Dude .plz . i need to make da best hub in town!

Dude .plz . i need to make da best hub in town!

Started by DarkRazor, 18 August, 2005, 20:43:25

Previous topic - Next topic

DarkRazor

ok.. seriousley :D .. i need 2 more scripts to make my hub better ...

1}}
i once asked for a script who changes the user's description according to their ip. i use this for area identification . certain ips are in certain areas of town.
example ip: 72.54.128.1-255 set description [hospital]
                   72.54.128.8-255 set description [red light district]  :rolleyes:
                  etc...

2}}
i need a script that allows masters ,netfounder and za bots to award special bonus points to other users . This script will make the hub grow and stay active.It must do the following:  :]

*user Dan completes task of bringing a new user John to the hub... he gets 1 point from the bot if user John types "+credit Dan" (this must work once per new user , so John does not type this 100 times)

*user Dan (again) downloads a file from the web and shares it. He types "+newfile " , then the bot checks of the user actualy has that file then msgs ops and higher so the can check it out and reward him.

*user Dan (this guy is annoyng , ayn't he?) does something else ... that the hub "rulers" put him up to or that they liked ..  :P  ... ops , masters, founders can type "+give Dan 5" and good ol' Dan gets 5 points .
Or , if he misbehaves "+take Dan 50" and Dan is back to square 1.

*when user Dan makes 200 points , he is made VIP , on 500 op and so forth...

*a top function that displays rankings...

Thanks for having the patience to help Dan help me...
I really need these scripts...

Thanx a lot...  :))

bastya_elvtars

QuoteOriginally posted by DarkRazor
ok.. seriousley :D .. i need 2 more scripts to make my hub better ...

1}}
i once asked for a script who changes the user's description according to their ip. i use this for area identification . certain ips are in certain areas of town.
example ip: 72.54.128.1-255 set description [hospital]
                   72.54.128.8-255 set description [red light district]  :rolleyes:
                  etc...

Gonna make it worse, because it wastes the b/w.

*user Dan completes task of bringing a new user John to the hub... he gets 1 point from the bot if user John types "+credit Dan" (this must work once per new user , so John does not type this 100 times)

What if Dan clones himself? IUs it a new user or 0.5 points?

*user Dan (again) downloads a file from the web and shares it. He types "+newfile " , then the bot checks of the user actualy has that file then msgs ops and higher so the can check it out and reward him.

Serverside sharechecking? Please, no!

*user Dan (this guy is annoyng , ayn't he?) does something else ... that the hub "rulers" put him up to or that they liked ..  :P  ... ops , masters, founders can type "+give Dan 5" and good ol' Dan gets 5 points .
Or , if he misbehaves "+take Dan 50" and Dan is back to square 1.

*when user Dan makes 200 points , he is made VIP , on 500 op and so forth...

*a top function that displays rankings...

I tell you something. Why not simply get a bot where users vote on each other. No user knows about his ranking, and nobody knows nobody's ranking. Only the masters. Maybe this can be secured to only 1 votes/day per account or something.. don't know, I am busy now. I think only other people can decide whether Dan is worth a penny... :P
Everything could have been anything else and it would have just as much meaning.

DarkRazor

the truth is painfull
hmm.. you're right about the b/w ...
 ;(

i must think simpler :
 a script that
-lets admins and ops award points...
-lets users vote once per day...(1 point per unregged vote(ip check) , 3 points per regged vote)
-awards n point per 24h connected with n*10gb...and a point per every 5 slots opened(24 h too)...(people really need slots)

and the user who reaches a certain number of votes gains a profile upgrade.

if server has 100 kb of bandwith (the town is a sort of WAN) would that ip range script be such a big problem?

you're right about the filechecking now that i think of what kind of server i'm planning on...

is this more down to earth?

?(

DarkRazor

just so the scripters understand the size of what i'm pulling off....

It is a MAN server (or CWN as others know it). The connection speed with each user on the hub will be a minimum of 20-25 kb/s (cause it's an anti-lamer hub)... server also has a lot of "relatve" bandwith.

The user number will be 150-220 (so not very big)...

So , does the IP script i requested eat an ireconcilable amount of bandwidth?

I was thinking along the lines of "Lua 5 Description Tag by ??????Hawk?????? ".

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk