Chatrooms v3 (tezlo) LUA 5 - Page 6

News:

29 December 2022 - PtokaX 0.5.3.0 (20th anniversary edition) released...
11 April 2017 - PtokaX 0.5.2.2 released...
8 April 2015 Anti child and anti pedo pr0n scripts are not allowed anymore on this board!
28 September 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.1 for Windows 10 IoT released...
3 September 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.1 released...
16 August 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.0 released...
1 August 2015 - Crowdfunding for ADC protocol support in PtokaX ended. Clearly nobody want ADC support...
30 June 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.1.0 released...
30 April 2015 Crowdfunding for ADC protocol support in PtokaX
26 April 2015 New support hub!
20 February 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.0.3 released...
13 April 2014 - PtokaX 0.5.0.2 released...
23 March 2014 - PtokaX testing version 0.5.0.1 build 454 is available.
04 March 2014 - PtokaX.org sites were temporary down because of DDOS attacks and issues with hosting service provider.

Main Menu

Chatrooms v3 (tezlo) LUA 5

Started by jiten, 02 March, 2005, 19:58:55

Previous topic - Next topic

Dessamator

QuoteOriginally posted by Rick
Is there any way to
Run the commands from the command line? (Invite etc)
and
Any way to invite all into a chatroom?

We set up special chatrooms for holidays and birthdays etc and setting to autojoin is a great feature but it doesn affect the ones already logged in.

Thanks
Rick
Running from command line?, do you mean main chat?, if so well, its possible but more coding would have to be added, and the syntax would have to be, "!invite chatroom nick", personally i see no advantage of that.

"Inviting all", autologin should do that,  but u need to create the room without parameters, "!mkchat holidays&bdays".
Ignorance is Bliss.

Rick

We've been setting autologin with the right click menu and setting the chatroom to "public" as we create it
THat seems to work and I am assuming nothing changed in the most recent script to affect this

The scenario I was thinking of is we create a chatroom with auto login but there are a fair amount of people already logged in so that doesn't affect them nor does restarting the script

I would like to be able to create a chatroom and have all those already logged in be automatically put in the chatroom - not just when creating but even an existing chatroom  

This would be a great feature but we are very happy with what we have already!!! :D

Dessamator

Well that already happens, unless the room was created for a certain profile, if so only those in that profile will join the room automatically.
Is that what u mean?
Is your request a feature  to change/remove the room's profile and enable autologin for all?
Ignorance is Bliss.

Rick

Correct me if I am wrong but autologin for a chatroom set to "public" will automatically brin people into the room as they log into the hub

But if I create one now and you have been logged in for (say) a few hour already it will not log you in (not would I expect it to) !members will verify that they ARE coming in at logon but the already logged in need to be invited

I was looking for a way to bring all the ones not in the chatroom in. and "invite all, invite * etc that would bring everyone in. (and hopefully if there are 25 not in the room not put 25 "hellos" in the chatroom) :D

Another possibility would to have it work on multiple selected users (we are all on DC++) but I suspect that would open issues across the various clients

Call this a feature suggestion - we hare having great success with it as-is (and thanks again! 8)  )

Dessamator

Correct me if I am wrong but autologin for a chatroom set to "public" will automatically brin people into the room as they log into the hub
Nop, it doesnt work that way, if you set to "public" , the chat is sent to all in that profile, or all in the hub(depending on the settings), it has nothing to do with login or logout.

But if I create one now and you have been logged in for (say) a few hour already it will not log you in (not would I expect it to) !members will verify that they ARE coming in at logon but the already logged in need to be invited
Unless the users are "!away" or have left("!leave") it should send the info to whoever.

QuoteI was looking for a way to bring all the ones not in the chatroom in. and "invite all, invite * etc that would bring everyone in. (and hopefully if there are 25 not in the room not put 25 "hellos" in the chatroom) :D
It does that, unless you have created a room with a profile,
and havent enabled autologin, but it could be added to change a room from profile based(private room to public).
Lol, 25 hellos?, it sends 1 per user, maybe it shows that the user has been invited.

QuoteAnother possibility would to have it work on multiple selected users (we are all on DC++) but I suspect that would open issues across the various clients

Call this a feature suggestion - we hare having great success with it as-is (and thanks again! 8)  )

You mean on right click, or cmd based, or both?
Ignorance is Bliss.

Rick

I thought  "public" was created so all could join from any profile - that's the way it seems to be working

WHen we made it with no profile people were having trouble entering - but that was a couple of revisions ago

I just made a testchat with the latest script and no profile. I am the only one in it out of 19 logged in. I tried it with autologin both off and on

How would I invite these 19 people all at once?

Thanks

Rick

Dessamator

For now, you can only do it manually, maybe later I'll implement a command to do so.
Just so you know, public chat is created when you create a room without profiles, and autologin, is for the chatroom to send the "chat" to everyone in the hub or in that profile.

If nothing is typed in the chatroom nothing will be sent to the others, and a member is only added when he/she types in the room.

Hope that answers your questions.
Ignorance is Bliss.

Rick

QuoteHope that answers your questions.
I may be misunderstanding something
QuoteJust so you know, public chat is created when you create a room without profiles, and autologin, is for the chatroom to send the "chat" to everyone in the hub or in that profile.

If nothing is typed in the chatroom nothing will be sent to the others, and a member is only added when he/she types in the room.

I just created a chatroom with no profile and autologin set to ON. I sent a message and I am still the only one in there. I know if I invite them manually the WILL be in there and anyone that logins from now on will automatically be in the room (unless they leave etc)
I guess what we are looking for is a way to PUT people already logged in - into the chatroom with one command and not have to individually invite each one

QuoteFor now, you can only do it manually, maybe later I'll implement a command to do so.

Thanks! I'll say it again though - it isn't a major issue. I enjoy the discussion and will use the command if you get it created (and test it if you want to provide the code changes before releasing). All your work is appreciated

Dessamator

Well,I  see your point, your message is sent,and the other users receive it, but until they reply, they wont be added to the members list.

The prob with changing it, is imagine in big hubs, 1000 users in the list. that would cause a big list, what i can do is change the members list, if autojoin is on then it would send a msg "public chat", or "private chat for profile", instead of the normal message, as for inviting ill add it ASAP.
Ignorance is Bliss.

Rick

Dessamator - Thanks - we will test it for you but again don't rush - if it is a beautiful day where you are - go out and enjoy it  :-)

Dessamator

Dessamator - Thanks - we will test it for you but again don't rush - if it is a beautiful day where you are - go out and enjoy it  :-)

Thanks, I'll take my sweet time :)
Ignorance is Bliss.

Dessamator

Done . Updated members cmd, no invite added though.
Ignorance is Bliss.

jiten

First post updated with the latest Chatroom code before angers' board went offline.

jiten

First post updated with the 4c version (3/7/2006).

Best regards

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk