TopSeeder or Down-UploadRatio bot?

News:

29 December 2022 - PtokaX 0.5.3.0 (20th anniversary edition) released...
11 April 2017 - PtokaX 0.5.2.2 released...
8 April 2015 Anti child and anti pedo pr0n scripts are not allowed anymore on this board!
28 September 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.1 for Windows 10 IoT released...
3 September 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.1 released...
16 August 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.0 released...
1 August 2015 - Crowdfunding for ADC protocol support in PtokaX ended. Clearly nobody want ADC support...
30 June 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.1.0 released...
30 April 2015 Crowdfunding for ADC protocol support in PtokaX
26 April 2015 New support hub!
20 February 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.0.3 released...
13 April 2014 - PtokaX 0.5.0.2 released...
23 March 2014 - PtokaX testing version 0.5.0.1 build 454 is available.
04 March 2014 - PtokaX.org sites were temporary down because of DDOS attacks and issues with hosting service provider.

Main Menu

TopSeeder or Down-UploadRatio bot?

Started by iNFormaToni, 27 January, 2007, 18:00:57

Previous topic - Next topic

iNFormaToni

I am searching for a script that capture the down and uploads from the users and shows me how many GB a user have down and uploaded (a ratio of that would also be cool).
i want such a script for my private hub so i can check who is the top seeder on the hub and give these users invitation codes so they are able to invite other users.
Is there such a script out there or is someone of you guys able to script it?

peace

bastya_elvtars

This is not possible to do as the server knows nothing about d/u rates. :-(
Everything could have been anything else and it would have just as much meaning.

bastya_elvtars

And this is the biggest caveat of the DC protocol, because nobody is forced to keep a certain ratio like in BitTorrent. That way, no netlimiter/limit check would be needed, only periodic check of ratios and those with low ratios could be banned/warned.
DC is not capable of effective filesharing ATM. ;)
Everything could have been anything else and it would have just as much meaning.

dontwalkpast

I have seen in some clients that it keeps a record of up/down & ratio. Go to: Help>About DC++ , and you can see your up/down and ratio:

Could this be useful to get user ratios and keep track?

PPK

No, here is no way to get that info (easy to fake) from them...
"Most of you are familiar with the virtues of a programmer. There are three, of course: laziness, impatience, and hubris." - Larry Wall

dontwalkpast

Quote from: PPK on 21 September, 2007, 14:08:22
No, here is no way to get that info (easy to fake) from them...
The server can get much info from each client already, but not this info? Seems hard to believe. Even if it is easy to fake. It is impossible?

dontwalkpast

I did read, Mutor. Maybe I didn't understand until now. I always thought hub could ask for client info. The hub knows client type and version, #hubs, #slots, up/down limiter, etc. , why not ask for ratio too? If the client keeps track of ratio, can it not be asked for by the hub? This seemed a logical question from me, a newbie.

Thank you for taking more time to make it absolutely clear. I understand now that it is impossible.

Take care and thank you to administration for this great forum.

PPK

Quote from: dontwalkpast on 22 September, 2007, 01:02:02
I always thought hub could ask for client info.
Wrong, hub don't have any way to ask for any info. Hub receive some info from client, and it is on client what he's send.
"Most of you are familiar with the virtues of a programmer. There are three, of course: laziness, impatience, and hubris." - Larry Wall

dontwalkpast

Quote from: PPK on 22 September, 2007, 01:11:09
Wrong, hub don't have any way to ask for any info. Hub receive some info from client, and it is on client what he's send.
This is good information to know, thank you PPK!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk