Ptokax Dies??

News:

29 December 2022 - PtokaX 0.5.3.0 (20th anniversary edition) released...
11 April 2017 - PtokaX 0.5.2.2 released...
8 April 2015 Anti child and anti pedo pr0n scripts are not allowed anymore on this board!
28 September 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.1 for Windows 10 IoT released...
3 September 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.1 released...
16 August 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.0 released...
1 August 2015 - Crowdfunding for ADC protocol support in PtokaX ended. Clearly nobody want ADC support...
30 June 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.1.0 released...
30 April 2015 Crowdfunding for ADC protocol support in PtokaX
26 April 2015 New support hub!
20 February 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.0.3 released...
13 April 2014 - PtokaX 0.5.0.2 released...
23 March 2014 - PtokaX testing version 0.5.0.1 build 454 is available.
04 March 2014 - PtokaX.org sites were temporary down because of DDOS attacks and issues with hosting service provider.

Main Menu

Ptokax Dies??

Started by (Mr420), 26 October, 2003, 00:10:11

Previous topic - Next topic

(Mr420)

Hey peeps, I have ran a Ptokax hub for a long time, never had any problems. Until now, everytime I start my hub, it runs perfect, for about an hour, then just...dies. it totall shuts down, the system tray icon disappears, and I have to restart it. In the client, it says...connection reset by server, but I didn't reset anything. I used to run TD3, until today, I upgraded in hopes of it solving my problem, but it didn't. so now I run TD4. AMD2400+, 512 RAM, XP2600 SP1, more than enough to hold what I'm doing. my hub generally has 200+ peeps, and up until yesturday, has ran flawlessly. any ideas on what could make it just go poof?????? thanks a bunch.
Ptokax Owns J000!
Owner of: ??Rg????n R?@LM?
Founder of: 420 ??+?r????

Flux

Well thats unusual i don't think PtokaX TD4 is the problem especially if you got the official PtokaX TD4 from the official site http://develop.svamberk.net/ptokax/site/index.php and also if you are using the proper scripts from this forum.

I have been using PtokaX TD4 since it was released with no problems at all. So i truly think that this problem is not PtokaX TD4 Hub Software. Then again i could be wrong if anyone else has experienced this problem too.

I should advise running TD4 without scripts as a test first with no one in the hub and then take the step of adding scripts if nothing happens. but also check your firewall settings too if you have a firewall as sometimes this can cause minute problems as well.

I hope other members here can give you more advise than me, as really i can't see the problem being PtokaX TD4 and as i said before i could be wrong...

Good luck.

;)  ;)
? Official HoD Website - http://www.houseofdance.net
? Official HoD Hub Community -  hodhub.dyndns.org:2007

(Mr420)

I agree, I don't think the hub soft is the problem. And of course I do have the "official" version. I have used Ptokax since its release, and up till now no problems. just asking if anyone else has had this problem, or if anyone knows anything that would or could help. Firewall is OK, no router, and the hubsoft as I said, I don't believe to be the problem.
Ptokax Owns J000!
Owner of: ??Rg????n R?@LM?
Founder of: 420 ??+?r????

[ES]latinmusic

Your problem seems to be your OS (Operating system have crashed). Just think, if ptokax have been running without troubles and now you have troubles, the problem is not inside the hubsoft. Just a comment.

MrZ

Hia:))

I have earlier waned about MS patches...did ya installed one of them in the latest ???

Warning!

If yes..remove them and reinstall PtokaX and then..maybe...

GodLuck :))

Z ua
Always remember that you are unique... just like everyone else :-D

Boss

hmm
Something happens with ptokax TD4..

me and a couple others ( app. 4-6 ) have the same problem .

After a app. 1 hour the hubstart too use 100% CPU

and that happens even if you close the ports in the firewall and start the hub again .hmmmmmm

Thats why we change hubsoft .. we have wrote it before in this forum but no answer !!!

:((

MrZ

Hia :))

Ive run td4 since it came out and not notised this behaviour...some "access violation" but that seems 2 be gone with these "new" releases were testing now.

BUT im running on a puter i do nothing else on..no pathces or likewise.

Again..did someone of you update windows with patches at the time?

Z ya

Corsari

... if Microsoft releases patches and so on ... I want them to be installed.

Other P2Ps I'm running are working properly, so: why I should stay out of protection (I mean dont' install windows updates) to run Ptokax?

It is the software (Ptokax) which is running on Windows and not viceversa, so it is Ptokax that must be pathced to work properly. (I think ... )

Anyway Ptokax 326 TD3 has run for 800 hours on my Win XP Pro. TD4 is often stopping with an error sometime and I must restart it. Uptime Record is maximum 100 and some hours.

Additonally, I asked for some explanations on the fact the main chat is not working properly. I mean if you write a chat line .. you are not sure it does come out on the main chat.

Thank you for any answer

Bye

Robert

MrZ

Hia:)  (again)

Corsari...

If ya wanna play russian rulette with Microsquash releases...hmm

And i didnt say dont install nothing, just be carefull and if ya get into problems ya now were too look :)

If ya ask MS (I did) they say its everybody elses applikation that are wrong written...hehe yeaaa !!

If ya have run td3 b4 that have been up 800, il just say congratulation :)) ( to ptaczek ;)....

It's just that MS just have been starting this behaviour, ive installed everything they released in the last 1? year just as a test..and everything was fine untill 2 weeks ago !

I only trying to help not naggin on anyone, but tell me... why are ya using td4 if it is so bad and td3 is so good ?

Z ya

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk