Request File Script

Request File Script

Started by phredop, 28 February, 2009, 00:27:55

Previous topic - Next topic

phredop

Hello all!

I was wondering if there exists a script that allows user to request a file.  If there doesn't I have an idea as to how I'd like it to work.  There'd be 6 commands:

!request <filename> 
---Would store a filename in a list along with the requesters name, perhaps by a bot that doesn't need to be visible, can be done by any person on hub.

!getrequestlist
---Would show the list of requested files, can be done by any person on hub

!gotrequest <filename>
---Would store a filename in a list along with the user that has the file, by either another or the same bot, whichever is easier, can be done by any person on hub.

!showgotrequestlist
---Would show the list of files that have been gotten and the user that got it can be used by all.

!removereq <filename>
---Would remove the filename and username from the request list, can only be done by masters and operators.

!removegot <filename>
---Would remove the filename and username from the got request list, can only be done by masters and operators.

If any clarification is needed with making the script, please ask, I'll probably need to consider them as well :D

Again, if theres already a script that does something similar, a name or link would be appreciated, it is kind of hard to search for a "request file" script when everyone is requesting script files.  : D

Thanks a lot all

Phred

CrazyGuy

A similar structure exists as Release/Request bots.

phredop

ooooo, awesome, Thanks CrazyGuy!  We'll do some testing over the weekend to see how well this works with what we want!

Thanks!

Phred

CrazyGuy

phredop

Hrm, we can't seem to get it to work. . . at all. . . .

I found Release/Request at this link

http://forum.ptokax.org/index.php?topic=5884.0

Any suggestions on getting it to work?

Or a link with more recent version posted?

Thanks!

Phred

CrazyGuy

That one is outdated, and I believe never converted to the new API.
Try this one instead, not exactly the same but will also do the job:

MessageBoard 2.0 LUA 5.1x [Strict][API 2]

phredop

Coolie, I have it working locally now I just need to tinker with the options to get it o my liking!

Thanks for all the help CrazyGuy!

Phred

CrazyGuy

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk