Mean_Machine - Page 3

News:

29 December 2022 - PtokaX 0.5.3.0 (20th anniversary edition) released...
11 April 2017 - PtokaX 0.5.2.2 released...
8 April 2015 Anti child and anti pedo pr0n scripts are not allowed anymore on this board!
28 September 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.1 for Windows 10 IoT released...
3 September 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.1 released...
16 August 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.0 released...
1 August 2015 - Crowdfunding for ADC protocol support in PtokaX ended. Clearly nobody want ADC support...
30 June 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.1.0 released...
30 April 2015 Crowdfunding for ADC protocol support in PtokaX
26 April 2015 New support hub!
20 February 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.0.3 released...
13 April 2014 - PtokaX 0.5.0.2 released...
23 March 2014 - PtokaX testing version 0.5.0.1 build 454 is available.
04 March 2014 - PtokaX.org sites were temporary down because of DDOS attacks and issues with hosting service provider.

Main Menu

Mean_Machine

Started by Snowman, 12 October, 2003, 11:35:38

Previous topic - Next topic

Alexei

Time to download it then....
How about an option from hub-secure???
The one that doesnt allow you using a Search or downloading anything if you are not registred???
Even thou you MAY enter the hub...
Its quite a good thingy... :)

Snowman

Alexei:
Your request is noted :)

Snowman
\"The day Microsoft makes a product that doesn\'t suck, it will be a vacuumcleaner\"

Mean-Machine Homepage

Snowman

v1.10.19.2

Moved the test done by IPGuard to increase the speed of the script.

It used to do the IP test as the first thing on all new logins...
This has now been moved to AFTER the DC++/oDC/DCGui/Slots/Hubs etc. tests.

SHOULD make the script a lot faster :)

NOTE!!!
Translations for the following languages is up-to-date:
French
Swedish

Snowman
\"The day Microsoft makes a product that doesn\'t suck, it will be a vacuumcleaner\"

Mean-Machine Homepage

REBEL

I have a problem when i use this command
 !setads             Sets if words/partial lines should be allowed and what to do with the sender. 0=ads not blocked. 1-3=Blocked. Sender is: 1=Warned. 2=Kicked. 3=Banned.
you put the words in forbiden file, I set mine on warned.
then the users could not talk in pm or main board.
if they just said hello they get a warning for using words not allowed.
REBEL

Alexei

weird... never haid that problem... i use MM all the time... thats the 1st time i hear about that thing... ?(
Snowman? What did you do to the poor lil MM ???

Alexei

how about something like Ropocops !upgrade thingy???
you know, the one that promotes a user to higher rank... much easdier that change the name and enter a pass again....or maybe something like ::

!upgrade

where is optional, enter only if u want to change a name for that user(from [VIP]Mike -->[OP]Mike)...
i would LOVE that kind of command... and i think lots of ppl would love it... :D

Good luck...
P.S.: Almost done with russian translation...

Snowman

REBEL:
I must admit that the !setads is a problem at the moment... I can for some reason not recreate the problem you mention but I know that you are not the only one with that problem.
And I HATE it when I can't find the cause :(
I'd like to know what exactly is written in your forbiddenwords.txt file... Every Return :)
Maybe you could mail me that file.

Alexei:
I have noted your request but I don't know when exactly I can find time for the next update.
However... It WILL be one with everal new features :)

Snowman

Mean-Machine Homepage

xjr13sp

Hi,

I have installed mean machine for my ptokax server (very good script, snowman....) but I have a request.
Major part of my users whish to connect in with Black DC and/or NMDC.

As I requested it direct by mail to Snowman, bdc and nmdc are not scripted in mean machine. So they get a Disconnect when they try to enter.

In wait that snowman add this point in his script, is there somebody who has users which connect with these 2 clients?

* The really pb for me is that my Server was on FileShare (is somebody knows?) and FS is now down!! So I am back to DC Server!

** For information, I have translate the file "langage.dat" in French (for french's hubs). Jean-Jacques it's me  :D

Snowman

xjr13sp:
Regarding granting Black DC access.
I have a major problem that only the author of the program can fix.
PtokaX reads the client info from the $MYINFO line but Black DC reports its info on 3 lines and that is NOT supported by PtokaX.
I read, however, that the author has promised to correct this for the next version.
All we can do at the moment is to wait. Sorry.

Example:
Black DC reports this:
$ClientID BlkDC,1.0,A,1/0/0,3,69586424235,0|
$BlackDC Version 1.0 Release 4 (Build 969)|
$MyINFO $ALL xjr13sp Maitre Jedi.... le retour !!$ $DSL$$69586424235$|

It SHOULD look like this:
$MyINFO $ALL xjr13sp Maitre Jedi.... le retour !!

Snowman

Mean-Machine Homepage

xjr13sp

Thousand thanks for this reply.
I will contact the author of bdc and asking him if this correction will be soon!!

Thx a lot

** I suppose that about NMDC it's the same problem?!!

Snowman

xjr13sp:
NMDC is actually MUCH worse because it can fake its description.

Snowman

Mean-Machine Homepage

xjr13sp

Right, but I get disconnected when I connect with an NMDC....

So I have read long discussions between patczek and bkg2k and a new release of Ptokax will come in few days.... It seems that ptokax will have the possibiliy to "control" bdc!!

No0bie

Snowman,

Where do I edit Mean Machine so that all kicks and bans will be posted to everyone??

Seems that if it were sent as a message to all the users, it will deter users from attempting to disobey the hub rules if they see people being kicked & banned.

Snowman

xjr13sp:
I remember someone mention on the old board how to get in with NMDC but who it was and what was told beats me...

No0bie:
I can't change the way the standard commands from PtokaX behave.
However, the !kickban & !timeban can be changed as they are scripted.
I guess though, that it was the built-in commands you wanted to fire in public.
Problem is that DC++ and oDC users can force their clients to hide those kick and ban messages.

Snowman

Mean-Machine Homepage

xjr13sp

Hi,

I don't know what happens, but I can't connect on my server with ALL DC clients!!
I tried with nmdc and bdc, now I know that I can't connect with these 2 clients, but I cant connect too with DC++ (tried with 0.24 until 0.263)!!

I always get the messages:
Use a not modified DCGUI, or use this one without a speed limiter
You may download the latest DCGUI at http://dc.ketelhot.de/download.php
*** Disconnected

I think my dc++ client is set correctly and my server's settings are ok too!!

raz

lolz if u hub is f***ed download a new 1.

Snowman

xjr13sp:
I KNOW there has been problems when allowing DCGui in MM... It MAY block DC++/oDC then.
It seems like that problem is still there... Disallow DCGui and you can enter with DC++ again... I guess...
I'll have another look at that problem...

Snowman

Mean-Machine Homepage

No0bie

So no matter what, only the OPs will see the kicks & bans?? (OP's eyes only!!)

I was hoping I could edit the script so that it shows in Main chat to all... is this still possible?

xjr13sp

So... I modified mean_machine.lua and now I can connect with:
- dc++
- dcgui if allowed
- odc (i didn't touch)
- nmdc1 and black dc if I initialize a variable at 1

I can't connect with:
- dc++ if I don't respect all rules defined by snowman in script
- dcgui if not allowed
- odc (i didn't touch it)
- nmdc1 and bdc if my variable is at value 0

bye

MrZ

Hia:))

Notized that some scripts has problem with the description AND email adress, some sees it as advertising !!!

Just a hint :)

Z ya
Always remember that you are unique... just like everyone else :-D

Snowman

No0bie:
As Alexei wrote... It IS possible to make the script show kicks and bans. I can even take control of all built-in commands. It requires some checks to make it work without flaws though...

xjr13sp:
If you made it work with the clients then I'd REALLY like to get my hands on those pieces of script you added :)

MrZ:
I HAVE thought about that when people tells me about problems with the !noads command.

Snowman

Mean-Machine Homepage

Snowman

Just wanted to mention...
Beside my own page, you can also get my script at
THIS FORUM

Mean-Machine Homepage

No0bie

QuoteOriginally posted by Alexei
japp
possible
Just put SendToAll where its supposed to be

Tried that but doesn't work  :(

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk