Provide Password before login

Provide Password before login

Started by Dreams, 23 May, 2010, 09:39:32

Previous topic - Next topic

Dreams

Is there a script that makes you having to provide a password, like in ynhub.
Having to provide a password before you can enter the hub.
If there is a script please do notify me, cause i cant find it.
If not, can this be done? =)

Dreams

Its for a hub that users gets checked in, before they get a reg in the real hub.
So that the ops can check users share and stuff like that.

Dreams

There are some other ways of doin this like you say.
But the thing is that i dont use unreg users in my hub.
and if a users sits in a hub that doesnt do unreg users, they will get kicked for loggin on to this hub if
i do as you said now.
Thats why i was thinking of this, as i know many hubs run this with ynhub.

Dreams

Aha, so then i did missunderstand you =) but im trying the script right now.
This can work, but i dont want the user to be saved because he/she has agreed.
If the user disconnect it want he/she to have to agree again, is it possible to make this?
Maybe a line tha can be removed so that it doesnt save the users agreement?

Dreams

but shouldnt this script do so that i cant see anything untill i have agreed?
cause as it is now i can send pm:s and do stuff without even having agreed.

Dreams

Tried the updated script and it works.

But isnt it possible to fix that a user that hasnt typed "agreed", cant see anything at all but the "You must type !agree to continue using this hub. Typing anything else will cause youto be disconnected from"?
So that im not logged in yet, cause as it is now my other hub says that i'm in a public hub vile waiting on me to type agreed..
or is this alot of work or something that you find not necessery for this script?

Dreams

I didnt mean its broken =)
But as i wrote before about people who are logged in to other hubs.
They will get kicked/temp banned for only trying to get in to this hub.
That was why i asked if it could be done that a user cant be in the hub before they
type agreed, otherwise its like they are in a public hub.
Or have i missunderstod? Isnt it why the agree thing is there, to not be in a public hub?

I just meant that like in ynhub you can provide the password before you login.
And i thought that if typing agreed before you even have entered the hub, it would be
the same and it wouldnt count as a public hub? If it was possible to do it like that. =)

Dreams

Alright, then i will put this as a request for ptokax.
Thanks for you answers.
Before you answerd i thought of what you just said, that a script cant act before hub.
And im satesfied with the answers.
Thanks for your sincerity.

Dreams

I allready had my mind made up on thanking you and saying that you have done enough already =)
But out of the blue, exactly what i wanted. =)
Many thanks to you, works like a charm! if i could i would kiss you!

Dreams

Just a question, why reconnect? =)

Dreams

Okay, so i have a request for this script.
I can se that all the users that are logging in with the provided password, are saved in ptokax registry.
Could they be deleted on user disconnect maybe? like a temporary account in some way

Dreams

Quote from: Mutor on 23 May, 2010, 22:54:26
To force prompt for password.

I'm curious, can this be done before disconnect?
Or is this the only way? Just wondering if it is possible
not having to reconnect..
Or is this the only way for the hubsoft to register the user so that he/she
doesnt become a unregistred user before login?
Im not asking for this to be done, but yes, if it can be done it would be nice.

What i meant with this is if its possible to only having to type the password without beeing disconnected at all and beeing registered when he/she has typed the password, instead of beeing registered first and then typing the password.
Or if there is an automatical way of beeing reconnect directly so that the user doesnt have to reconnect themselfs?

I thought i could atleast ask you if its possible =)

And thanks Mutor for doing this script =)

Dreams

At first, i did get this script to work.
It asked for a password before i could login.
And when i entered the password, i got loged in and everything was as it should be.

But now using the script, it logs me in to the hub and askes for a password when im in the hub,
and when i enter the password, it disconnects me.. and i have to reconnect several times
to get connected again..
Dont know if its me or the script?

Dreams

Yes, i know, but belive me, i have tried many times.. and even copied the password from
the lua script so that i couldnt enter the wrong one.. but it disconnected me either way

TZB

Actually I have read half way conversation and i actually haven't tried your script Mutor, But this kid wants something like i have seen so i can just explain what he is looking for [If you have already got what you want then just ignore this post]
Mutor when we enter the HUB using our client we generally store password and nick data in preset in favorites.But if we just have a IP and Nick then when we try and login there is a POP UP dialogue box for entering the password.Untill then we dont get to enter anywhere inside the HUB premises.
I have attached a Print screen for it as well.
What am asking is rather going long way can we just make a script to Ignore the MyInfo value? Sent by the DC++ Client specially when it comes to password section in that we every time a user connects he has to enter the password,But not when he reconnects.
This is just a assumption based suggestion so please pardon me if i have missed out any technical terms or ways.

Dreams

This TZB is exactly what i hoped for.
That screenshot shows how.

If the script could do that every time a user trys to log in.

TZB

OK. I get the point. Thanks Mutor.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk