MAC Binding - Page 2

News:

29 December 2022 - PtokaX 0.5.3.0 (20th anniversary edition) released...
11 April 2017 - PtokaX 0.5.2.2 released...
8 April 2015 Anti child and anti pedo pr0n scripts are not allowed anymore on this board!
28 September 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.1 for Windows 10 IoT released...
3 September 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.1 released...
16 August 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.0 released...
1 August 2015 - Crowdfunding for ADC protocol support in PtokaX ended. Clearly nobody want ADC support...
30 June 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.1.0 released...
30 April 2015 Crowdfunding for ADC protocol support in PtokaX
26 April 2015 New support hub!
20 February 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.0.3 released...
13 April 2014 - PtokaX 0.5.0.2 released...
23 March 2014 - PtokaX testing version 0.5.0.1 build 454 is available.
04 March 2014 - PtokaX.org sites were temporary down because of DDOS attacks and issues with hosting service provider.

Main Menu

MAC Binding

Started by Yahoo, 04 May, 2007, 11:33:28

Previous topic - Next topic

bastya_elvtars

Then if you register a user, try forcing them to always use the same IP.
Everything could have been anything else and it would have just as much meaning.

achiever

i dont think ne normal user changes ip for fun unless there ip is taken by some other user.
u got to be here n c this, even the hub ips are taken away if they r not on for a few days
thks,
achiever.

bastya_elvtars

This is definitely a management issue then.
Everything could have been anything else and it would have just as much meaning.

achiever

ne permanent solutions?
thks,
achiever.

bastya_elvtars

What is a 'budding lan'?

TrIp-iN-SuN

yea its happned to me too not now but before its happend to me i changed pass 324234 times for all ops and master and him get the pass agian i thing its same plugs to hack ptokax

achiever

Quote from: bastya_elvtars on 05 May, 2007, 20:06:21
What is a 'budding lan'?
by this i meant that it is a fast growing lan network.

sorry for late reply.
thks,
achiever.

bastya_elvtars

Quote from: achiever on 08 May, 2007, 11:57:14
by this i meant that it is a fast growing lan network.

Who is administering this?
Can you please do the following:
Start menu - Run - cmd /k ipconfig /renew
Paste the output here.

achiever

well here it is

Windows IP Configuration

The operation failed as no adapter is in the state permissible for
this operation.

can u explain what this is?

and
Quote from: bastya_elvtars on 08 May, 2007, 12:48:35
Who is administering this?
administering what?
thks,
achiever.

bastya_elvtars

Ahh, so this is a network where everyone sets their own IPs in an arbitrary way. Is there a network administrator on this LAN?

achiever

no
Quote from: achiever on 08 May, 2007, 13:33:22
well here it is

Windows IP Configuration

The operation failed as no adapter is in the state permissible for
this operation.

can u explain what this is?
thks,
achiever.

bastya_elvtars

For a network adapter, there are two ways to assign an IP. the first way is when you enter it manually (as you do it now). The second is to have it set by a DHCP-server.

achiever

ok so what is the thing u were checking?
and what are u trying to explain me which i m far from understanding? :(
i understood what DHCP is some what but i think the problem will be in setting it up?
thks,
achiever.

bastya_elvtars

Isn't there anyone maintaining this LAN?

achiever

thks,
achiever.

bastya_elvtars

And where is the router? Who are behind this router?

Yahoo

if i know the mac address of a user which i want to block then is it possible to create a script which will block tht mac user only
"BoRN FIGhTEr"

PPK

No, is not possible with script ::)
"Most of you are familiar with the virtues of a programmer. There are three, of course: laziness, impatience, and hubris." - Larry Wall

achiever

Quote from: bastya_elvtars on 09 May, 2007, 11:51:43
And where is the router? Who are behind this router?
i have got no idea of where the router is? i think our service providers control it.
thks,
achiever.

bastya_elvtars

I think if someone is smart enough to sniff passwords, they are also smart enough to change their MACs.

Yahoo

but no one can guess tht they are block or ban bcoz there MAC Address has been banned. the script must not mentioned tht the user is block due to difference in the users MAC address. let us be postive and giv this a try dont u think so
"BoRN FIGhTEr"

bastya_elvtars

Quote from: Yahoo on 09 May, 2007, 18:52:23
but no one can guess tht they are block or ban bcoz there MAC Address has been banned. the script must not mentioned tht the user is block due to difference in the users MAC address. let us be postive and giv this a try dont u think so

Well, we still cannot provide such a script.

achiever

i m not sure if scripts can read what is being added in the the hub-description box (below hub name and adderess) when we add a new hub.
but if the script can read it can a script be made
--- which will make a code such that its only know to the script and the user not even to the ops will kno that.
--- if a person logins without it he should not be allowed to connect.
--- if user losses it he should at least remember his pass knowing which only 1 perticular op can get that code which will be changed the 1st time the user logins again.

should work only if hub-description can be read by scripts
so what u ppl think?  :)
thks,
achiever.

Creative

achiever, if u have so many ideas then i think you should only try for such a script :P
It will be great to have such a script..........

achiever

c'mon ppl give some response, or is there such a script already done or is it not possible?
plzz reply what u think of it.
thks,
achiever.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk