Help with Webreg 1.1.1.8/PxWeb 1.0D

Help with Webreg 1.1.1.8/PxWeb 1.0D

Started by Propaganda, 31 January, 2009, 02:56:00

Previous topic - Next topic

Propaganda

Hello Mutor,

I need your help....
I have been trying for weeks now to enable the website registration section, so that people can register from my website and next if successful immediately enter the hub.
I've come a long way, as you can tell from the link I have sent you in the PM. But the registration, the one which I want to get working is not doing so at the moment.
Maybe you have some smart hints  ???

My configuration runs the following:
- DiXBoT v2.1 Build 2926 for PtokaX 0.4.1.1 on
- Windows 2003 Server sp1
- IIS 6.0

In the Webreg application, I have done the following:
- Added the correct hub address...the one I am using for testing
- Added user with valid registration (owner settings) to take care of the handling of the registration
- The following string is used: !addreguser [User] [Password] Reg
- As WAN I have entered the website url as shown in the PM link
- The server root points to the "web" dir generated by PxWeb
- Port is same as for my other websites
- dchub point to the hub address for the hub, when connected from outside my LAN
- I am using external index because of the PxWeb, it auto starts, minimizes, and starts with Windows
- I have manually created a reglog.txt file, don't think this is needed but has more to do with the registration process not working o.k. for me
- I am using the default index.htm and register.htm file, and have added a link for register.htm in Pxweb left.html file
- Nothing changed in CSS
- I am auto indexing the files folder
- ...and that's it

The problems I have run into are the following:
- first the htm files would not work, got the VERB error (405), this had to do with the fact that IIS doesn't see the files htm and html as active pages, but as static pages. I found a link on google ( http://tim-stanley.com/post/How-To-Enable-HTM-Server-Side-Include-Parsing-in-IIS.aspx ) which I thought would bring me the solution, but to no avail...I have browsed lots of pages, talking about security issues, etc etc....I have added the htm and html extention as described on the website given, this gets rid of the verb error, but it does not add a user to ptokax userlist
- Tried changing the htm to asp pages, to php pages...but result was the same, no users added
- Tried restarts, stopping/restarting webserver...etc no help....
- Also I get the following error while starting the webreg application:  Server error: 107

Hope you can help me in the right direction, really want to get this working....

Thanks for your time!!

Gr. Propaganda (Frank)

I have sent you the test website link via PM

Propaganda

Thanks Mutor for the quick reply...

Yes IIS is the webserver at my server, I have created a website on this, linked to the web dir created by pxweb.
Mmmm, could this be the 107 error I am getting, meaning that they are getting in each others way, meaning webreg server and IIS?

Gr. Frank

Propaganda

Have pxWeb pages running now with IIS and the 2 webreg running on different port....
And I get a result, although not the one I want to...but we are getting there....

Result is:

Web Registration System Failed!

The Administrator Had Been Informed Of The Error.

Come Back And Try Again In A Little While.

Is this a write towards error? Or something else...
To be honest I am already so much further then I have ever been...
Just seeing the error is already a blessing Hahaha

I will look first, but if you have any quick hints please let me know...
I will post my solutions later this weekend....

b.t.w. I have asked Snooze if there are any settings I need to look at also....in his dixbot script

Wooohooo...almost there.... ;-)

Gr. Frank

Propaganda

Understood....

I next need to be looking at this:

!addreguser [User] [Password] Reg

It might be slightly different for dixbot, which comes over ptokax...etc....

I did see that even though the above message appeared, the user was registered...

Propaganda

Do I need to say sorry for not reading?

Dear Mutor...my first try...so please give me a moment please....
And have a drink...it is weekend...even in though times!!
I did lots of trying and testing so I was close...but not there yet....hence my Q to you....
And I appreciate ur help a lot!!

Really do...

Give me a moment....
Mmmm
Bots name do you mean the Nick name I use? Which is used instead of hub-security in Ptokax?

Propaganda

Dear Mutor,

This happens on the hub:

[04:49:55] <[U2Hub]> Please visit the hub's web site at http://www.u2hub.com/
[04:50:54] <[U2Hub]> *** Grapevine successfully added test to registered users.

Grapevine is the "owner" member, who is able to add members into the hub...

The reg command is sent, but the error on the website is:

When I check the database the member has been added....

Have a look...just by going to the following website:

http://ideas.u2hub.com

next u2hub

Thanks for all ur patience Mutor!!

Gr. Frank

Propaganda

If you want more files/screen prints/logs let me know.....

Propaganda

How simple can it be when you understand the thoughts of the creator!!

Wooooohoooooo!!!

Thanks so much Mutor...!!

It worked...
test it out!!

Gr. Frank
And thanks a lot for ur help...

Staring to much makes one blind!!

Propaganda

http://ideas.u2hub.com

should be the way in.....

next u2hub menu
next the register page...

no worries...have dummy file attached, so testing does not hurt...

Propaganda

Sorry, only one registration per I.P. Address allowed.

Good....I tried to register 2nd time... ;-)

Propaganda

Do I expect you to be there??
Again those negative things...like I am not grateful!!!
Skip those Mutor!!

I am!!

I have added the port 8080 to the router....
Including the forwarding....

Will not bother you anymore tonight...
Have a good weekend, and thanks for all your help

Propaganda

Dear Mutor,

I have been testing for the last 2 weeks and have run into the following things:

- The member used for registering members both on the hub and in webreg drops of the connected members in the hub.

I first thought this might be happening because when dixbot backups or tries to updates itself it restarts the dixbot script.
After 2 weeks, I know that this should not be the reason because even when the script does not restart the webreg member drops of the connected members list in the hub.

Next I thought that it might be a firewall issue...could not be the router, port was already open (tcp only), so I opened the port also in the windows firewall...this did not bring the desired solution...member still disconnects at random times...even when the webreg program still thinks the user is connected...

When you manually click the reconnect button in webreg, the member is connected again, but any time later it is gone again...

I had a look at the debug log, but could not really make sense of it...if you need it let me know...so now I am at a loss what to do next.

Result of the disconnected member =

- Getting the following error in IE6:

Line: 83
Char 3:
Error: Access denied
Code:0

I think this also has as a result that I am unable to open the register.htm page generated by webreg.
Could this be because the browser version is to old? Or is it the java software installed?

With IE7 or latest Firefox or Opera there is no problem

Thanks again...

Gr. Frank

Propaganda

Dear Mutor,

Does it matter if the webreg user (in my case Grapevine) shows in the "present" or connected members in the hub?
Most of the times this member is not visible...because it seems to be disconnect from the hub...

Should this be like this?

Propaganda

Dear Mutor,

The profile for the user allows registration of users.
When the webreg application starts (which it does automatically on the server) the webreg user connects to the hub fine, so no problem there.
What happens after some time, and this time is very random and therefor also difficult to pinpoint the thing what might be causing it, is no longer
appearing in the members list on the hub. This happens automatically, and after pressing the connect button the webreg member is visable/connected again.
The webreg application is still connected to the hub as you can see the other members still present in the hub...and login and logout...so it 'sees' what
is happening...The admin user which is connecting using strongdc++ in this case never looses his connection.

When the webreg user looses the connection, like you mention it must be connected all the time, the webreg function on the website throws up
an error. Of course when the webreg member is connected the error is not there and it works normally.

There is no other lua script running besides dixbot.
What I was thinking is that the backup function of this script might have been the issue because this restarts the lua scripts on the hub,
but after disabling this function on dixbot the problem persisted. The webreg member disapears from the hub.

Thanks for reading..

Gr. Frank

Propaganda

I have sent you 2 pics...

Hope this helps in explaining things a little bit more....

Gr. Frank

Jorgo

Check if your ptokax allows duplicate IPs, your Webreg might be silently disconnected because of that. Also, try both localhost and local IP to connect.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk