0.3.6.0i

News:

29 December 2022 - PtokaX 0.5.3.0 (20th anniversary edition) released...
11 April 2017 - PtokaX 0.5.2.2 released...
8 April 2015 Anti child and anti pedo pr0n scripts are not allowed anymore on this board!
28 September 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.1 for Windows 10 IoT released...
3 September 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.1 released...
16 August 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.0 released...
1 August 2015 - Crowdfunding for ADC protocol support in PtokaX ended. Clearly nobody want ADC support...
30 June 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.1.0 released...
30 April 2015 Crowdfunding for ADC protocol support in PtokaX
26 April 2015 New support hub!
20 February 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.0.3 released...
13 April 2014 - PtokaX 0.5.0.2 released...
23 March 2014 - PtokaX testing version 0.5.0.1 build 454 is available.
04 March 2014 - PtokaX.org sites were temporary down because of DDOS attacks and issues with hosting service provider.

Main Menu

0.3.6.0i

Started by PPK, 31 October, 2007, 12:22:32

Previous topic - Next topic

PPK

"Most of you are familiar with the virtues of a programmer. There are three, of course: laziness, impatience, and hubris." - Larry Wall

Psycho_Chihuahua

Mirrored as usual on http://www.ptokax.ath.cx  ;D
PtokaxWiki ?PtokaX Mirror + latest Libs

01100001011011000111001101101111001000000110101101101110011011110111011101101110001000000110000101110011001000000101010001101111011010110110111101101100011011110111001101101000

speedX

Thanking You,

speedX

Flux

I am dying to use this update,
but I am unsure the latest robocop will not work
with this version of PtokaX.

I will have to look on the forum & do some research.

My thanx to u all who keep PtokaX alive & strong..
? Official HoD Website - http://www.houseofdance.net
? Official HoD Hub Community -  hodhub.dyndns.org:2007

bastya_elvtars

Quote from: Flux on 02 November, 2007, 12:18:53
I am dying to use this update,
but I am unsure the latest robocop will not work
with this version of PtokaX.

It is 500% sure that it ill NOT work.
Everything could have been anything else and it would have just as much meaning.

Flux

well bastya_elvtars
I will have to look for a new all-in-one security that will work lol
tho i suppose not alot of scripts will wok for this new
release update of PtokaX

PPK

Quote from: Flux on 02 November, 2007, 12:28:07
new all-in-one security
Why ? You don't used to now something that can be called security, then why now ? ;D
"Most of you are familiar with the virtues of a programmer. There are three, of course: laziness, impatience, and hubris." - Larry Wall

Stormbringer

QuoteI will have to look for a new all-in-one security that will work lol

1) There's no other all in one script that you can make work with this (update). PPK killed them all one by one, except this awful compiled bot...  :o

2) New gui sucks, for what we could make in past in one click, now you need 2 or 3.  ???

QuoteI am dying to use this update

3) You don't need to die, there's nothing new except breaking compatibility with older scripts  :'(

4) PPK, do you work with Vista's developpers? This update on startup looks very intrusive for many users. Do you have as projekt to include an UAC system in the next releases too?  ;D

bastya_elvtars

Quote from: Stormbringer on 02 November, 2007, 16:48:10
1) There's no other all in one script that you can make work with this (update). PPK killed them all one by one, except this awful compiled bot...  :o

This is not true. Terminator has been dropped, so has Leviathan and looks like Robocop too, I am on a hiatus developing LawMaker.

Quote from: Stormbringer on 02 November, 2007, 16:48:103) You don't need to die, there's nothing new except breaking compatibility with older scripts  :'(

The API has been reworked and it is a pleasure to develop for.
Everything could have been anything else and it would have just as much meaning.

PPK

2) New gui sucks, for what we could make in past in one click, now you need 2 or 3.  ???
Show me how you can change in old gui hubname/hubtopic/hub address/hub ports (and many other things) when hub is running with one click ;D I'm sure that you can't do that.. not with one, not with 10 or 100 clicks :P
3) You don't need to die, there's nothing new except breaking compatibility with older scripts  :'(
For you is here nothing new for years, maybe you running 0.3.3.0 build 15.25 .. because newer don't have nothing new ? 8)
4) PPK, do you work with Vista's developpers?
No.
This update on startup looks very intrusive for many users.
Many ? I know only one, you.
Do you have as projekt to include an UAC system in the next releases too?  ;D
No, no winshit only (like banning by windows serial, that requested one stupid long time ago) will be included :P

Rincewind

While there are one or two things I don't like about the new GUI, it has to be pointed out that this is mainly because it is different and I hate change  :P

Seriously though, programs which don't grow and develop, instead stagnate and die. That PPK is willing to put time and effort into continuing PX should be applauded.

In terms of scripts, there are already several scripts converted for new API and others, I'm sure, are in progress. First up, for me, is Grimoire (about 80% done) but I will then be converting all my other scripts. There are more changes to scripts required this time but it is largely the same process as the change between Lua 5.0 and Lua 5.1 (and although I wasn't here for the change from Lua 4 to Lua 5.0 I'm sure it was the same then).

For ordinary hub owners, they should not be using Development versions anyway (these are for testers and scripters), so the current lack of a fully converted all-in-one should not be a problem, but should instead use the last stable release until a new release is available.

bastya_elvtars

Quote from: Rincewind on 02 November, 2007, 18:37:47
and although I wasn't here for the change from Lua 4 to Lua 5.0 I'm sure it was the same then

Ugh, no. 4 -> 5 transition was a little bit harder. :-)

Tw?sT?d-d?v

At first i was abit taken away by the changes , but after setting test hub up and playin around
for a while , its not that hard to get used to:)

So at the end of the day       change happens , you have 2 options

1 , Use Ptokax (the free) software still
2 , Move to another 1

ruler

Just my two cents worth:

1) The new layout is better thus it allows plenty of room on the GUI for future settings also it looks tidy.

2) Because all the old scripts will no longer work with this version 'doesnt' mean its a downfall. Look more closely at the advantages by looking at the changes PPK has made. There is plenty of information provided about scripting and changes so its just a matter of doing some homework.

3) I can see that a lot of time and effort has been put in to it so i just wanted to say thanks for the excellent work, Good job on this version  :)

The Direct Connect Global Banlist get protected.

Flux

A change to PtokaX is always good for us all, especially with PPK & other script writers
helping us move forward in improving our hubs.

It is weird with the changes to the new developement PtokaX 0.3.6.0i but I am for the
new look.

I understand that no scripts will be really made till the new PtokaX is in the stable final stage.

So my thumbs are up for the continuing support for the new PtokaX

PS. any graphix design work needed please come & see me (just like i did for other members here..)

ruler

i almost forgot to mention  ;D on the hub register address box you cant right click and copy/paste/undo. not sure if it was meant to be like that but i sure miss the right click options being lazy n' all that  ;D

Tw?sT?d-d?v

There seems to be no copy/paste thoughout the whole of this version  :(

ruler

yup i just noticed  ;D this makes life a lot more difficult, it isnt april fools day is it???  ;D this is the only downfall i have found yet now on with some scripting  lol

PPK

Copy/Paste is working, what is not working is menu... and only god knows why ;D

ruler

well lets thank god for Ctrl and c  and of course Ctrl and v  ;D

amenay

I think I've stumbled upon a small bug. If I try disabling registering of hub bot through GUI (it's then removed as normal), and re-enabling it the bot isn't re-registered into the userlist unless I change the botname to something else (then I can change it back to the original name and it registers fine). Not really important, but thought I'd point it out :)

Another note, the hublist registering seems to use less CPU the first two days or so of uptime, then after that every register causes a small CPU spike. First two days I had only a 4 or 5 or so seconds of CPU time, then the third day I had over a minute of CPU time (which is still excellent). Was monitoring the registering with UDP debug tool, and it was working the same the whole time without any changes.

Tw?sT?d-d?v

In the Users/Chat Tab   the ticks dont stay in the boxs after shuting that tab down ...

PPK

Quote from: amenay on 07 November, 2007, 11:47:22
I think I've stumbled upon a small bug.
Thx, found and fixed. Same bug was in OpChat  ::)
Quote from: amenay on 07 November, 2007, 11:47:22
Another note, the hublist registering seems to use less CPU the first two days or so of uptime, then after that every register causes a small CPU spike.
It is doing always same thing, i don't found any reason why cpu usage will be different :(
Quote from: Tw?sT?d-d?v?l on 17 November, 2007, 22:28:37
In the Users/Chat Tab   the ticks dont stay in the boxs after shuting that tab down ...
No they don't stay, this frame is here only for debugging.. and debugging is not done too much times to save it  :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk