Reverse DNS lookup

News:

29 December 2022 - PtokaX 0.5.3.0 (20th anniversary edition) released...
11 April 2017 - PtokaX 0.5.2.2 released...
8 April 2015 Anti child and anti pedo pr0n scripts are not allowed anymore on this board!
28 September 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.1 for Windows 10 IoT released...
3 September 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.1 released...
16 August 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.0 released...
1 August 2015 - Crowdfunding for ADC protocol support in PtokaX ended. Clearly nobody want ADC support...
30 June 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.1.0 released...
30 April 2015 Crowdfunding for ADC protocol support in PtokaX
26 April 2015 New support hub!
20 February 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.0.3 released...
13 April 2014 - PtokaX 0.5.0.2 released...
23 March 2014 - PtokaX testing version 0.5.0.1 build 454 is available.
04 March 2014 - PtokaX.org sites were temporary down because of DDOS attacks and issues with hosting service provider.

Main Menu

Reverse DNS lookup

Started by m4xx, 13 August, 2007, 19:59:07

Previous topic - Next topic

m4xx

i searched without luck, so is there or could you write a script that fetches a dns lookup from a site like say http://remote.12dt.com/lookup.php ? Shouldnt be too hard

bastya_elvtars

It would be easier with a socket lib.
Everything could have been anything else and it would have just as much meaning.

m4xx

Mardeg

This is essentially what my IPtoCountry snippet does, though it only grabs the country code at the end of the resolved ip as that's all it cares about.

http://forum.ptokax.org/index.php?topic=6105.0

The returned data from the followup dns whois database lookup (when the IP doesn't resolve) in the snippet could be adjusted to return the name of the ISP instead of just the country code it currently gets.

m4xx

Toast

Could this script made to work the otherway around aswell

to resolve address to ip also

Toast

Mind making a small update for me ? :)

bastya_elvtars

I was just thinking about this and it would even be better to use nslookup.exe for this (if one does not mind the cmd.exe popup).
Everything could have been anything else and it would have just as much meaning.

Toast

Quote from: bastya_elvtars on 02 December, 2007, 20:42:32
I was just thinking about this and it would even be better to use nslookup.exe for this (if one does not mind the cmd.exe popup).

true still i wouldnt mind a command in the ptokax since mutor already made it one ways i was simply wondering if it could be made to work the otherway around :D

Toast

well platform independent is always nice so if it could be made to rely on other dns lookup tools (web) or something else

bastya_elvtars

You know sometimes I like to discuss about the language itself, the different tricks and ways to accomplish a task. The "Can you do it so it sends in PM?" is boring after a while. :)

Toast

Well that can be the downside of scripting Users like myself come in day after day requesting stuff etc. and the thing one wonders is do they really use it of just request it just because well what i request i use especially client side scripts

Jusper

Can somebody convert this script to the new API? I've tried already but it doesn't work

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk