Universal Multilingual Translation Services for PtokaX API2

Universal Multilingual Translation Services for PtokaX API2

Started by Phazeus, 29 June, 2010, 21:24:24

Previous topic - Next topic

Phazeus

PhazaSoft
QuoteUniversal translation services translate.google.com
PtokaX API2. LuaSocket libs and Internet access required.

The text of room members is automatically translated to room's language by default
and sents to all (type 1), or  to language of each member individually (type 2).
If the translate type of room is 0 the room is the usual translator from language
of user to room's language by default.
Also has possibility to make machine translation of the text in main chat to language by default.
Has possibility to set any directions for fast text translation.
The text beginning on symbol "*" is not translated and sents as is.

Settings inside the main script.

>>> antimutor OpenSource edition by Phazeus <<<
Has possibility to add any supported by service translate.google.com languages for bot localisation (files TranslatorHelp.lua and TranslatorTexts.lua)

Version 1.2.0
(download .rar archive in attachment)

Dessamator

Very interesting script, at least it looks that way, although the issue with it is the bandwidth consumption. Assuming a lot of chatrooms exist and a lot of users are chatting, it will be constantly translating the text. Enabling it for main chat would have the same problems, if not more. A solution like this would be better employed by a client side script. Either way it is still a very good use of the google services.

Quote>>> antimutor OpenSource edition by Phazeus <<<
That is a very interesting statement.
Ignorance is Bliss.

Phazeus

Quote from: Dessamator on 30 June, 2010, 13:57:37
Very interesting script, at least it looks that way, although the issue with it is the bandwidth consumption. Assuming a lot of chatrooms exist and a lot of users are chatting, it will be constantly translating the text. Enabling it for main chat would have the same problems, if not more. A solution like this would be better employed by a client side script. Either way it is still a very good use of the google services.
That is a very interesting statement.
Yes, this bot only if U can presume itself such luxury (need fast Internet, PC etc.) ;) But U can allow for users only short mesages (possible sets text lenght), or sets more period betwin messages, make only 1 room (or without the rooms) and etc...

P.S. "mutor" on Russian means "not clear", "dreary", etc. Therefore "antimutor" :D

Phazeus

Dessamator

Quote from: Phazeus on 30 June, 2010, 17:57:58
Yes, this bot only if U can presume itself such luxury (need fast Internet, PC etc.) ;) But U can allow for users only short mesages (possible sets text lenght), or sets more period betwin messages, make only 1 room (or without the rooms) and etc...

P.S. "mutor" on Russian means "not clear", "dreary", etc. Therefore "antimutor" :D

Hmm, yah Mutor, is indeed "unclear " at times :). Either way, I can't find any other problems with your script except that perhaps the right click commands( for the part that allows you to choose the language)  should  be sorted. It is a bit of a task to find the proper language, but that does not really impact its main function. Either way the script should be very helpful in certain hubs, perhaps even this forum could use a feature like that.
Ignorance is Bliss.

Dessamator

Quote from: Mutor on 01 July, 2010, 02:21:09
You know full well mutor means nothing in Russian or any other language, save one.
I'm not sure what I've been unclear on. I can only think you're referring to my translation
script release in compiled format. As I see it I've been spoon feeding the masses hundreds
of scripts and to what end? What do people learn if I do it all the time. So now you'll give
me grief for one or two of all my scripts being compiled. How utterly juvenile. Especially
when you consider that very same 'hidden' code is used in no less than five other un-
compiled script by yours truly. So quit yer whining, tuck in your skirt and help yourself.
I find your tone and attitude as shamefully ungrateful for all the hard work I've put in for
direct connect users.

Well thats what I initially thought when I saw the antimutor part.

Either way while I do agree that spoon feeding is bad and I personally dislike doing it. I'm also aware that scripting is kind of like programming and as such it is not something easy to understand or even to master. Some people wouldn't be able to program even if a gun was held close to their head. If capable scripters such as yourself did not help out the masses, I'm quite sure the forum would be like an oasis in a desert. That said, humans are generally ungrateful beings.
Ignorance is Bliss.

Phazeus

Quote from: Dessamator on 01 July, 2010, 00:30:37
Hmm, yah Mutor, is indeed "unclear " at times :). Either way, I can't find any other problems with your script except that perhaps the right click commands( for the part that allows you to choose the language)  should  be sorted. It is a bit of a task to find the proper language, but that does not really impact its main function. Either way the script should be very helpful in certain hubs, perhaps even this forum could use a feature like that.
Yes, U can delete any unusefull languages from Langs Table in the main script :) This script just example with open sourse how to use such services like translate.google.com :)

P.S. OpenSource forever! :)

Phazeus

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk