Run BirthdayMan script on Voltron server (Lua 5.02)

News:

29 December 2022 - PtokaX 0.5.3.0 (20th anniversary edition) released...
11 April 2017 - PtokaX 0.5.2.2 released...
8 April 2015 Anti child and anti pedo pr0n scripts are not allowed anymore on this board!
28 September 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.1 for Windows 10 IoT released...
3 September 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.1 released...
16 August 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.0 released...
1 August 2015 - Crowdfunding for ADC protocol support in PtokaX ended. Clearly nobody want ADC support...
30 June 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.1.0 released...
30 April 2015 Crowdfunding for ADC protocol support in PtokaX
26 April 2015 New support hub!
20 February 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.0.3 released...
13 April 2014 - PtokaX 0.5.0.2 released...
23 March 2014 - PtokaX testing version 0.5.0.1 build 454 is available.
04 March 2014 - PtokaX.org sites were temporary down because of DDOS attacks and issues with hosting service provider.

Main Menu

Run BirthdayMan script on Voltron server (Lua 5.02)

Started by Walazo, 08 April, 2006, 19:00:21

Previous topic - Next topic

Walazo

Hi everybody,
Can anyone help me to run BirthdayMan script on Voltron server. I have use script version from http://forum.ptokax.org/index.php?topic=5863.0. no errors on server start. I tested others scriptes in Lua 5.0X to see but without success.  No command functions except the commands of Voltron.  If somebody has an idea, I would  :).  Thank you.

Typhoon

it's moved ...
and i also removed the other identical post..

Walazo : please continue it in this section since it is kind of offtopic compared to this board ..

Typhoon?

Walazo

Hi Mutor, Hi Typhoon?,

Thanks for your responses and sorry about this topic not placed in to an appropriate section.
Ok Mutor, I will try to find and give you necessary infos.

jiten

Walazo

Hi jiten
Thanks for your contribution. You can find all need to run Volton Server and scripts in this link : http://jugurthax.free.fr/MppsVoltronServer/

Markitos

Walazo

Voltron Server is a good server with many options. Look at http://www.mpps-web.com/mambo/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=13&Itemid=2 to view screenshots. All users with admin role can manage the hub. Ptokax is a good one server but voltron can run on Linux, Win and Mac OS.

bastya_elvtars

Quote from: Walazo on 09 April, 2006, 13:29:59
Voltron Server is a good server with many options. Look at http://www.mpps-web.com/mambo/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=13&Itemid=2 to view screenshots. All users with admin role can manage the hub. Ptokax is a good one server but voltron can run on Linux, Win and Mac OS.

Good, good, but seems undocumented. I think everything is as worthwile as its documentation is.
BTW not every piece of software is good just because of being multiplatform - and not Voltron is that's multiplatform but MPPS - Voltron is just a (otherwise fine) extension to it.

QuoteIt can be run in any OS environment like :
- Windows
- Linux
- Mac

Is this *any*? Where is *BSD, which is the best platform for a server?
As the soft is closed-source, no hope for a *BSD version unless the author wants to make one.
Everything could have been anything else and it would have just as much meaning.

Typhoon

Quote from: Walazo on 09 April, 2006, 13:29:59

it is actually possible to run PtokaX in VmWare under linux... vmware emulates a windows drive where you can install a win version and under that run PtokaX .. and evenmore windows should be more stable when running "on" a linux distro.. i tested it a while back and it worked quite good..

Typhoon?

Walazo

Ok. Yes, Voltron is just a extension of multiplatform MPPS.
If you have another server like voltron that support Lua language (under linux) I am interested. But i need to run BirthdayMan script and need capability management with other admin.

Thanks to all :)

bastya_elvtars

Quote from: Mutor on 09 April, 2006, 17:47:26
Quote from: bastya_elvtars on 09 April, 2006, 16:36:17
As the soft is closed-source, no hope for a *BSD version unless the author wants to make one.

Well thats where it matches PtokaX exactly   :P

You keep forgetting that the current development is done by another person who did not know the whole code before. Though PXLUA is opensource, and AFAIK it's a question of time for PX to follow (PPK also develops an opensource project: CZDC++.)
Moreover, can you see 'multiplatform' being mentioned together with PtokaX? :)
Everything could have been anything else and it would have just as much meaning.

Psycho_Chihuahua

Well i got PtokaX running on Ubuntu (linux) a couple of months ago ;) would still have it there if i hadn't gotten rid of my server
PtokaxWiki ?PtokaX Mirror + latest Libs

01100001011011000111001101101111001000000110101101101110011011110111011101101110001000000110000101110011001000000101010001101111011010110110111101101100011011110111001101101000

jiten

Quote from: Walazo on 08 April, 2006, 19:00:21
Hi everybody,
Can anyone help me to run BirthdayMan script on Voltron server. I have use script version from http://forum.ptokax.org/index.php?topic=5863.0. no errors on server start. I tested others scriptes in Lua 5.0X to see but without success.? No command functions except the commands of Voltron.? If somebody has an idea, I would? :).? Thank you.

Do you want it urgently? If yes, I'll post cenobyte's version with the necessary API changes later today, but, with a lot of things to be modded.

I'm asking this because, will release a new and rewritten version of this bot for PX, and at the same time, for Voltron.

Walazo

Hi jiten,

It's not urgently, but i will appreciate if you can make same script.  All the members and other owner's hub will be happy to have this. Thanks a lot.

jiten

Quote from: Walazo on 10 April, 2006, 17:28:02
Hi jiten,

It's not urgently, but i will appreciate if you can make same script.? All the members and other owner's hub will be happy to have this. Thanks a lot.

Ok then. Will try to get some spare time to finish it (in a week or so).

jiten

I will be posting the MPPS/Voltron version of Birthday Main v.4.0 later today ;)

jiten

You can find the code attached to this post. Have fun!

Walazo

Hi jiten,

-{The script is gooooooooood}-

Thanks a lot and I am very very :) .? The script functions under the Voltron server :).? All the functions run except remove date and not display message "happy birthday" for the operators or admin. Ok, now we can use it in the Build server. Thanks again.

msg from JBigwood2> merciiiiiiiiiiiiiii jiten  ;) :)

jiten

Quote from: Walazo on 12 April, 2006, 20:22:05
All the functions run except remove date and not display message "happy birthday" for the operators or admin.

Can you tell me more about these reports? So, that I can look into them.
By the way, I'm glad you like it :)

Walazo

Can you tell me more about these reports? So, that I can look into them.

Hi jiten  :)
There's a reports about BirthdayMan script for voltron server (see attached file). Thanks again for your contribution.
@+++  ;)

jiten

Quote from: Walazo on 13 April, 2006, 20:03:42
2) !delbirthday 19/05/1970
<B-Day> *** Error: 19/05/1970's Birthday hasn't been added to the DB yet!

You should delete by user's nick. Example: !delbirthday Walazo

And regarding the other reports, I'll fix them as soon as possible.

Best regards

Walazo

Hi jiten
QuoteAnd regarding the other reports, I'll fix them as soon as possible
Ok? 8) ;)

QuoteYou should delete by user's nick. Example: !delbirthday Walazo

the command !delbirthday Userxxx (for example) don't work :
<B-Day> *** Error: Userxxx's Birthday hasn't been added to the DB yet!

jiten

Quote from: Walazo on 13 April, 2006, 21:25:25
the command !delbirthday Userxxx (for example) don't work :
<B-Day> *** Error: Userxxx's Birthday hasn't been added to the DB yet!

This message will only appear if Userxxx hasn't added his birthday to Birthday Man's DB.

As you can see, It works fine here:

<jiten> !mybirthday 25/07/1983
<B-Day> *** jiten's Birthday is on Jul 25, 1983! I didn't know jiten was a Leo!
<B-Day> *** New Birthday added by scorpio on: jiten 25/07/1983
<jiten> !delbirthday jiten
<B-Day> *** Success: jiten's Birthday was successfully deleted from the DB!

jiten

Here you go:

--[[ 

Birthday Man v.4.02 - LUA 5.0.2 by jiten for Voltron (4/14/2006)

Based on: BirthdayMan v 3.5 by Herodes and mods by C??o?y??

Recent Changelog:

Rewritten: Whole code;

Changed: Command structure to tables (Function, Permissions, RightClick and Ddescription);
	Changed: B-Day table structure to Julian values;
	Removed: File content that was sent on B-Day;
	Removed: Allowed Age;
	Removed: Topic updater (maybe in the future);
	Changed: Whole B-Day counting system to os.*;
	Changed: Many other mods that can't recall at the moment (4/12/2006);
	Added: addbirthday command - requested by TT (4/13/2006);
	Fixed: Zodiac Sign Dates - thanks to Walazo;
	Changed: Error message on empty !bornon result - thanks to Walazo;
	Changed: !birthdays' content structure to fix bad tabbing;
	Fixed: OnConnect Birthday and RightClick - thanks to Walazo (4/14/2006)

]]--

Walazo

Thanks a lot. The new version was tested. It's ok but still errors.

In the first run script :
Quote<Voltron> *** Restarting Scripts
- [19:20] <ERROR> Lua error : voltron.lua:1983 : scripts/BirthdayMan.v4.02.lua:31: malformed number near `4.02'

iVer = 4.02 added "" to variable ==> iVer = "4.02"
Script run now

See attached file for others errors.

Best regards

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk