Zion Chat only not allowed into hub.

News:

29 December 2022 - PtokaX 0.5.3.0 (20th anniversary edition) released...
11 April 2017 - PtokaX 0.5.2.2 released...
8 April 2015 Anti child and anti pedo pr0n scripts are not allowed anymore on this board!
28 September 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.1 for Windows 10 IoT released...
3 September 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.1 released...
16 August 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.0 released...
1 August 2015 - Crowdfunding for ADC protocol support in PtokaX ended. Clearly nobody want ADC support...
30 June 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.1.0 released...
30 April 2015 Crowdfunding for ADC protocol support in PtokaX
26 April 2015 New support hub!
20 February 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.0.3 released...
13 April 2014 - PtokaX 0.5.0.2 released...
23 March 2014 - PtokaX testing version 0.5.0.1 build 454 is available.
04 March 2014 - PtokaX.org sites were temporary down because of DDOS attacks and issues with hosting service provider.

Main Menu

Zion Chat only not allowed into hub.

Started by Pothead, 18 July, 2006, 15:29:35

Previous topic - Next topic

Pothead

Robocop blocks the chat only version of Zion from entering the hub, due to a corrupt tag, or something.  :o
Sample tag of what this client sends
<Z++ V:1.01,H:1/1/1>
As you can see, no Mode or Slot count, so it gets rejected.  ???

Optimus

yeps robocop blocks client for suspicious tag, cause it's stupid tag :P That's how things work.

- Optimus

6Marilyn6Manson6

Quote from: Optimus on 18 July, 2006, 20:40:23
yeps robocop blocks client for suspicious tag, cause it's stupid tag :P That's how things work.

- Optimus

I think not is correct enable this option because in numerouses private hub you can see personal tag for different user and if me in my private hub I have this users......all users are blocked :P... I think is most correct added command for enable or disable this option ^^, for example:

!blockclient on   - Enable Block Client
!blockclient of   - Disable Block Client

and in Gui added switch for it in status on or off ^^, c ya

bastya_elvtars

Come on, let's make even more stupid tags! :-P
Everything could have been anything else and it would have just as much meaning.

Alexinno

UwV

Quote from: Mutor on 18 July, 2006, 22:46:11
Here is mine...

<SendMutorAllYourMoney ++
roflmaosmtil
or...
<rollingonthefloorlaughingmyassoffslappingmythighsinllaughter++
\NL   The knowledge and skills you have achieved are meant to be forgotten so you can float comfortably in emptiness, without obstruction.
" Holly loves me,...  . "      ;o)

& don't forget, the motto is :
  -- SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL DJ'S --

bastya_elvtars

Everything could have been anything else and it would have just as much meaning.

Pothead

Quote from: Optimus on 18 July, 2006, 20:40:23
It's a chat only client.  Made for people who live in countries where uploading / downloading is illegal.  And the users don't want to be arrested.  They also don't want to loose contact with their friends, by leaving DC.  Since it's chat only, there is no Active / Passive mode, or no slots available, hence the trunciated tag.
I think the chat only version of Zion, is a really nice and considerate idea by Virus27.

Quote from: Mutor on 18 July, 2006, 22:12:21
So where's the bug?
The bug is that a perfectly valid client cannot connect to hubs, when robocop is enabled.

Optimus

Again,,,,

The problem is in the tag not the client it self.
I believe you when your saying that the client is ok bla bla.

But NTL the tag is not a valid tag. We can talk all day but that problem stays the same.

- Optimus

bastya_elvtars

Quote from: Optimus on 19 July, 2006, 17:13:04
Again,,,,

The problem is in the tag not the client it self.
I believe you when your saying that the client is ok bla bla.

But NTL the tag is not a valid tag. We can talk all day but that problem stays the same.

I totally agree, being also a mainbot developer, it's sysyphus job to support all client tags - regardless of the actual quality of the given client. I have lost my crystal ball. :-P

Tw?sT?d-d?v

Dont wish to start any arguments in here .. or put down all your hard work in making these great bots ...
but isnt it down to the hub owner to choose if these tags do or do not enter hub ?

bastya_elvtars

Quote from: (uk)jay on 19 July, 2006, 21:54:26
Dont wish to start any arguments in here .. or put down all your hard work in making these great bots ...
but isnt it down to the hub owner to choose if these tags do or do not enter hub ?

It is a matter of compatibility, not of arbitrary banning of certain clients. Speaking only for myself: the detection methods I use (which will perhaps be obsolete in the future) cannot distinguish properly between a faked tag and this tag. Might be the same issue in PtokaX (PPK?). As previously stated, keeping up with this helter-skelter among DC++ mods is impossible (it is for me, at least). We'd be the happiest if we could support any mod without hassle, but as long as DC++ mod hackers modify the tags to fit their own 'taste', this cannot be achieved.

My $0.02.

PPK

Quote from: bastya_elvtars on 19 July, 2006, 22:42:02
Might be the same issue in PtokaX (PPK?).
For PtokaX is bad tag when have less than 4 values in tag (default DC++ tag have version, mode, hubs, slots) ::)
"Most of you are familiar with the virtues of a programmer. There are three, of course: laziness, impatience, and hubris." - Larry Wall

bastya_elvtars

Quote from: PPK on 20 July, 2006, 01:14:49
Quote from: bastya_elvtars on 19 July, 2006, 22:42:02
Might be the same issue in PtokaX (PPK?).
For PtokaX is bad tag when have less than 4 values in tag (default DC++ tag have version, mode, hubs, slots) ::)

If I understand well... that's not entirely a RoboCop issue then, huh?

CrazyGuy

I'd suggest this post to be copied to Zion's own forum ( if existing ) and request for them to build a version with a proper tag.
Wether downloading is enabled or not, a mode can still be entered into the tag. As the client simply shouldn't reply to ConnectToMe and RevConnectToMe requests. Slots 0 is something thats easily added as well. If they can modify a client that way that they can strip values from the tag, they should also be able to add static values to the tag.

So I agree that this is something for the client's creators to fix, not for hubside modding

Cheers, CG

Pothead

Quote from: bastya_elvtars on 20 July, 2006, 06:46:04
If I understand well... that's not entirely a RoboCop issue then, huh?
It can connect when robocop is disabled.

Quote from: CrazyGuy on 20 July, 2006, 10:35:00
I'd suggest this post to be copied to Zion's own forum ( if existing ) and request for them to build a version with a proper tag.
Wether downloading is enabled or not, a mode can still be entered into the tag. As the client simply shouldn't reply to ConnectToMe and RevConnectToMe requests. Slots 0 is something thats easily added as well. If they can modify a client that way that they can strip values from the tag, they should also be able to add static values to the tag.

So I agree that this is something for the client's creators to fix, not for hubside modding

Cheers, CG
Since the silly laws passed in france, the Zion project has closed.
If future, if someone else does a chat only client, maybe a new mode type ?
M:N (for none).

CrazyGuy

If future, if someone else does a chat only client, maybe a new mode type ?
M:N (for none).

sounds like a good idea to me .. or M:C (for chat)

Cheers,

CG

imb

These clients seem like a really bad idea in principle. Maybe we should rename DC to DC messenger?

Pothead

Quote from: imb on 21 July, 2006, 19:09:49
These clients seem like a really bad idea in principle. Maybe we should rename DC to DC messenger?
In princable the RIAA and MPAA are a really bad idea, but they still sue people.  And get servers seized in foreign countires (in a round about manner).

Quote from: Pothead on 19 July, 2006, 17:07:04
It's a chat only client.  Made for people who live in countries where uploading / downloading is illegal.  And the users don't want to be arrested.  They also don't want to loose contact with their friends, by leaving DC.  Since it's chat only, there is no Active / Passive mode, or no slots available, hence the trunciated tag.
I think the chat only version of Zion, is a really nice and considerate idea by Virus27.

CrazyGuy

Btw, can this post be moved to its right catagory as it's not a bug in RoboCop ?
Close it even maybe ?  ::)

Typhoon

it's deff. not a bugu in Robocop , but in the incorrect $MyINFO from the client.
so now this thread is closed

*closed*

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk