cant get my users back in my hub

News:

29 December 2022 - PtokaX 0.5.3.0 (20th anniversary edition) released...
11 April 2017 - PtokaX 0.5.2.2 released...
8 April 2015 Anti child and anti pedo pr0n scripts are not allowed anymore on this board!
28 September 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.1 for Windows 10 IoT released...
3 September 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.1 released...
16 August 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.0 released...
1 August 2015 - Crowdfunding for ADC protocol support in PtokaX ended. Clearly nobody want ADC support...
30 June 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.1.0 released...
30 April 2015 Crowdfunding for ADC protocol support in PtokaX
26 April 2015 New support hub!
20 February 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.0.3 released...
13 April 2014 - PtokaX 0.5.0.2 released...
23 March 2014 - PtokaX testing version 0.5.0.1 build 454 is available.
04 March 2014 - PtokaX.org sites were temporary down because of DDOS attacks and issues with hosting service provider.

Main Menu

cant get my users back in my hub

Started by teachbug, 22 May, 2014, 06:57:30

Previous topic - Next topic

teachbug

ok crazy things have happened. the power went out like 3 days or so ago, and now for some reason my users cant get back into my hub.
No I have all the ports open in my router, its set up like it always had been I THINK. I have powered down my router several several times, for varied amounts of time. I have done everything I can remember to do that I have done before, and nothing works! I can connect to other hubs, I can connect to my own hub, but nobody can connect to My hub. so frustrated, what am I missing? what am I doing wrong. I even did a restore point from about 2 days before this even happened, and it didnt help.
I need some big brained person to direct my brain before I go insane.

PPK

"Most of you are familiar with the virtues of a programmer. There are three, of course: laziness, impatience, and hubris." - Larry Wall

teachbug

well I went to the command prompt and did the IPCONFIG thing and used that Ip to open all my ports along with the other ones that are already in my router. you know like it ends in 1, and sometimes 100, and other times it ends in 120, so all those choices are used to open the ports. I think maybe thats why Im losing my mind trying to figure out whats wrong.

PPK

Internet IP, that one where users connect to ...
"Most of you are familiar with the virtues of a programmer. There are three, of course: laziness, impatience, and hubris." - Larry Wall

teachbug

You got me to thinking PPK. So I started looking at it that way and I use No-IP and DUC 4.0, and I realized I just recently upgraded from DUC 3.something to the 4.0, so I go look at it and its not running right, something isn't set up correctly so I mess with it an finally realize that I simply had not checked off on all the boxs where it says "manage existing hosts". I clicked the box, restarted the router, rebooted the hub, and it worked!!!!!!!!!
Something so small, so unimportant looking had been driving me crazy for a week.
If it wasn't for you and the other guys on here who do so much for others I wouldn't have had the push to find this mistake.
thanks.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk