News:

29 December 2022 - PtokaX 0.5.3.0 (20th anniversary edition) released...
11 April 2017 - PtokaX 0.5.2.2 released...
8 April 2015 Anti child and anti pedo pr0n scripts are not allowed anymore on this board!
28 September 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.1 for Windows 10 IoT released...
3 September 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.1 released...
16 August 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.0 released...
1 August 2015 - Crowdfunding for ADC protocol support in PtokaX ended. Clearly nobody want ADC support...
30 June 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.1.0 released...
30 April 2015 Crowdfunding for ADC protocol support in PtokaX
26 April 2015 New support hub!
20 February 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.0.3 released...
13 April 2014 - PtokaX 0.5.0.2 released...
23 March 2014 - PtokaX testing version 0.5.0.1 build 454 is available.
04 March 2014 - PtokaX.org sites were temporary down because of DDOS attacks and issues with hosting service provider.

Main Menu

Started by VERMiN, 21 February, 2004, 11:48:33

Previous topic - Next topic

NightLitch

Any chance you will share the uncompiled version to ???

What to see your work in code.  :-)

/NL
//NL

sander815

does it have some !help command or so? or #help, or !settings or whatever?  i can't find it

and why do i see this when i open the lua in wordpad:
Lua@    ?[????A

instead of something like this:

BOT = "Share_Logger";
SHAREFILE = "share_log.txt";
function Main()
frmHub:RegBot(BOT)
end

TSHARE = {};

function DataArrival(user, data)

VidFamne

Why is it compiled?

((UKSN))shad_dow

1) runs faster

2) Stops anybody from a) ripping off the script as there own and b) stops ppl who aint a clue about LUA from missing it up and asking silly Q`s :)

yours

shad :D
creator of Therapy-X? bot

Sedulus

QuoteOriginally posted by ((UKSN))shad_dow
1) runs faster
QuoteFrom: http://www.lua.org/history.html
Besides faster loading, luac also allows off-line syntax checking and the protection of source code from user changes. However, pre-compiling does not imply faster execution because Lua chunks are always compiled into bytecodes before being executed -- luac simply allows those bytecodes to be saved in a file for later execution.

QuoteOriginally posted by ((UKSN))shad_dow
2) Stops anybody from a) ripping off the script as there own and b) stops ppl who aint a clue about LUA from missing it up and asking silly Q`s :)
and c) hurts this community because c1) no one gets to review your code for flaws and c2) no one can learn from your clever/elegant code.

[NL]Pur

@ ((UKSN))shad_dow

did you ever asked yourself the question what the purpose is of this forum? If not, look at the forum sections, and you may find the answer.

After asking and answering that question for yourself,
do you still think we want compiled scripts?

/ pur

((UKSN))shad_dow

lo all

@ [NL]Pur

yea thats why most scripters , do 1 copy compiled and another uncompiled , if ask for it (nicely) u get it uncompiled ,but other wise no its relase compiled ..

mm lets tahe some big bog scripts in to account

but since this is mutors thered , this aint the time or the post to discuse wheter compiling is right or worng..

as for me , i realse to the public conpiled , if a somebody wonts it uncompiled then pm me , that i knowwhos is running uncompiled version and who is ripping of my work as there own

yours shad

PS , Big Sorry to Mutor :) keep up good work m8 , PS , il pm ya soon too , wont to knowif i can have a look at your bots code :)
creator of Therapy-X? bot

VERMiN

I started to write a customized script for some friends and in time the script grow bigger and all the sudden people started to ask for the script for their own hubs and so I thought what the heck...

So here is my script originally written for the hub leechers paradize.

It's mainly a security script. Share, Slots, Hubs, [ISP] etc can be adjusted for certain IP-ranges or Tags/ISP...
You can build a ip-database for all your [ispnames] to make sure people don't lie about their connections...

It also features a very fast IP-scanning routine to use with PeerGuardian's database...

Loads of more features are built-in...d/l and check for yourselfs...
The damned creator of [-MORBID-].  \" A damn fine security script \" [/COLOR]

HOMEPAGE

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk