Need script that downloads usershare xml on connect

Need script that downloads usershare xml on connect

Started by aian, 16 January, 2013, 10:08:29

Previous topic - Next topic

aian

Hi there!

I haven't found something like that while searching here...

So this is what i need: Whenever a client connects to the hub i want the hub to download the share-list from the client.
If possible it would be great to add a feature to download the xlm every - lets say hour - if the client stays connected that long.

My idea behind this is to create an offline browseable file-database.

Is this possible, or would it be easier to write a client plugin, that donwloads the xmls?

Thanks for your help,
greets,
aian

p.s. its kind of like this request, but would be great to have it server-side http://forum.ptokax.org/index.php?topic=7400#msg70782

the-master

usershare xml??  ???
non of my clients sends it... ::)
keep on sharing :)

ATAG

Download by hub is possible, i did it years ago. If you have 3-4 years old PM log from the admins hub, you can find it :D

aian

i mean - if one client A wants to see the usershares of another client B, client B sends a xml to client A.

what i want to get is: wheneber a client connects to the hub - the hub requests this xlm file from the client.

get what i mean? :)

PPK

This is work for client... hub can't get share over client to hub connection and create new connection by script is very bad idea ...
"Most of you are familiar with the virtues of a programmer. There are three, of course: laziness, impatience, and hubris." - Larry Wall

aian

okay thanks for the info! :)

maybe i will ask in the "bot" section for it.

the-master

Stupid idea anyway, users change, share changes, IP's change.. people listed this way could be offline for years..

aian

lol - nah its not a stupid idea, because this is a "private hub" with about 20 users.
and if you got an offline database to browse all the stuff the users got you can just msg them to turn the PC on ;)

the-master

Did you ever try release/request bot? work same way, only users update the bot.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk