The PtokaX Wiki (a. k. a. WikiPx)

News:

29 December 2022 - PtokaX 0.5.3.0 (20th anniversary edition) released...
11 April 2017 - PtokaX 0.5.2.2 released...
8 April 2015 Anti child and anti pedo pr0n scripts are not allowed anymore on this board!
28 September 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.1 for Windows 10 IoT released...
3 September 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.1 released...
16 August 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.0 released...
1 August 2015 - Crowdfunding for ADC protocol support in PtokaX ended. Clearly nobody want ADC support...
30 June 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.1.0 released...
30 April 2015 Crowdfunding for ADC protocol support in PtokaX
26 April 2015 New support hub!
20 February 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.0.3 released...
13 April 2014 - PtokaX 0.5.0.2 released...
23 March 2014 - PtokaX testing version 0.5.0.1 build 454 is available.
04 March 2014 - PtokaX.org sites were temporary down because of DDOS attacks and issues with hosting service provider.

Main Menu

The PtokaX Wiki (a. k. a. WikiPx)

Started by bastya_elvtars, 03 December, 2004, 02:53:49

Previous topic - Next topic

bastya_elvtars

hey all my friends!

i am planning to build a website for lawmaker, but i thought about going further and making a complete lua scripts page, with ability to upload scripts, forum, etc.

what i want in connection with this, is YOUR opinion about it.

it is not intended to compete with the lua board... that would be just another site, which hosts and discusses lua scripts at the same time, as no such site yet out there.

What do you think?
Everything could have been anything else and it would have just as much meaning.

bolamix

Heya!
That could be interesting, although I don't quite see how such a site wouldn't compete with this one... Script-sharing/hosting, discussion board... how exactly would it be different? Just curious ;)
Sharing is of the essence!

Live music >> Aiwadirock! live music hub
PtokaX knowledge >> The PtokaX Wiki

Herodes

You know what is the only thing missing from this community ?

A Wiki ! we need one ..
it would be nice to share knowledge like that ...
everyone will be able to contribute to it, with links, scripts, lua tips, ptx tips, networking tips and any other stuff ..

I wish for a wiki ;)

kepp

You mean like General discussin like LUA itself, and not based upon PtokaX Inteface if so yea, good idea :)
Guarding    

Optimus

Hi guys this lua forum covers alot as some 1 sayd before. So it needs to have something new/special so that would be wiki, new examples, other hi-tech shit hehe. But since all is in lua5.0 or higher (the internet) it wouldn't help us alot at this moment but it will ofcourse when new Ptokax with lua5.02 will arrive. But that's pure my opinion, i don't wanne bounce any heads hehe.

Let's hear what other will come up with.

Greetingz Optimus

bastya_elvtars

nice, i see you are interested in the stuff. now i just have 2 work out the details of a ptokax lua wiki and we can go on...

you can find me in many places... if you are willing to help, get in contact with me ;)
Everything could have been anything else and it would have just as much meaning.

bastya_elvtars

Basically I established that wiki using phpwiki, but i have no time & patiance to maintain it. So somebody who can and is willing to administer it, get in contact with me please.

bolamix

Hiyall ^^

I'd be interested in contributing to that wiki. I don't know how much work it means to maintain/administer it, I'm not sure I've got enough time, between kids, work, hub and hub's forum. But I'd sure be glad to give back to the lua community, so please tell me if I can be of help  ;)

Herodes

The PtokaX Wiki ( aka WikiPx )

Guess what .. the ptx got a wiki web ... ;)

it is a noble gesture of bastya_elvtars to host it , the only thing needed is US! to maintain it to and make it grow... consider it a knowledge base and reserve your questions for the forum ...
The wiki isnt set up with the purpose of replacing this amazing forum. It cannot and never will be able to compete at the same level with it ... The wiki administration will not accept any script posting apart from the cases that the scripts are set up like examples for doing things.
Contribute and be happy ;D

PS:( dont get angry if you see things getting deleted, moved or changed .. if you do get angry with this kind of things pls dont even try because wiki is a collaborative way to share knowledge...)

bolamix

Hey that's great news!
Thx bastya_elvtars, and thx Herodes too :D

Edit: when I try to register there, the wiki tells me that "User name must be WikiName formatted!". But I can't access the page explaining "WikiName" without being logged on o_O Any hint, please? :]

bastya_elvtars

maybe i can get a normal domain name for it, not the unsure no-ip dns (altho its not a bad service). i will also optimise the os on the machine, but now i have more important things tio do.

till then use that wiki, it will be very nice. altho WikiNames for users are weird :rolleyes:

please Herodes find a fix to this!

Herodes

CamelCase names also known as WikiNames.

ThisIsAWikiName  .. : this is a valid wikiname ...

Thisisawikiname or This Is A Wiki Name : arent wikinames ...

It has been a standard for wikis since the begging ... pls comply .. tilll a solution is (maybe is ) found ...

bolamix

Uh... not sure I understand...

If I write "BolaMix" the wiki will accept it, but not "bolamix"?

Edit: I answered my own question... what a strange new rule this is to me! :D

bastya_elvtars

Hi folks,

its late here, but:

1) i made the wiki look a bit nicer, i hope PPK and Ptaczek won't mind that i borrowed the PtokaX logo

2) if you really wanna contribute in the page, please read this  link on editing wiki!

Enjoy the page!

*** edit ***

fuck... i should study but as i found the syntax i will spend much time on this :(

cause this is MUCh more fun than BBCode..

8)

[NL]Pur

bolamix

Very nice indeed :D

Just one thing: I'd really like to contribute to that wiki but whenever I try to edit a page (from the "Wanted Pages"), I get an error "You don't have write access to this page. You might need to register an account to get write access." I'm logged in, what else do I need to do? Thx in advance ;)

Herodes

If you want to create a non-existant page ( which is what the Wanted Pages means... ) you click on the WikiPage name (from the list)

PS: I hope you werent trying to edit the WantedPages ,... as you found out u cant ..  

*Non-Existant pages are WikiWords with a dashed underline

bolamix

QuoteOriginally posted by Herodes
If you want to create a non-existant page ( which is what the Wanted Pages means... ) you click on the WikiPage name (from the list)

PS: I hope you werent trying to edit the WantedPages ,... as you found out u cant ..  

*Non-Existant pages are WikiWords with a dashed underline
Yes I was aware of the meaning of the WantedPages, I had a couple of ideas on how to present things... but when I click on the WikiPage Name in the list (eg. http://ptokaxwiki.no-ip.com/wikka.php?wakka=PermanentBan/edit ) I get the error I mentioned above. I'm trying to figure out what I'm doing wrong ?(

bastya_elvtars

sorry a config mitype caused all. now i fixed the whole thing, however only registered users can edit things on purpose.

bolamix

Hehe thanks bast... I'm glad it wasn't me doing something wrong :D
Quotehowever only registered users can edit things on purpose.
Of course, that makes sense.

bastya_elvtars

i see bolamix you are working hard ;)

thx and enxourage more ppl to come come come and edit

bolamix

Hehe yw ;) Anyway you may have noticed that I'm doing the more simple bits of the wiki, so we're gonna need some professionals to complete the more techy pages!

Now to business: I have a question about the FileUpload function in this wiki (http://ptokaxwiki.no-ip.com/wikka.php?wakka=FileUpload). I mean there is no "Upload file" button like I was expecting, only column headers at the top:
Attachment         Size         Date Added
. If I try and edit the page it says "{{files}}" at the top of the edit box, and I have no clue how to use that tag. Didn't find any info on the Wikka website either. Could anyone please point me in the right direction? Cuz I like adding screenshots to software help files :D

Thx in advance.

bolamix

K apparently this is a feature, only admins can upload things. Bastya said he'd look into it after Dec. 28. Until then, I'll link the images from my webspace.

Edit: when the site is reachable again :/

bastya_elvtars

QuoteOriginally posted by bolamix
K apparently this is a feature, only admins can upload things. Bastya said he'd look into it after Dec. 28. Until then, I'll link the images from my webspace.

Edit: when the site is reachable again :/

sorry in the LAN the entire IP range of the campus is banned.  Maybe i can make it unbanned 2morrow.

bolamix

Gee I sure hope so bast... I'm so sad to have lost my newfound toy  ;(

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk