOriginally posted by kbeh273300

i also wanted to replie to the one user that posted about haveing only big hubs test it. well i would hate to see that kind of descimanation but i guess you will do what your gona do no mater what anyone says.

kbeh273300@hotmail.com

i also disagree with only large hubs, i used to run hub with about 500+, and i got sick, so i limited to about 100 now, and im happy :), but i still like to try and find new bugs, and every little bit of help is better, the smaller hubs will find bugs that big hubs wont find, and big hubs will find what small hubs cant ;)

just my opinion ;)

PhaTz,,
Resistance is futile!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk