Release Bot what is connected with users

News:

29 December 2022 - PtokaX 0.5.3.0 (20th anniversary edition) released...
11 April 2017 - PtokaX 0.5.2.2 released...
8 April 2015 Anti child and anti pedo pr0n scripts are not allowed anymore on this board!
28 September 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.1 for Windows 10 IoT released...
3 September 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.1 released...
16 August 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.0 released...
1 August 2015 - Crowdfunding for ADC protocol support in PtokaX ended. Clearly nobody want ADC support...
30 June 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.1.0 released...
30 April 2015 Crowdfunding for ADC protocol support in PtokaX
26 April 2015 New support hub!
20 February 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.0.3 released...
13 April 2014 - PtokaX 0.5.0.2 released...
23 March 2014 - PtokaX testing version 0.5.0.1 build 454 is available.
04 March 2014 - PtokaX.org sites were temporary down because of DDOS attacks and issues with hosting service provider.

Main Menu

Release Bot what is connected with users

Started by Vipertje, 05 January, 2008, 17:58:07

Previous topic - Next topic

Vipertje

Is it possible to make a script that downloads the filelists of users in the hub and it converts to make it visable on the right click menu, so that every one can see what users have in there share and that the filelist will refresh in xx days?

The database must only get the input name what is choosen by the owner like:

LOST (database will only show the users that has a directory in there share with the name LOST)
Star Trek (database will only show the users that has a directory in there share with the name Star Trek)
Star Gate (database will only show the users that has a directory in there share with the name Star Gate)

I hope that some one knows what I mean. If not I am happy to explain more detailed (Dutch better then English ;) )

bastya_elvtars

I think this is a clientside feature called 'Search'. :P
Everything could have been anything else and it would have just as much meaning.

Vipertje

No this is not what i mean, normaly you must put the files in by your self and what i mean is that you can see by going you the right click menu what a user has on inputten name like what you see on me first post. So if some one looking for Lost that you can see who that has also when the  user is not online.

User Release > Lost > User 1
                              User 2
                              User 3
                              User 4
                              User 5
                              User 6

Star Trek > User 1
                                    User 2
                                    User 3
                                    User 4

Star Gate Atlantis > User 1
                                                User 2
                                                User 3
                                                User 4
                                                User 5
                                                User 6
                                                User 7

Does this give you a better idea???

bastya_elvtars

This would kill the hub. The steps to be taken:
Create a listening socket in Lua.
Get the filelist.
Decompress it.
Parse the XML.

This would be an overkill.
Everything could have been anything else and it would have just as much meaning.

Vipertje

Why would it kill the hub, I dont understand what you mean. Me hub is running on a 100Mbit host in a serverparc and has quad core!

bastya_elvtars

Because this is impossible to program in PXLua asynchronously, so the # of CPU's is irrelevant, so is the bandwidh. Every filelist parsing would stall the hub for a bit.

Vipertje

It would be in XXdays or week like ones a week or so.

Vipertje

Ow ok Mutor THX,

is it not possible then to make something like that but that the user self can select it that he has the map. so same but manualy by user. That theres a button to click on if the user has it?

I hope you understand what i mean

Vipertje

But its not much diffrent as the release bots that are now working, its only that you have more lay out and no dubble entries.

Or that you have a database where is standing like:

Release > Full TV Series > Airwolf > (and that that the user can see with user it has or a user can add himself to the list)
                                    Lost > (same as above)
                                    ect ect ect ect

bastya_elvtars

1) Search
2) Enqueue
3) If someone with the same stuff comes online, he/she will be added to the queue if configured to do so.

I don't see what the exact benefit would be.

Vipertje

The benifit will be that the users in me hub can see what a other users has in the hub, this is easy for users that have a autoslot for other users in the same hub like my server client.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk