Send rightclicks on join

News:

29 December 2022 - PtokaX 0.5.3.0 (20th anniversary edition) released...
11 April 2017 - PtokaX 0.5.2.2 released...
8 April 2015 Anti child and anti pedo pr0n scripts are not allowed anymore on this board!
28 September 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.1 for Windows 10 IoT released...
3 September 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.1 released...
16 August 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.0 released...
1 August 2015 - Crowdfunding for ADC protocol support in PtokaX ended. Clearly nobody want ADC support...
30 June 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.1.0 released...
30 April 2015 Crowdfunding for ADC protocol support in PtokaX
26 April 2015 New support hub!
20 February 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.0.3 released...
13 April 2014 - PtokaX 0.5.0.2 released...
23 March 2014 - PtokaX testing version 0.5.0.1 build 454 is available.
04 March 2014 - PtokaX.org sites were temporary down because of DDOS attacks and issues with hosting service provider.

Main Menu

Send rightclicks on join

Started by pR0Ps, 26 April, 2010, 20:53:17

Previous topic - Next topic

pR0Ps

Now, before I even launch into this post, let me make one thing clear. I'm not an idiot, and I'm not looking for people to troll me with ridiculous negative comments. I'm looking for some ideas/workarounds.

I'm trying to find out if there is any way to get the hub to tell a user to send commands. That way, instead of sending all the right click commands at once, you could send them one at a time with a small delay in between and not overflow the buffer. This could also be useful in other instances with other commands.

I don't need a working script or anything I just need to know if and how the hub could tell the user to request the command. An example would behave the hub make the user say "!getmcmd Hub Config" or equivalent.

There was a post called "On Connect Cmds" (http://forum.ptokax.org/index.php?topic=5946.0), but it's for an older API and doesn't work (the translation doesn't work either, the functionality seems to have been removed with the upgrades) with the current version (which is what i'm running).

Any help would be much appreciated as this is quite an annoyance for users and OPs alike. I myself prefer text commands, but the right-click menu is good for noobs and it kind of defeats the purpose if its not already in place and you have to do something special (which noobs won't know how to do) to get the commands you want.

pR0Ps

bastya_elvtars

No offense meant, just split your post because it does not directly belong to the topic you have posted it to.

Quote from: pR0Ps on 26 April, 2010, 20:53:17
Now, before I even launch into this post, let me make one thing clear. I'm not an idiot, and I'm not looking for people to troll me with ridiculous negative comments. I'm looking for some ideas/workarounds.

This is not the [you know which group of people]. :)

Quote from: pR0Ps on 26 April, 2010, 20:53:17I'm trying to find out if there is any way to get the hub to tell a user to send commands. That way, instead of sending all the right click commands at once, you could send them one at a time with a small delay in between and not overflow the buffer. This could also be useful in other instances with other commands.

This is possible to send out in chunks. I am not that big NMDC guru but nothing prevents one from sending rightclick data in say 2-command chunks. The commands obviously need to be complete.
This can be done with a timer and coroutines.

Quote from: pR0Ps on 26 April, 2010, 20:53:17I don't need a working script or anything I just need to know if and how the hub could tell the user to request the command. An example would behave the hub make the user say "!getmcmd Hub Config" or equivalent.

There was a post called "On Connect Cmds" (http://forum.ptokax.org/index.php?topic=5946.0), but it's for an older API and doesn't work (the translation doesn't work either, the functionality seems to have been removed with the upgrades) with the current version (which is what i'm running).

This is complicated for rightclicks and can be done hubside.

Quote from: pR0Ps on 26 April, 2010, 20:53:17Any help would be much appreciated as this is quite an annoyance for users and OPs alike. I myself prefer text commands, but the right-click menu is good for noobs and it kind of defeats the purpose if its not already in place and you have to do something special (which noobs won't know how to do) to get the commands you want.

pR0Ps

For me it's unclear whether you script it for yourself but if it is not really urgent then I can help you with this because this would be a coding experiment that I am interested in. ;)
Everything could have been anything else and it would have just as much meaning.

pR0Ps

bastya_elvtars:
This is complicated for rightclicks and can be done hubside.
So it can be done? How would I go about doing it? Or did you mean can't?

Mutor: I actually don't know much about the read buffer and all that jazz, I was just going off Snooze's post where he explains that the reason he wont let the users get all the right click options at once is because it would overflow the buffer. Plus, asking a lot of inexperienced users to go mess around in the advanced (ooooh) options is asking a lot of them. Some of them have trouble just downloading Apex lol

PS. No offense meant with telling you guys I'm not an idiot, I've just had too many occurrences of me posting a question and people responding with "why would you want to do that?" or "why aren't you doing this instead?" or other useless posts.

bastya_elvtars

Quote from: pR0Ps on 26 April, 2010, 22:03:21
bastya_elvtars:So it can be done? How would I go about doing it? Or did you mean can't?

The script you posted is clientside and sends commands to certain hubs when connecting to them. If you would like to rape the hub so you send an automated command and the hub then sends back the right click... up to you. However, it's easier to make the hub send the right click in chunks (e. g. amount of data divided by default buffer size) by default. However, we need to know what we are about to send. :)
Everything could have been anything else and it would have just as much meaning.

pR0Ps

Mutor: While I generally agree with teaching people things instead of spoon feeding them the answer, in this case, most people wouldn't get it at all and would give up on DC++ entirely. In this case it isnt really a big deal to just split up the sending of menus instead of sending them all at once.
QuoteThe more common way to accomplish your goal is to send a few simple
user commands that actually request the extended menus.
This is what I'm trying to do. I'm trying to set it up so on entrance, the commands get sent automatically (in the "User/Reg/OPConnected(user)" function) when the user logs on. I'm not to worried about overflowing the buffer by getting them all at the same time, I'm fine with sending them all separately. Currently there is no way to send them all at once anyway (Snooze disabled it because of the buffer thing).

bastya_elvtars:
QuoteHowever, it's easier to make the hub send the right click in chunks (e. g. amount of data divided by default buffer size) by default. However, we need to know what we are about to send

This is what I am trying to accomplish; A hubside script that will give users the right click menu when they connect. I have the right clicks menus split up into small manageable chunks, I am just at a loss as to how to send them to the user. Ex. i have "!getcmd DiXBoT Config Cmd", "!getcmd Hub Statistics" etc. Am I on the right track here, or would I need to find out what the hub actually sends to the user when they use these commands and emulate that?

pR0Ps

Thanks Mutor :) A preliminary glance tells me it's exactly what I'm looking for.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk