2 questions about

News:

29 December 2022 - PtokaX 0.5.3.0 (20th anniversary edition) released...
11 April 2017 - PtokaX 0.5.2.2 released...
8 April 2015 Anti child and anti pedo pr0n scripts are not allowed anymore on this board!
28 September 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.1 for Windows 10 IoT released...
3 September 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.1 released...
16 August 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.0 released...
1 August 2015 - Crowdfunding for ADC protocol support in PtokaX ended. Clearly nobody want ADC support...
30 June 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.1.0 released...
30 April 2015 Crowdfunding for ADC protocol support in PtokaX
26 April 2015 New support hub!
20 February 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.0.3 released...
13 April 2014 - PtokaX 0.5.0.2 released...
23 March 2014 - PtokaX testing version 0.5.0.1 build 454 is available.
04 March 2014 - PtokaX.org sites were temporary down because of DDOS attacks and issues with hosting service provider.

Main Menu

2 questions about

Started by Nwod, 23 August, 2005, 11:06:50

Previous topic - Next topic

Nwod

Hi all!

There is 2 troubles with PtokaX 0.3.3.21 for Windows XP/2K/NT i've got.

First one: hub does not allow user to log in when there is * in his nick, even when "check nick names" in PtokaX's settings is disabled. Hub just sends " Your nick contains illegal characters! Please correct it and get back again" and disconnects user. But previous versions of PtokaX allowed using *. Why does not 0.3.3.21?

And second one: hub disconnects client StrongDC++ RC10 every time i force it to refresh user-list by command in drop down menu. All other clients (DC++, oDC++, DCDM++) refresh user list without any problems. I watched commands in PtokaX's users/chat, but it is the same $GetNickList at any case. Is this bug in StrongDC?s protocol realization, and if so what exactly incorrect?

P.S. Sorry for my bad English.
DC admin and HUBBABOT\'s programmer from Russia.

bastya_elvtars

QuoteOriginally posted by Nwod
First one: hub does not allow user to log in when there is * in his nick, even when "check nick names" in PtokaX's settings is disabled. Hub just sends " Your nick contains illegal characters! Please correct it and get back again" and disconnects user. But previous versions of PtokaX allowed using *. Why does not 0.3.3.21?

You can not download the filelist of a user whose name contains such characters, this cannot even be switched off. Try to create a file in Windows with * or : in the file name. And, if you can not download filelist, then why should the user be in the hub at all?

And second one: hub disconnects client StrongDC++ RC10 every time i force it to refresh user-list by command in drop down menu. All other clients (DC++, oDC++, DCDM++) refresh user list without any problems. I watched commands in PtokaX's users/chat, but it is the same $GetNickList at any case. Is this bug in StrongDC?s protocol realization, and if so what exactly incorrect?

Play with Deflood/GetNickList settings, StrongDC seems to have some weird GetNickList bug that is considered as flood in PtokaX, I have also experienced this.
Everything could have been anything else and it would have just as much meaning.

PPK

And second one: hub disconnects client StrongDC++ RC10 every time i force it to refresh user-list by command in drop down menu.
1 ) Here is no reason to waste badwith with refreshing userlist.
2 ) StrongDC++ have Quicklist support and this support not allow userlist refresh.
"Most of you are familiar with the virtues of a programmer. There are three, of course: laziness, impatience, and hubris." - Larry Wall

Nwod

bastya_elvtars I've just checked - when i download list from * user all of * change to _ and there is no problem.

And Deflood/GetNickList is disabled at my hub.

PPK Did i understand you right: if a client supports Quicklist it should not allow user to refresh userlist? So StrongDC's author should disable this feature at all? But what to do if a hub does not have Quicklist support?

bastya_elvtars

bastya_elvtars I've just checked - when i download list from * user all of * change to _ and there is no problem.

Still it can cause problems... PPK had a good reason to disable it,
Everything could have been anything else and it would have just as much meaning.

PPK

when i download list from * user all of * change to _ and there is no problem.
Yes your client change it, but here is very much other clients...
if a client supports Quicklist it should not allow user to refresh userlist?
Yes, $GetNickList is allowed only once on login.
So StrongDC's author should disable this feature at all? But what to do if a hub does not have Quicklist support?
Is easy to check if hub support QuickList or not and allow or disallow refresh :))
"Most of you are familiar with the virtues of a programmer. There are three, of course: laziness, impatience, and hubris." - Larry Wall

Nwod

QuoteYes, $GetNickList is allowed only once on login.
StrongDC's author fixed this, thanks!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk