A PRE / DUPE BOT/SCRIPT

A PRE / DUPE BOT/SCRIPT

Started by onkel, 20 April, 2010, 19:05:48

Previous topic - Next topic

onkel

heyhey!!

is there a script who can pre/dupe releases from netpages/irc chanels?
so when new release are pred/released. its been anounced in main/private chat(optional)

doopes.com etc  or IRC

just a thought to get some info, maybe also a search function for this ?

or maybe a rss reader who reads from choosable RSS feed on the net and anounced when releases.etc

any one manages? or anyone know of any?be creative! srry for "bad " english:P

onkel

bastya_elvtars

FeedWatch is an RSS reader script. I have heard rumors about a DC/IRC gateway but frankly these web content fetching things should instead be handled by clientside scripts.
Everything could have been anything else and it would have just as much meaning.

onkel

i see, but the script i asked 4 at the top does not exist? 

I WIL THEN REQUEST ONE..LOL

10p for the scripter:)

CrazyGuy

Check the first word in Bastya's reply. It's a link to a RSS script which might do just that you are looking for.

onkel

bastya_elvtars

Everything could have been anything else and it would have just as much meaning.

lUk3f1l3w4lK3R

Feedwatch is an awesome script for RSS feeds but its not suitable for sites like doopes.com, orlydb or many other dupe check sites. Reason: These dupe check sites dont have an RSS feed.

Sites that could be used with Feedwatch:
- PreScene.com
- SceneForce.com
- Extreme Dupecheck (only for extremesport a.k.a. actionsports releases)

You can also get the information about pre'd releases directly from irc
but for this you first should check if its allowed to run a bot in the irc pre channel
(many channels dont allow other bots then the main channel bot/ release bot).
If its not allowed to run a bot in this channel then you shouldnt do cause it will get you
banned from the channel and/or irc server.
If its allowed to run a bot in the pre channel then you could use this:
MyIrcDcLinks
http://myircdclinks.sourceforge.net/

This hublink bot can connect different dc hubs and also it can connect between the hub and irc channel.
You can configure it that only things posted in irc gets announced on the hub.

You can also use:
http://dc-hublink.sourceforge.net/#
or
http://sourceforge.net/projects/hub-link/files/

I have tested these hublinks myself with the following hub/irc servers:
Hubsofts:
PtokaX, Eximius, Luadch, ADCH++
Irc server:
Freequest.net, Rizon.net

These 3 hublink projects still work but there is no activity (for a long time now) and therefore there probably wont be any updates available in the future (what a shame).

onkel i hope this info helps you a littlebit.

cheers
lUk3f1l3w4lK3R

P.S.: I also would like to see a hubsite script that let me search on sites like doopes.com or orlydb.org
(cause these are the best dupe check sites out there and the info i get on these sites fit my needs more then
the RSS feed information i can get with Feedwatch from sites like PreScene or SceneForce).
I tried to make such a script (based on code from iMDB Search by Dumbdozygit - its a Eximius hub script)
but for the fact that i just started learning LUA coding, i must say that this project was to much.

Great would be a script that can search on doopes.com and/or OrlyDB and displays the search result in main and/or pm.
Also an option for how many search results should be displayed would be nice and it woudl be nice to have an option to search by category.

onkel

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk