Limit download/Ban users below certain share ratio(Torrent type ratio)

Limit download/Ban users below certain share ratio(Torrent type ratio)

Started by Jaxx89, 16 November, 2011, 22:35:10

Previous topic - Next topic

Jaxx89

This has probably been mentioned here before but here it goes again.

Can we have a script that obtains the Ratio(up/down) from the users client and accordingly set options that if the users UP limit is below a certain amount, the users gets a time period which can be set in hours/days to increase their upload ratio and until then such users should not be able to download from anyone or search anything. IF their ratio is not met in the set time period then they will be banned.
This is something similar to what torrents have.

I know that this ratio can be faked too if wanted, but I know the users on my hub are not aware of that.

I ask the scripting Gods to please consider my request if possible.

Thank you.

PPK

Hub can't in any way get any info related on user transfers, that mean hub don't know what users downloading or uploading. No file names, no file sizes, nothing about how much data was transfered  ::)
"Most of you are familiar with the virtues of a programmer. There are three, of course: laziness, impatience, and hubris." - Larry Wall

Jaxx89

Thanks for the quick reply. So is there any other way that I can know who the leechers are and block them from downloading/searching anything.

EDIT: Maybe if I can limit the downloads for a particular profile Eg. 10gb/day for registered users

Jaxx89

Clients Upload limit???? What and how??? What about clients download limit??

PPK

Quote from: Jaxx89 on 16 November, 2011, 23:38:28
EDIT: Maybe if I can limit the downloads for a particular profile Eg. 10gb/day for registered users
No you can't because hub don't have and can't get that info from client!
"Most of you are familiar with the virtues of a programmer. There are three, of course: laziness, impatience, and hubris." - Larry Wall

Jaxx89

@mutor sir How do I enable the Upload limit then? Client doesnt matter.

Nando

Also DiCe! zK zion etc have that setting most clients have and yes ratio is 7:1 in normal clients but in a view it is seperated unlimited dl and limited upload :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk