DC++ forum/hublist.org

News:

29 December 2022 - PtokaX 0.5.3.0 (20th anniversary edition) released...
11 April 2017 - PtokaX 0.5.2.2 released...
8 April 2015 Anti child and anti pedo pr0n scripts are not allowed anymore on this board!
28 September 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.1 for Windows 10 IoT released...
3 September 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.1 released...
16 August 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.0 released...
1 August 2015 - Crowdfunding for ADC protocol support in PtokaX ended. Clearly nobody want ADC support...
30 June 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.1.0 released...
30 April 2015 Crowdfunding for ADC protocol support in PtokaX
26 April 2015 New support hub!
20 February 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.0.3 released...
13 April 2014 - PtokaX 0.5.0.2 released...
23 March 2014 - PtokaX testing version 0.5.0.1 build 454 is available.
04 March 2014 - PtokaX.org sites were temporary down because of DDOS attacks and issues with hosting service provider.

Main Menu

DC++ forum/hublist.org

Started by imb, 30 October, 2006, 22:08:12

Previous topic - Next topic

imb

Someone know why these two sites are down and when they be coming back?

Naithif

Hublist.org is now http://www.dchublist.com

DC++'s forum well, I don't know, but I haven't seen it for some time, and if it still isn't working, that's strange

imb

I thought the hublists were run by two different sets of people?

-SkA-

Quote from: Naithif on 30 October, 2006, 22:27:49
Hublist.org is now http://www.dchublist.com

DC++'s forum well, I don't know, but I haven't seen it for some time, and if it still isn't working, that's strange

It's not correct.

Hublist.org and dchublist.com are two separate sites.
???:::??x??em?-N????:::??? ?wN??

BrianzaLand Blog" style="border:0

Naithif

You should check that statement ;)
Or only the site...
If you have a hub you should know the answer...

-SkA-

Quote from: Naithif on 31 October, 2006, 09:41:26
You should check that statement ;)
Or only the site...
If you have a hub you should know the answer...

What? I'm an admin of dchublist.com and I don't know if it's the old hublist.org? LOL

Naithif

Then you should say where did you got that list which is on dchublist.com now...
Found my old hub that was regged only on hublist.org and dcinfo.sytes.net... If the list comes from hublist.org, then there's no need to say anything else, if it isn't the same list then it's a copy-paste hublist, good for you :P

Edit: Seeing the stuff that's on dchublist.com it's 1:1 a copy-paste hublist (if it isn't the continue of hublist.org of course)

-SkA-

Please be serious.

1) You can't say we have copy-paste from hublist.org (just a little respect for our work).
2) We started from about 500 hubs and then owners add their own hub from control panel.
3) Our pinger is in PHP not in C++.
4) If you think that at hublist.org are so mad to give us pinger and control panel....  ;D

Then, you can think what you want.

Stormbringer

lol
;D
Naithif, change of nick please, God could be more appropriate, cause you know all about all, and even more....
For your information: You should be able to recognize when the work is stolen (some dc mods...) and when it's not, like here

Naithif

Stormbringer you are offtopic and arrogant. Answer the correct topic in the correct thread. I don't think you deserve any other answer (My favorite reply is Zion++ and it's a perfect answer).

As for the hublist
1.) Well it's MAIN purpose lies in it's content.
2.) You've put in hubs that never even been pinged because they were on hublist.org and they are discontinued a long time before your hublist started. I got a quite a few examples for now...
3.) Not really something worth a mention
4.) I don't think you needed to get anything, dchublist.com is something that should be seen and after judged. I've seen it, and it's architecht is very similiar to hublist.org, like NO other site.

Ok, it was my opinion, I don't care, but tell me it isn't similiar, and it has no stuff from hublist.org...

netcelli

If by similar you mean that we also provide detailed information about a hub using a sensible layout to make it easy for ppl to read and understand, then yes its similar to the millions of websites that produce information on various subjects. Does it have hubs that were on hublist.org? of course it has hubs that were on hublist.org since many owners wish to be regged with more then one hublist (something we are not against unlike some others) Did we copy from hublist.org? No we did not, despite the recent updates to the dchublist.com project, it has actually been gathering momentum now for nearly 6 months, yes of course in that time some hubs that were originally there are now discontinued. dchublist.com is STILL under heavy development and improvements are being made all the time. In due course housekeeping features will be devised to remove discontinued hubs from the website database but let me ASSURE you something now, the list provided to dc++ clients is 100% up to date and varified on a daily basis.
It seems to me that you are just attacking something that prehaps you do not control or have an influence over. DC is about SHARING not hording of information so why dont you stop critisising and start sharing a few ideas that you may prehaps have for future improvemenets to the dchublist.com project..

Naithif

Impressive

I mean by similiar that a big percent of options and details match 1:1
But as you've said if it's another hublist then hublist.org then you should take down those hubs that regged on hublist.org. You have no right to add a hub that's never regged on your list...

Psycho_Chihuahua

Naithif, i guess you missed something in an above post completely

Quote2) We started from about 500 hubs and then owners add their own hub from control panel.
PtokaxWiki ?PtokaX Mirror + latest Libs

01100001011011000111001101101111001000000110101101101110011011110111011101101110001000000110000101110011001000000101010001101111011010110110111101101100011011110111001101101000

netcelli

Prehaps you failed to read the previous reply... As quoted above, no hubs were copied from hublist.org or any other hublist, although, alternative methods of gathering hub info was explored including auto reg feature like many hubsofts have before we settled on the current method. If your hub is on the list and you do not wish for it to be then please check our FAQ about how to manually remove your hub from our list. Thanks for your feedback...

Naithif

Quote from: Psycho_Chihuahua on 31 October, 2006, 17:19:54
Naithif, i guess you missed something in an above post completely
Quote2) We started from about 500 hubs and then owners add their own hub from control panel.

Nope, it just isn't true. Nobody regged my old hub and nobody regged my actual hub, nor my friend's...
I think it's beginning to be stupid.
I don't care, I don't think anyone would be insulted with my old hub on your list (it's imported from somewhere it's clear - it has some errors in it's name :P)
I'm even grateful that I hadn't need to put my hub on your list, but that's enough of coincidences.
Let's close this here. I have no problem with your hublist, but if no-one adds a hub and it's there that's strange... Even stranger if the hublist looks quite a bit like hublist.org

netcelli

Again it seems you failed to read the previous post addressing your claims. But as you say, lets close this here ;)

Naithif

I've still read...
And in my eyes there are only "hub owner added the hub" no gathering...

Edit: Explain how my old hub got onto your list, and finish with that. I'm always in for a reasonable answer

netcelli

Like hublist.org it is possible to add any hub ti our list. Which means it is possible someone could have added it for you. Also in a previous post I told you that dchublist.com has been gathering momentum for nearly 6 months, and that in those months many methods of inforamtion gathering were explored including the addition of known hubs by the then development team, so its also a possibility one of them added it since they knew it existed. So theres two possibilities for you. Now i feel this topic has dragged on long enough. If you have any serious concearns feel free to take a look in our FAQ regarding the correct methods in which to address your complaints suggestions.

Naithif

Tell me something
Someone adds my hub with the topic that was about 1 year ago remembers that
He remembers the setting that were set in hublist.org like MAXIMUM hubs for example (that wasn't even set in the hubsoft because I forgot it since)
Remembers the location
BUT
Doesn't remember the hubsoft...

Ok, I believe you.

netcelli

hmm closed 1 year ago and apparently still on hublist.org according to you? I thought you were FOR hublist.org and not against because right now your making them sound very out of date..

Naithif

It stays on the list if you don't request deleting it sounds a bit like another hublist :P
But it's also on your hublist so it's outdated too?  ;D

Stormbringer

QuoteStormbringer you are offtopic and arrogant. Answer the correct topic in the correct thread. I don't think you deserve any other answer (My favorite reply is Zion++ and it's a perfect answer).

Hi God!  ;) Offtopic for sure no. Arrogant, you are with others but of course everybody must respect you... We are arrogant since the moment we have not the same idea...
Zion is a good answer yes cause it's not a simple code stealing mods (a lot of features was added) ... very different to xion, ice, and other shit...
I am in the correct thread because you make an attack on stealing work, where there is not... But when there is, you don't realise
there is, what looks very funny for me  ::) ;D

Naithif

I wonder if you were there when Zion++ was a little mod (it was you know, evolving...) then it wouldn't exist the way we know it now (you would most likely arrogantly flame Virus27 to death because he modded StrongDC++ piece by piece).
There's place for every modder, they do not steal, and all of them has the chance of making something great sooner or later
Haven't seen you on the Xion++ or Ice++ forum, so next time go there and open your mouth there...

Stormbringer

You don't need to make me an historic of Zion, mod known and used...  ::)
There was evolution in Zion, since beginning, in xion, or ice, the only things modded are the backgroud pictures, the pictures, ohhhhhhh and I also forgot about the credits... lol
"Sooner or later" , nice expression, sometimes it can be never... It's the case for the 2 mentionned mods. There is place for everybody, true, even for loosers...
You complain about the hublist, I can complain about the mods that you defend, same things...  ;D
And for the question to open mouth... sorry it's a forum, I can't open my mouth, I write sentences on my keyboard only ;)
You should know that on the board we write and don't speak. They didn't teached you that? For a dc++ (but not only...) veteran
you should know this.

Bye, G O D, and you're welcome for new tips ;-)

bastya_elvtars

Let's just stop the flamefest, please. Stormbringer: please don't talk about this code stealing in a topic about hublists (or shortly no offtopic).
Quote from: Naithif on 31 October, 2006, 21:30:02
I wonder if you were there when Zion++ was a little mod (it was you know, evolving...)

Yes, of course. To mod something, we need the sourcetree first. Does this sound new to you?
Everything could have been anything else and it would have just as much meaning.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk