0.3.5.1g

News:

29 December 2022 - PtokaX 0.5.3.0 (20th anniversary edition) released...
11 April 2017 - PtokaX 0.5.2.2 released...
8 April 2015 Anti child and anti pedo pr0n scripts are not allowed anymore on this board!
28 September 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.1 for Windows 10 IoT released...
3 September 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.1 released...
16 August 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.0 released...
1 August 2015 - Crowdfunding for ADC protocol support in PtokaX ended. Clearly nobody want ADC support...
30 June 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.1.0 released...
30 April 2015 Crowdfunding for ADC protocol support in PtokaX
26 April 2015 New support hub!
20 February 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.0.3 released...
13 April 2014 - PtokaX 0.5.0.2 released...
23 March 2014 - PtokaX testing version 0.5.0.1 build 454 is available.
04 March 2014 - PtokaX.org sites were temporary down because of DDOS attacks and issues with hosting service provider.

Main Menu

0.3.5.1g

Started by PPK, 09 October, 2006, 00:09:29

Previous topic - Next topic

PPK

New testing version, only with Lua 5.1.1. Here is no version with Lua 5.0.3, compile failed because Lua 5.0.3 not support function needed by PtokaX  ::)

Full online PtokaX changelog is available in Wiki.
"Most of you are familiar with the virtues of a programmer. There are three, of course: laziness, impatience, and hubris." - Larry Wall

bastya_elvtars

Quote from: PPK on 09 October, 2006, 00:09:29
Here is no version with Lua 5.0.3, compile failed because Lua 5.0.3 not support function needed by PtokaX  ::)

Does this mean that support for Lua 5.0 will be dropped?
Everything could have been anything else and it would have just as much meaning.

PPK

Maybe, if nobody give me good reason why we need version with lua 5.0  ::)
"Most of you are familiar with the virtues of a programmer. There are three, of course: laziness, impatience, and hubris." - Larry Wall

Stormbringer

Good reason?
Maybe cause 80% of the hub are still running lua 5.0 hub.

Herodes

Quote from: Stormbringer on 09 October, 2006, 11:46:54
Good reason?
Maybe cause 80% of the hub are still running lua 5.0 hub.

Thats before they realize that PtokaX isn't going 5.0.x anymore ;)
I believe that having dual versions of PtokaX has made things lot more easier for the scripters and a lot more confusing for the hubowners. It was a great move from the part of PPK, strategicaly,  to do this, because he knows how strong this hubsoft is from its community and he made us the favour of doing a simple transition. As Lua moves forward the option for following smth less is definately getting thinner since the features of the new versions are ussually compensating in terms of less code and easier logic. Please keep up,... the community will definately be there ;) encourage people to script,.. its a nice hobby to have and a good reason to sit on the pc doing stuff for others, somewhat fulfilling. (shitty,.. I am ranting again...full stop.)

PPK: Could you please add the date a change in the changelog was made?
Maybe format the changelog like what follows?
[+] (06-10-2006) - Advanced password protection (thx plop for idea).

Changelog Legend
------------------
[+] Added, [-] Removed, [!] Fixed/Improved, [#] Changed

Rincewind

Personally I'd quite like to see support for Lua 5.0.3 dropped as it makes more work trying to make a script compatible with both. I'll continue doing so while the support is there so people have achoice but it is a pain to have to do so.

bastya_elvtars

Just asked 'cause I'll update LM for 5.1 :P
Everything could have been anything else and it would have just as much meaning.

-SkA-

There's a bug on this version:

function RegBot doesn't works well: scripts with this function works but it's not operator (no key).
???:::??x??em?-N????:::??? ?wN??

BrianzaLand Blog" style="border:0

PPK

Change scripts from lua 5.0 to 5.1 is easy. If i don't drop support for lua 5.0 now, then i do it on end of year. Don't drop it now means to make 168 changes in lua interface compatible with lua 5.0 and add again bugs because is not possible to fix them with lua 5.0 ::)

Helios

nice work ppk a new release tnx

blackwings

maybe someone should release a list of what things needs to be changed in a 5.0 script to convert it into a 5.1 script.

Herodes

Quote from: blackwings on 11 October, 2006, 02:47:46
maybe someone should release a list of what things needs to be changed in a 5.0 script to convert it into a 5.1 script.
PtokaX can already tell you what is wrong with a 5.0.x script. just put it in the scirpts folder!
Also, anyone can go find the changes compared to the previous version for the Lua 5.1 version on the Lua website.

johny

hehehe lol now i get this error too
[21:21] Syntax E:\Robocop 10.023\scripts\newyear.lua5.lua:55: attempt to call field 'mod' (a nil value)
just after scripts restart, never seen it before
posibely the next line is the prob line:
   local hours, minutes,seconds = math.floor(math.mod(tmp/3600, 60)), math.floor(math.mod(tmp/60, 60)), math.floor(math.mod(tmp/1, 60))

Rincewind

Lua 5.1.1 uses modf instead of mod; the function had its name changed.

johny

thanks man just changed all .mod to .modf now and testing script

[21:39:54] <newyear> Time left till new year: 80 Day's 2 Hours 140 Minutes 8406 Seconds

hehehe and its working again, now i have to check all other scripts and change all .mod to .modf i presume

Herodes

Quote from: johny on 12 October, 2006, 21:41:27
thanks man just changed all .mod to .modf now and testing script

[21:39:54] <newyear> Time left till new year: 80 Day's 2 Hours 140 Minutes 8406 Seconds

hehehe and its working again, now i have to check all other scripts and change all .mod to .modf i presume
although it is buggy....
8days 2hours 140mins 8406seconds
^ ok   ^ok     ^no*     ^no!**

* 140mins = 2hrs 20min
** 8406s / 60 = 140.01 mins = 2hrs 20mins 6mins

Post the problem at the appropriate thread. This is no place for this ;)

bastya_elvtars

math.mod has become math.fmod, not math.modf.

Herodes

Quote from: bastya_elvtars on 13 October, 2006, 16:26:41
math.mod has become math.fmod, not math.modf.
quite true,...
Quote from: Lua 5.1 Manual
from the Lua manual
math.fmod (x, y)
Returns the remainder of the division of 'x' by 'y'.
math.modf (x)
Returns two numbers, the integral part of 'x' and the fractional part of 'x'

johny

yep just found that out, changed them all from modf to fmod and whalla script works perfect again

thanks for your help guys.

ruler

dont know if its a bug so i thought i'd ask and see if any other hubs are having the same probs...
seems i changed from 0.3.5.1b to 0.3.5.1g and many users including OPs are having problems downloading or getting filelists in my hub, they have no probs in other hubs. i have several SU in my favs and on auto slot in my hub yet they get sonnecting... connecting... timeout. only thing changed was the hubsoft version. any ideas?

thanks

The Direct Connect Global Banlist get protected.

PPK

Don't look like bug here, tested and without problems downloaded filelist from all users on my hub  ::)

ruler

it doesnt seem to effect everyone just a handful at the moment, it maybe something ive over looked. i'll do a little more checking just to make sure. thanks
Posted on: 17 October 2006, 00:10:32
hmm strange, i changed back to the version 0.3.5.1b same settings and same scripts and now they can connect again  ??? i dont know why this is but i think i will stick with the 'b' version for now ;D

The Direct Connect Global Banlist get protected.

Nada@WTB

SuspendAccepts(iTime) to lua for suspending listening sockets when hub is attacked.

Is that automatic or is there a command to activate it?

Ok I figured out that it does it auto, but even tho the flood is not showing in the accept/parts total anymore, the end result is the same. I have tried to narrow down the ip ranges doing this but they are random. 8x.xxx.xxx is alot of em, but they are also using 15x.xxx.xxx.
and of course I can not ban those ranges because alot of my users are from the UK with 8x.xxx.xxx ips.

I am at a loss as to what to do about this, they had left us alone for about a month, but now they start hitting us every afternoon.

If anyone has any suggestions how to stop this, please let me know. Thank You.

Welcome Thieving Bastards
PtokaX 0.4.1.1
Leviathan v.4.1
ApexDC++ 1.2.1
Windows 7 Ultimate

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk