RSS Release Script

RSS Release Script

Started by needascript, 02 March, 2010, 05:52:22

Previous topic - Next topic

needascript

Is there a script which takes the new releases (at a specified time interval) and creates an rss feed? maybe tied into a release script?
thanks

bastya_elvtars

Takes the new releases _from_where_?
BTW it is planned in FreshStuff.
Everything could have been anything else and it would have just as much meaning.

needascript

like the new files in the hub and exports it to a rss file which gets updated everyday

bastya_elvtars

Sorry for the late reply. :/
How are the new files tracked? Are they manually added to a database or should they be retrieved automatically? (the latter is very complicated, if not impossible to do).
Everything could have been anything else and it would have just as much meaning.

needascript

an automatic one would be the best. like the script gets the new file lists each day and subtracts the new one from the old one and shows the changes. even if it didnt have rss that would be nice.

is freshstuff being worked on anymore? i cant find the website

bastya_elvtars

A script can not get filelists (or actually it can, but it needs to be coded so it downloads them, unpacks them, and parses them which is extremely nasty.) This should rather be done clientside.
The FreshStuff website is down at the moment. I am working on resurrecting all the things but there is RealLife (tm) that takes all my time at the moment. :P

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk