oDC and PtokaX

News:

29 December 2022 - PtokaX 0.5.3.0 (20th anniversary edition) released...
11 April 2017 - PtokaX 0.5.2.2 released...
8 April 2015 Anti child and anti pedo pr0n scripts are not allowed anymore on this board!
28 September 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.1 for Windows 10 IoT released...
3 September 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.1 released...
16 August 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.0 released...
1 August 2015 - Crowdfunding for ADC protocol support in PtokaX ended. Clearly nobody want ADC support...
30 June 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.1.0 released...
30 April 2015 Crowdfunding for ADC protocol support in PtokaX
26 April 2015 New support hub!
20 February 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.0.3 released...
13 April 2014 - PtokaX 0.5.0.2 released...
23 March 2014 - PtokaX testing version 0.5.0.1 build 454 is available.
04 March 2014 - PtokaX.org sites were temporary down because of DDOS attacks and issues with hosting service provider.

Main Menu

oDC and PtokaX

Started by AMediaMan, 29 November, 2003, 20:37:46

Previous topic - Next topic

AMediaMan

I'm not sure if the post i just made worked or not so i will try again. I'm not trying to be a pest lol.

Ok i use TD4 for my hub and i use oDC for the client, the problem I'm having is that when i try to use the !help command or the !getbanlist command i get a window saying run time error and then when i click ok oDC shuts down..... so any help on this matter would be great.

Ptokax Rulz

oblivion

yep i have exactly the same problem
.:::\'][\'  r  ?  ?  ?  ?    :: ][  ?  ?  ?  r  ?  ?  r  ?  \'][\'  ?  ?::::.    

hub address::     oblivion.servebeer.com

the hub

AMediaMan

So do you have any ideal whats wrong ? I am totally lost.

i have however noticed that dc++ latest version works fine but i would rather use oDC if it is at all possible.

oh i forgot one thing lol i am using the PtokaX bot that came with the hubware..... sorry

MrZ

Hia:))

I think this is a bug/problem with the latest releases: 5.212 & 5.211.

Go back to the 5.2 version u will see it hepls.

Heard rumours that there will be a new release soon :))

Z ya
Always remember that you are unique... just like everyone else :-D

pHaTTy

Hmmm thats weird ive not had no problems with 5.212
Resistance is futile!

Typhoon

the !help bug is only in oDC 5.211 and IS FIXED in oDC 5.212 !!

AMediaMan

Thank you for the imput ..... Does anybody know if 5.212 is out yet? As far as 5.2 ive heard there was some kinda of security issue but it did seem to work fine for me,with or without Ptokax so i will use that until the new version is out thnx again you have helped a bunch.

I still think PtokaX rulzzzzzzz lol

AMediaMan

Ok I'm, back hahaha it seems that the new version of oDC 5.212 is out....... Thnx again.

AMediaMan

Bummer i just installed oDC 5.212 and i get the same runtime error. Any other ideals.

MrZ

It worked fine for me for some time then started to crash :(  I was getting tired of the crashes and went back to 5.2. I have'nt had any problems with the 5.2 and thats why i think i dont need to upgrade, but someone said they were hacked :))

There was an issue with the applikation to crash at stating when trying to get the autoupdate, then there was this thing with the commands.

I still think oDC is the best so i stick to it but i dont have time to try fix an applikation that dosnt works.

Z ya folks :))

AMediaMan

Thnx Mr.Z for all the info you've been a great help. I agree that oDC is the best as well and i only hope that some day they will make a compatible version for PtokaX for they both rule!!!

MrZ

Anytime AMediaMan, anytime i could help i try :))

There have been talking about a new oDC version, and i'm looking after it all the time and as soon as i find it i will tell in here :))

First Glance :))   <--- looook

Z ya :)

IceCoder

The bug isn't fixed in 5.212

PPK

It's bug in 0.211 and 0.212.
Crashing if receive chat message like this

Bug is missing anything after >
.. it's easy to go to any hub where is more oDC users and crash oDC clients :D
"Most of you are familiar with the virtues of a programmer. There are three, of course: laziness, impatience, and hubris." - Larry Wall

AMediaMan

Hey hey,
   oDC 5.21 works fine with PtokaX TD4 anything after so far gives errors... soooooooo whats with this new client Black DC ive downloaded it and it looks great is there any special bugs i might need to know about ? If so can someone post them for me.
                     Thnx,
                        AMediaMan

PS. One thing i have noticed with Black DC is that i cant seem to be on more than one hub. If theres something ive missed please do tell hahaha thnx for all the support.

Ptokax still rulzzzzzzz !!!

bolamix

BlackDC was adapted from NMDC, so yes, it can connect to one hub at a time. Can be a nice feature, except that so many people are used to be on several hubs..... I like it though.
Sharing is of the essence!

Live music >> Aiwadirock! live music hub
PtokaX knowledge >> The PtokaX Wiki

AMediaMan

hey hey,

Im not knocking the program any i do like it infact it like it alot. But yes i am used to being in 3 hubs at a time and there is some other little features that i would like as well ...... like the user name short cut you know type 3 letters and the tab button finishes it for you simple but very helpful. But hey maybe someday hahaha
besides i will still use it from time to time.

AMediaMan

MrZ

Damit this starts again with the 5.3 upgrade :((

Z ya

AMediaMan

you are so right Mr.Z, which i find to be to bad because i really like the 5.3 version of oDC..... well maybe some day they will get it to work right.

AMediaMan

Leo

heh Problem in oDC 5.3 is one : if you type !getbanlist then oDC crash , but !help work fine , and work fine with all commands only oDC 5.2 , last versions crash .

AMediaMan

Hey Leo there is one more bug in oDC 5.3 not that its a command or that there is any reason to it but it will give everyone an error that has the oDC 5.212 and up.

If you hit the space bar and then hit enter without any text you get the same error as well. Plus others in the hub will get it tooo even if they didnt do it. But soon they will fix it i hope lol hope.

AMediaMan

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk