Development of a secret Project (LUA Based Program :D)

Development of a secret Project (LUA Based Program :D)

Started by Exile, 08 January, 2005, 01:31:59

Previous topic - Next topic

Exile

I am currently developing a program with a few suprises built into it :D can't go into much detail as my girlfriend thinks its boring :) all I want people to do is pick out main functions in typical LUA scripts i.e.

Function Main()

Function DataArrival()

etc... anything anyone uses frequently, u'll like the suprise, and it will be downloadable as soon as i think theres enough in it to release, no point releasing a half hearted effort :P

Any special requests that are reasonable will be taken into consideration and may be added into the project :D

Truly,

Exile

??????Hawk??????

hehehe

QuoteAny special requests that are reasonable will be taken into consideration and may be added into the project :D

How can we Request anything for something we know Nothing about  ?(  ?(  ?(  ?(  ?(

Quotecan't go into much detail as my girlfriend thinks its boring

LOL

enema

Exile, have you ever made lua script before?

Tw?sT?d-d?v

mmmm.........maybe if u give us some idea into what sort of script you are working on then we might be able to request somthing!!!!!!!

Herodes

whatever that secret thingie is It is surely gonna need a Timer function ... look at the Ptx api for details ;)

ooh and pls tell us the details ...

Ubikk

I personally dont think it will be such a wonderfull script... it will probably be just like the others...  :rolleyes:

Herodes

Wrong reply ;)

He is talking about a LUA based program .. not a script ..

anyhow .. I dont know how you feel so comfortable discouraging ppl when you arent doing anything ..

Exile

I am not actually a LUA programmer myself. I am working on a LUA editor which should help LUA scripters when making Ptokax bots. All I need is a list of functions that are frequently used in Hub Bots such as...

function Main()

function DataArrival()

Etc...

Exile

Basically this program I am developing will cut down the time you spend typng scripts by quite a lot  8) I know I dont enjoy typing and there are a lot of other people that feel the same way :D

??????Hawk??????

hi m8  

you might want to take a look   HERE

:))

LiqUiD~TrolL

hmm i think it s great stuff , but is this gonna help a newbie in start fixing lua easyer??
________<>________

-=@_ psydream-land.no-ip.org _@=-

http://www.psychedelicdreams.bravehost.com

NightLitch

So basiclly this is an atempt to build a stand-alone lua-program where you "customize" your own bot ???

With your functions ?

Am I right ???

/NL
//NL

piglja

If this will be done - I will say - great job;)
Nice, Pink Piglet:))
:))  (I am a newbie here, so, plz be kind and soft to me ) :))  
And be carefull, I am haywire  :rolleyes:

??????Hawk??????

sounds  like a great idea ..  especially if it will support the Lua 5   functions.. :))

Exile

My project is a LUA editor, which has functions which has buttons which inserts predefined text, which makes typing scripts take less time...thats basically it

kepp

Multi Document Interface?
Coloring?
Guarding    

Exile

what sort of colouring? I have added a basic colour changing utility, black on white or white on black, my preference being the later as I find it easier to read white on black.

Multi document, u mean working on 2 documments at the same itme?

so like running 2 notepads?

Herodes

Check out SciTe, EditPlus, EmEditor, and many more other editors be4 you continue ... decide your route and define milestones ( major points of development ) in your project based on features of other editors you encouter and features that come up ...

SciTe also supports lua scripting amonsgt other thingies if I am not mistaken .. it is also open source ..

[*edit*] links to visit
Lua Users Wiki list of Editors ...

filtered ...
    [*]Zeus Editor
    [*]Scintzilla
    [*]VIM
    [/list]

NightLitch

Ehmm... Your project sounds like my allready finished wxLua editor for Lua 4, Lua 5, PtokaX and bcdc++ programming. but it is still in beta stage until I have finished some things.

Now typhoon with others you understand why I want to be able to compile my wxLua into an func. .EXE

But Exile don't make my talk out stop you from doing your work, love to see it. Just as herodes said, check out the coloring for functions, comments, commands etc.

Cheers // NL
    //NL

Exile

I didn't actually know any of those editors existed Herodes, lol. I think I'm just going to keep this a personal project for a while, as the ones you have mentioned are a lot more advanced than the one I have started developing is...I will release when I think theres enough in it but atm its only basic. Theres a drop down box that has the main functions used in Ptokax bots i.e

function Main()
    frmHub:RegBot(Botname)
    function NewUserConnected(user)
    etc...etc

when these are clicked, they automatically appear in the script that is being written, I've bin using it myself and I can verify that it shortens the time spent typing quite a lot :D, still don't think it's anywhere near ready even for a Beta release but it's moving on swiftly, I'm going to set this project aside for a while and get some more inspiration and ideas...for now I am working on Evil-Eye, my first full blown Ptokax hub bot, isn't going oto well atm as I only started learning LUA 2 days ago and haven't really got that far :| I'll post with problems for sure :P c ya around

Truly,

Exile

bastya_elvtars

make a toolbar with pop-up windows that get the variable.

for instance:

i click "Reg a bot"

then a window comes up, asking for botname, i enter "Johnny" or BotName

and it puts to cursor position:

frmHub:RegBot(BotName) or frmHub:RegBot("Johnny")
    Everything could have been anything else and it would have just as much meaning.

Exile

was working on that, i managed to add it to the

function OpConnected() button making the () into anything you wanted i.e. (user) or (op)

working on the others now ;) nice idea :)

Truly,

Exile

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk