Newbie Help Ptokax and Lua

Newbie Help Ptokax and Lua

Started by getsam123, 01 February, 2014, 12:09:24

Previous topic - Next topic

getsam123

hi all
I am new to PtokaX and lua.I am unable understand the proper flow thing to do use scripts.I am confused with client lua script and PtokaX server script and unable to run any.I am Using eiskaltdcpp as client as its cross-platform and running a PtokaX server on Raspberry Pi (so its a dedicated hub in my LAN).I am able to download and upload files with users and other basic things are working fine.Please provide a getting started with scripts for Ptokax for achieving following features.

1. No PtokaX proper guide is available,the wiki is does not give all the info.
2. How to exactly run scripts for PtokaX (after placing scripts in "scripts" dir and enabling them in Scripts.xml ).Dont have a GUI as Ptokax is on linux.
3. Does these PtokaX scripts provide commands for clients or they are to be run on server.
4. There client side lua scripts available for eiskaltdcpp but dont know how to use them.
5.Adding registered user with GUI,(I tried editing RegisteredUsers.xml with my nick as master but i don't know how to use the privilege commands )

PPK

Quote from: getsam123 on 01 February, 2014, 12:09:24
2. How to exactly run scripts for PtokaX (after placing scripts in "scripts" dir and enabling them in Scripts.xml ).Dont have a GUI as Ptokax is on linux.
When you have script in scripts directory then you can start script as Master or Operator with chat command !startscript scriptname
3. Does these PtokaX scripts provide commands for clients
Some scripts yes, some no. Depend on script.
5.Adding registered user with GUI,(I tried editing RegisteredUsers.xml with my nick as master but i don't know how to use the privilege commands )
To list available commands use !help chat command.
"Most of you are familiar with the virtues of a programmer. There are three, of course: laziness, impatience, and hubris." - Larry Wall

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk