Help with PtokaX on Linksys WRT54GS

News:

29 December 2022 - PtokaX 0.5.3.0 (20th anniversary edition) released...
11 April 2017 - PtokaX 0.5.2.2 released...
8 April 2015 Anti child and anti pedo pr0n scripts are not allowed anymore on this board!
28 September 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.1 for Windows 10 IoT released...
3 September 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.1 released...
16 August 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.0 released...
1 August 2015 - Crowdfunding for ADC protocol support in PtokaX ended. Clearly nobody want ADC support...
30 June 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.1.0 released...
30 April 2015 Crowdfunding for ADC protocol support in PtokaX
26 April 2015 New support hub!
20 February 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.0.3 released...
13 April 2014 - PtokaX 0.5.0.2 released...
23 March 2014 - PtokaX testing version 0.5.0.1 build 454 is available.
04 March 2014 - PtokaX.org sites were temporary down because of DDOS attacks and issues with hosting service provider.

Main Menu

Help with PtokaX on Linksys WRT54GS

Started by Rocky, 24 March, 2007, 20:30:06

Previous topic - Next topic

Rocky

Ok I have a No-IP DDNS up but I don't know which IP to put in it. I'm running behind a firewall and I have 1209 (TCP) and 1209 (UDP) forwarded. My local IP is 192.168.1.106 but I know that other people can't connect to that so how should I do this?

Sorry for being a n00b and thank you in advance.

EDIT: Here is the picture of how my cmd looks when I put in ipconfig.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y239/RockyNguyen/Rocky.jpg

Anna

the no-ip account should be set to your public IP, usually the no-ip duc updater prog takes care of that.

Further more router needs to forward on the port you plan on using for your hub, 411 being the default port on dc.

if you have forwarded port 1209, using your public ip and port 2109 should work, if firewall accepts.connections on that port that is.

so if you installed the duc and its running correctly you should have an addy like this (only an example, no-ip offers other domains as well): myname.no-ip.info:1209

you can also find your public IP at this site: http://www.whatismyip.com/

Rocky

It seems to work. I'm trying to get my cousin to connect so I'll reply if it still doesn't work.

Thank you very much! ;D

EDIT: Okay it worked nicely. Thank you again. The good part is that I can apply this to other programs that are similar.

Anna

Rocky

One more question, when I'm just sitting in the hub it says:

Sorry, connection request not send because have wrong IP.

How do I get it to stop? It does it once in a while.

bastya_elvtars

That's because you connect with an internal IP. Connect to the external address.
Everything could have been anything else and it would have just as much meaning.

Rocky

So in the Hub Address what should I put? I think that's the problem but I don't know what I put in it.

bastya_elvtars

You have a no-ip address for the hub, right? Use that to connect with your client. Also the Resolve to IP and Listen only on this IP in PtokaX should be checked.
Everything could have been anything else and it would have just as much meaning.

Rocky

Well what I actually meant was what should I put in the hub address for the server. I'm going to try checking both right now.

Thank you!

EDIT: I get "Server socket bind error: WSAEADDRNOTAVAIL (10049) for port: 1209" when I try to start with both checked on my IP and on my No-IP address.

PPK

Uncheck "Listen only on this IP"  ::)
"Most of you are familiar with the virtues of a programmer. There are three, of course: laziness, impatience, and hubris." - Larry Wall

Rocky

Okay so this is what my server thingy looks like.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y239/RockyNguyen/HubAddress.jpg

I forgot to check Resolve to IP but I just did. Is that how it should look?

CrazyGuy

Quote from: Rocky on 25 March, 2007, 16:00:03
Okay so this is what my server thingy looks like.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y239/RockyNguyen/HubAddress.jpg

I forgot to check Resolve to IP but I just did. Is that how it should look?

if you check Resolve to IP then yup

Rocky

Alright it works great. Thanks to all you guys!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk