send rightclicks on join

News:

29 December 2022 - PtokaX 0.5.3.0 (20th anniversary edition) released...
11 April 2017 - PtokaX 0.5.2.2 released...
8 April 2015 Anti child and anti pedo pr0n scripts are not allowed anymore on this board!
28 September 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.1 for Windows 10 IoT released...
3 September 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.1 released...
16 August 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.0 released...
1 August 2015 - Crowdfunding for ADC protocol support in PtokaX ended. Clearly nobody want ADC support...
30 June 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.1.0 released...
30 April 2015 Crowdfunding for ADC protocol support in PtokaX
26 April 2015 New support hub!
20 February 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.0.3 released...
13 April 2014 - PtokaX 0.5.0.2 released...
23 March 2014 - PtokaX testing version 0.5.0.1 build 454 is available.
04 March 2014 - PtokaX.org sites were temporary down because of DDOS attacks and issues with hosting service provider.

Main Menu

send rightclicks on join

Started by veratyr, 12 February, 2009, 07:41:04

Previous topic - Next topic

veratyr

My operators are really pestering me about this one.  We recently upgraded from ptokax 0.3.x with robocop to ptokax 0.4.1.1 with dixbot.

First they were annoyed (and myself included) that we had to right click and do "get all cmds", but now that option has magically disappeared from the list.

Is there any way that we can just have the rightclicks sent to the ops upon joining?

Snooze

Sadly no. The massive amount of rightclicks sent is more than the current limit of sendbuffer in PtokaX. Thats why I had to remove the Get All.
To help Operators+ I have added a "Get All Security cmd" and "Get All HubConfig cmd".

Sorry..
Snooze

veratyr

well there is something for the suggestion box for 0.4.1.2, a larger buffer.  maybe add a "get all security" "get all hub config" and "get all others" where "get all" used to be?  i dunno.  should really put some pressure on the ptokax devs to raise the buffer limit, thats really holding the software back.

CrazyGuy

I have to disagree. DC++ clients also have a tendency of being thrown from a hub when receiving too much data at once.
I for example cannot join Mutors dev hub because a connection reset occurs while receiving all the UserCommand strings. Increasing the send buffer on PtokaX does not solve this as it is a client problem.
Besides that is the number of scripts that really have that amount of UserCommands to send very small. (2-3 scripts maybe ?). Increasing the PtokaX send buffer size would increase memory usage which most hubowners don't need. Also, more UserCommands will also increase memory usage on the client-side. "Get"-groups with a couple of most used commands send by default is my preference.

That said, it may be a feature idea to add a max of 25 (or even 50) UserCommands to an "Always send" group through DixBot Manager so the hubowner can choose a set of commands he wants available on login.
For those rarely used commands I don't think it's too much to ask from an Operator to do 2 simple mouse-clicks. If he gets annoyed by that, I dare to bet he's not doing much OP work either.

PPK

PtokaX don't need larger buffer, actual one handle every dc data and have enough free space for reasonable amount of data from scripts.
"Most of you are familiar with the virtues of a programmer. There are three, of course: laziness, impatience, and hubris." - Larry Wall

Hades

How about get rclick game commands sent on join to unregged users?
Most of  ppl on dc have no idea what r click is so they r even more confused  when they have to actually r.click and then click again to get trivia -games commands

Justa idea

zebedeeboss

Hi,

Can you not auto send just the Op Command on join if profile is op or above. This might at least lesson some of the complaints ??

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk