Some help with PtokaX running on Suse Linux

News:

29 December 2022 - PtokaX 0.5.3.0 (20th anniversary edition) released...
11 April 2017 - PtokaX 0.5.2.2 released...
8 April 2015 Anti child and anti pedo pr0n scripts are not allowed anymore on this board!
28 September 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.1 for Windows 10 IoT released...
3 September 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.1 released...
16 August 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.0 released...
1 August 2015 - Crowdfunding for ADC protocol support in PtokaX ended. Clearly nobody want ADC support...
30 June 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.1.0 released...
30 April 2015 Crowdfunding for ADC protocol support in PtokaX
26 April 2015 New support hub!
20 February 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.0.3 released...
13 April 2014 - PtokaX 0.5.0.2 released...
23 March 2014 - PtokaX testing version 0.5.0.1 build 454 is available.
04 March 2014 - PtokaX.org sites were temporary down because of DDOS attacks and issues with hosting service provider.

Main Menu

Some help with PtokaX running on Suse Linux

Started by XPMAN, 29 February, 2004, 06:58:29

Previous topic - Next topic

XPMAN

Ok ,seems to half way work. Just don't know if it is possible to get it to work well. I have been extensivly testing the PtokaX running on Suse Linux 9.0 Pro, with the Wine Rack installed also. I bring up  "crossover" and load the PtokaX and it loads fine, the interface comes up no problem, after approx 8-10 secs it crashes with an exception proccessor check error. I may be wrong but it might have something to do with the Library files the PtokaX needs to run. Suse Linux creates a fake "windows" folder to put all files that the windows progies that you run depend on. Since the interface comes up, everything looks normal........i was wondering if anyone else has figured out how to get PtokaX to see the files once they are in the fake "windows" folder. I tried manually putting them their in the system32 folder but the hub software just does not see it. Dunno if that is what is causing the error or not though. I have been dieing to switch to linux for some time now, and now with Suse Linux there is a way to have the best of both worlds ;)  . There are already pre-configured appz like Office 2003 and some games and stuff so u would think that there would be a way to get the hub software to work also. I know before it was impossible to even consider getting PtokaX to work in Linux........so no one please laugh as it is now looking like most of the popular windows progies, including Microsoft Internet Explorer can now be used in Suse Linux.  

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated as i know Windows very well and do not know Linux on an indepth level.

For those of you that want info about Suse Linux go here:  http://www.suse.de/en/private/products/suse_linux/index.html

Thnx in advance,

BlazeXxX

Hi there,
I had ptokax working fine on Redhat 9 linux with WineHQ. It doesn't support user statistics function, so make sure thats ticked off in advanced section.

The TD4 crashed after running for like 24hrs, but the IceCube was able to go over 48hrs. So not sure if it will do the same on yours. try IceCube IV version, as well as trying with different options.

Only error i had was something to do with socket error, but that was coming in wineHQ editor. that didn't have much affect on ptokax, so i didn't bother abt it.

If it still doesn't work for you, i can probably do a hunt in my linux box to see if i got something else there.

-BlazeXxX

XPMAN

Thnx for you help buddy, am to the point that if i cant get it to work in wine then i might just install VMware and run it thru there, windows is just to unstable for me. Linux is by far the most stable os around. Any further help would be appreciated ! !

Thnx again

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk