max hub

News:

29 December 2022 - PtokaX 0.5.3.0 (20th anniversary edition) released...
11 April 2017 - PtokaX 0.5.2.2 released...
8 April 2015 Anti child and anti pedo pr0n scripts are not allowed anymore on this board!
28 September 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.1 for Windows 10 IoT released...
3 September 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.1 released...
16 August 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.0 released...
1 August 2015 - Crowdfunding for ADC protocol support in PtokaX ended. Clearly nobody want ADC support...
30 June 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.1.0 released...
30 April 2015 Crowdfunding for ADC protocol support in PtokaX
26 April 2015 New support hub!
20 February 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.0.3 released...
13 April 2014 - PtokaX 0.5.0.2 released...
23 March 2014 - PtokaX testing version 0.5.0.1 build 454 is available.
04 March 2014 - PtokaX.org sites were temporary down because of DDOS attacks and issues with hosting service provider.

Main Menu

max hub

Started by ?StIfFLEr??, 02 November, 2008, 07:43:41

Previous topic - Next topic

?StIfFLEr??

mutor i have seen in the ptokax settings
for max hub options
we can set from there
but  can we have the script for tat... which can include which hubs(by ip adress) to login with a right click

?StIfFLEr??

plz sum1 reply can we make such a script

?StIfFLEr??

yes mutor i do agree with what u have said but can we make them log on to only the hubs with given ip/ip range.
Like with the help of the script we can make users access only the hubs in the given ip range.If they join any other hubs other than those they would get disconnected from the main hub where the script is running.

bastya_elvtars

This cannot be done since you cannot retrieve in any way where the user is conected to. It is also a stupid restriction IMHO.
Everything could have been anything else and it would have just as much meaning.

HaArD

I hate to argue but "it cannot be done" might be overstating the problem...

The challenge is that no hub knows anything about the other hubs a user is connected to, only how many they are connected to (from the client tag <????? V:x.xx,M:?,H:?/?/?,S:?>)

If the hubs had some way of sharing the information about which users were connected to them and the script used that information to determine how many hubs the user should be connected to it would be possible to identify users who were in hubs other than the ones sharing that information.

ie...

Hub 1 has client A & B
Hub 2 has client A & B
Hub 3 has client A

The three hubs exchange info on what users are currently connected...

Client A says he's in 3 hubs, the script totals the instances of A and agrees, no problem.
Client B says he's in 3 hubs, the script totals the instances of B and says it should be 2, client B is in another unknown hub.

I don't know how difficult it would be for your hubs to exchange that info though, are they in the same lan? You need to output the user list and send it to the other hubs and receive the same type of file from the other hubs.

Also, you would have to consider the possibility of lag between the exchange of userlists and the script actually testing against a specific user and provide some tolerance.

I am confused about why you would impose this type of limit on your users though.....

?StIfFLEr??

The Reason for the implementation is made by the Service provider to keep only 3 hubs running on lan.
All the hubs run on the same lan.
As we are restricted to use only 3 hubs with defined ip there are many users who make their own hub and which result in lag of net speed and we are warned if we run more than 3 hubs on lan our hubs will be permanently closed.
So i wanted the script by which i can make people join only 2 hubs {172.16.11.62 & 172.16.16.58 & 172.19.212.158} and if the users join hubs other than these they will be kicked from the hub where this script is running.
this script seems to be impossible.But i wished sum one might give it a try.

ruler

ive never heard of an ISP complain about how many hubs a user runs, its more logical for an ISP to complain about how many people your hub/s have in total as the more people you have connected would increase net traffic which all ISP are more concerned about.

The Direct Connect Global Banlist get protected.

?StIfFLEr??

I wish we had an ISP which could understand it after we tried to speak to him.
anyways he is not going to listen to any of these if its possible to make such a script it would be awesome if not then
i think i will have to manually ping to all the ip's i know to implement the restriction.
Thanks for your concern.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk