Upload Limiter Blocker

News:

29 December 2022 - PtokaX 0.5.3.0 (20th anniversary edition) released...
11 April 2017 - PtokaX 0.5.2.2 released...
8 April 2015 Anti child and anti pedo pr0n scripts are not allowed anymore on this board!
28 September 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.1 for Windows 10 IoT released...
3 September 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.1 released...
16 August 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.0 released...
1 August 2015 - Crowdfunding for ADC protocol support in PtokaX ended. Clearly nobody want ADC support...
30 June 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.1.0 released...
30 April 2015 Crowdfunding for ADC protocol support in PtokaX
26 April 2015 New support hub!
20 February 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.0.3 released...
13 April 2014 - PtokaX 0.5.0.2 released...
23 March 2014 - PtokaX testing version 0.5.0.1 build 454 is available.
04 March 2014 - PtokaX.org sites were temporary down because of DDOS attacks and issues with hosting service provider.

Main Menu

Upload Limiter Blocker

Started by Alexinno, 05 December, 2006, 14:02:09

Previous topic - Next topic

Alexinno

I need a script, if it's possible , that blocks users with NetLimiter or Clientside UploadLimiter enabled to enter on the hub.

thx!

Cêñoßy†ê

Quote from: Alexinno on 05 December, 2006, 14:02:09
I need a script, if it's possible , that blocks users with NetLimiter or Clientside UploadLimiter enabled to enter on the hub.

thx!

mayby something like this ??

NewUserConnected = function(user,data)
	if user.sMyInfoString then
		local s,e,name,desc,speed,email,share = string.find(user.sMyInfoString, "$MyINFO $ALL (%S+)%s+([^$]*)$ $([^$]*)$([^$]*)$([^$]+)")
		if string.find(speed,"NetLimiter") or not user.iBlimit == nil or not user.iLlimit == nil then
			user:SendData("Limited connections not allowed here")
			user:Disconnect()
		end
	end
end
Powered By Leviathan™ 2nd Generation v. 1.9

bastya_elvtars

May I ask why you are blocking such users?
Everything could have been anything else and it would have just as much meaning.

CrazyGuy

As given in pm b4, and basically a simplification of CenoByte's script

NewUserConnect = function(User)
     if User.iBlimit or User.iLlimit then User:Disconnect() end
end

Naithif

Seems like this one misses Netlimiter detection, which was also in the request  ::)

Stormbringer

Quote from: bastya_elvtars

Me too Bastya I ask me the same question, I will give one example of the stupidity of blocking script, for netlimiter and upload limiter clients,
Long time ago I was ban for upload limiter, which was set a 45 kb/s for an hour or so... Cause I have need bandwith for another appz...
I was proudly ban by an op... My upload is set to 45 kb/s and I'm ban, other users of the hub have 128k in upload so they upload at 16 kb/s max, the most funny is that they can stay on the hub and will be never ban... Looks amazing but it's true, you are ban from most of hubs cause one guy heard that the limiter are used by leechers, Me I have a better option just learn to use your brain you all guys who ban for soooooooooooooooooooooo stupid reasons, just learn to use yourt client and read the column used to detect the limiters if set too low then ban them, but ban all clients with limiter for 3 asshole who use this option I find this amazing and dramatic.

Alexinno

10q C??o?y?? for the script it works perfect

Quote from: bastya_elvtars on 05 December, 2006, 16:36:17
because i don't want users with 5,10,15 kb/s Upload Limit on my hub

Naithif

Why don't you use slots and hubs for the calculation?
This way if someone has too much slots for too little upload, that can be avoided

example:
hub/slot ratio is 1/1
1.) user has 16KB/sec upload, he can enter 3 hubs with 3 slots, and have 15KB limited upload, which helps a lot on DSL.

2.) if user has 32KB/sec upload, he can enter 6 hubs with 6 slots, with even limiting a little bit, like the previous one.

This sounds fair to me :D Double speed, double slots and hubs.
Also you can avoid 3 slots with 5KB/s and limiters like those...
(I've made KB/slots definable because not every hubowner agree me in this  ::))

HubBot = frmHub:GetHubBotName()

-- Minimum upload speed (in KB) / slots - note that you can always set the hub/slot ratio in your hubsoft, so fully define this to avoid over-limiters
MinKbPerSlot = 5

NewUserConnected = function(User,data)
	if User.sMyInfoString then
		local s,e,name,desc,speed,email,share = string.find(User.sMyInfoString, "$MyINFO $ALL (%S+)%s+([^$]*)$ $([^$]*)$([^$]*)$([^$]+)")
		if string.find(speed,"NetLimiter") then
			User:SendData(HubBot, "Netlimiter is not allowed here")
			User:Disconnect()
		end
	end
	if User.iBlimit ~= 0 then
		if User.iBlimit < (MinKbPerSlot * User.iSlots) then
			User:SendData(HubBot, "The minimum upload per slot is "..MinKbPerSlot.."KB/s here. You have "..User.iSlots.." slots and "..User.iBlimit.."KB/s upload.")
		end
	end
	if User.iLlimit ~= 0 then
		if User.iLlimit < (MinKbPerSlot * User.iSlots) then
			User:SendData(HubBot, "The minimum upload per slot is "..MinKbPerSlot.."KB/s here. You have "..User.iSlots.." slots and "..User.iLlimit.."KB/s upload.")
		end
	end

end

Against this script users could lower their slots, hub not with the hub/slot ratio ::)
Any advanced scripter - please report errors in this (as I've only tested it with BCDC++) ;D
The Netlimiter detection is from C??o?y?? 's - nice work  ::)

Naithif

Nice Mutor, thanks for the idea   :D
Only the function should be changed, or are there any other problems with it?

'til then here's the one
(added "Set your upload to minimum X" line)

--MAIN--

HubBot = frmHub:GetHubBotName()

-- Minimum upload speed (in KB) / slots - note that you can always set the hub/slot ratio in your hubsoft, so you can fully define this to avoid over-limiters
MinKbPerSlot = 5

function MyINFOArrival(User)
	if User.sMyInfoString then
		local s,e,name,desc,speed,email,share = string.find(User.sMyInfoString, "$MyINFO $ALL (%S+)%s+([^$]*)$ $([^$]*)$([^$]*)$([^$]+)")
		if string.find(speed,"NetLimiter") then
			User:SendData(HubBot, "\r\n\r\nNetlimiter is not allowed here\r\n")
		end
	end
	if User.iBlimit ~= 0 then
		if User.iBlimit < (MinKbPerSlot * User.iSlots) then
			User:SendData(HubBot, "\r\n\r\nThe minimum upload per slot is "..MinKbPerSlot.."KB/s here. You have "..User.iSlots.." slots and "..User.iBlimit.."KB/s upload.\r\nSet your upload to minimum "..(MinKbPerSlot * User.iSlots).."KB/s to stay on the hub!\r\n")
		end
	end
	if User.iLlimit ~= 0 then
		if User.iLlimit < (MinKbPerSlot * User.iSlots) then
			User:SendData(HubBot, "\r\n\r\nThe minimum upload per slot is "..MinKbPerSlot.."KB/s here. You have "..User.iSlots.." slots and "..User.iLlimit.."KB/s upload.\r\nSet your upload to minimum "..(MinKbPerSlot * User.iSlots).."KB/s to stay on the hub!\r\n")

end
	end

end

Pothead

So you block the people who are being honest with the limiting, and allow the people who hide it ?
Wonder who limits worse, the people who tell you about it, or the people who don't ?

Naithif

Most clients with no limit shown can as well take search respond off, or lock slots  :(

There's no way to filter those who has found a client like this (well, some of the common ones can be detected with op clients, but even older fake clients can go undetected on most hubs - if you're not lama)

Personally I don't agree disconnecting people with limiters as well, I just offered a solution to ease this instead of disconnecting everyone who uses limiter.

?[-?Genius?-]?

Hi

Its possible make a Imune list for this script.

Exemple, one firntd join in the hub but running one serve and need limit uploads to 10 kb but the script is config for 15.

If its possible make a comand. !addimune <nick> / !dellimune <>

Sory but i have another question.

Its possible change this?

Exemple: User are not disconectd but downsloads are bloked.

Sory about my bad inglish

[][][]s

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk