Errors compiling LUA under Borland C++ 6 Compile? Need help

Errors compiling LUA under Borland C++ 6 Compile? Need help

Started by ????L?F??, 28 April, 2004, 15:51:14

Previous topic - Next topic

????L?F??

I'm trying to set up LUA scripts in my hub soft, so I made a new project just so I understand how to do it, without rendering my hubsoft useless by f***ing it up.

So with this new project I put all the .h and .c files into one folder(to make it easier) and use...
extern "C"{
#include "lua-5.0.2\lua.h"
#include "lua-5.0.2\lualib.h"
}

... to include the files needed to use LUA

now that I have done that, I tested to see if it would build. It does sucessfully

So then I try to just get it to run a simple peice of code a user puts in like so...

void __fastcall TMainForm::Button1Click(TObject *Sender)
{
lua_State * L;
const char * str;
str = Code->Lines->Text.c_str();
lua_dostring(L, str);
}

And i get this error when trying to build...

[Linker Error] Unresolved external '_lua_dostring' referenced from C:\PROGRAM FILES\BORLAND\CBUILDER6\PROJECTS\LUA TEST\MAIN.OBJ

?(

Ok so I thought this function was dodgy, so I tryed others ones aswel like lua_dobuffer(); I get the same errors? all the time, when ever I try to use a function.

Same with the wrapper I use OR_LUA

Any ideas?

PS: Did i put this thread in the right place? I wasn't too sure  :))

Whos ya daddy  :]

NotRabidWombat

You have to include the lua source either as:
1) An additional library that statically links (often done by adding another project)
2) An additional library that dynamically links (compile lua into a dll and get the .lib)

-NotRabidWombat

I like childish behavior. Maybe this post will be deleted next.

????L?F??

Humm I have done that, but i still get the damn errror.  Maby I'm not doing it right?
Whos ya daddy  :]

NotRabidWombat

Well, which method have you chosen.

I typically use Visual Studio, so I'm not sure how you would include a library to a project. In VS, this information is in the project settings/preferences under linking.

If you are doing it properly, there should a be lua.lib somewhere in the build area.

-NotRabidWombat

[NL]Pur

what happens if you put the .h files in the same directory as the rest of your project ?

NotRabidWombat

That's irrelevant. He would have compiling (missing included header) errors if the header file could not be found. As the first post says, he's getting linking errors.

-NotRabidWombat

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk