connecting to a hub via script

News:

29 December 2022 - PtokaX 0.5.3.0 (20th anniversary edition) released...
11 April 2017 - PtokaX 0.5.2.2 released...
8 April 2015 Anti child and anti pedo pr0n scripts are not allowed anymore on this board!
28 September 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.1 for Windows 10 IoT released...
3 September 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.1 released...
16 August 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.0 released...
1 August 2015 - Crowdfunding for ADC protocol support in PtokaX ended. Clearly nobody want ADC support...
30 June 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.1.0 released...
30 April 2015 Crowdfunding for ADC protocol support in PtokaX
26 April 2015 New support hub!
20 February 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.0.3 released...
13 April 2014 - PtokaX 0.5.0.2 released...
23 March 2014 - PtokaX testing version 0.5.0.1 build 454 is available.
04 March 2014 - PtokaX.org sites were temporary down because of DDOS attacks and issues with hosting service provider.

Main Menu

connecting to a hub via script

Started by ruler, 15 April, 2006, 01:40:36

Previous topic - Next topic

ruler

hi peeps, more of a question than a request.
Is it posible for a script that is run within a hub to connect to another hub? I figure if a client can do it then i see no reason that a script cannot too but maybe i am wrong.
thanks

The Direct Connect Global Banlist get protected.

Troubadour

and what is the use of it, if i may ask?
Regards,

Troubadour

** Guardian Forum **

hubaddy:   nederfun.no-ip.com

ruler

ive done very little coding on the client side so i am not sure what limitations it has.
there are several purposes i could have but if it was to be written on the client side then i would be in the wrong section. it is however nice to know what the limitations are when using LUA wether it be client side or hub side.
I figure on the client side i wouldnt need to worry about lock to key sinario and other general connection stuff so i think Mutor is most likley right, client side would be a whole lot easier.

it does however seem strange that on all of these LUA boards ive never seen any topics about connecting to other hubs by using a hub script ;D

The Direct Connect Global Banlist get protected.

Dessamator

Client Side scripting is a nightmare when compared to hub side, some of those functions seem rushed and well, it takes getting used to besides not having all the added API that ptokax has.
Ignorance is Bliss.

bluebear

Its absolutely no problem to connect to a hub from a lua script.. With the first PxWSA release i've included a dchub.lua.
Witch connects to a DirectConnect Protocol server and prints mainchat to screen. You're also allowed to send mainchat with the script.
It runs in ptokax console. The script is not compatible with the newest version of PxWSA, but atm im writing a book; a tutorial for PxWSA witch will contain a upgraded version. I might throw the LockToKey algorithm inside PxUtilities.dll, but it can be done in pure lua with help from PxBITWISE.

I've lost this script myself, but it is possible that it still is located on Plop's cvs/svn!
Sincerely,
bluebear
--
http://www.thewildplace.dk/ is is closed - Use the following mirrors instead
http://bluebear.psycho-chihuahua.net
http://pxextension.piratez.dk/
[Lua extensions - Chat stats - YnHub PMSpy - DC Source code - and more]

CrazyGuy

QuoteIs it posible for a script that is run within a hub to connect to another hub?

Are you talking Hub <--> Hub connections ?

Snooze

I've found that creating a client was much easier to manage and would give me more control and possibilities ... I think that bluebear made a guide for that too using VS (bluebear: Correct me if I'm wrong)
Well.. It all comes down to what you wanna use it for ..

Good luck :)
Snooze

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk