PtokaX vs Y-Hub - Page 2

News:

29 December 2022 - PtokaX 0.5.3.0 (20th anniversary edition) released...
11 April 2017 - PtokaX 0.5.2.2 released...
8 April 2015 Anti child and anti pedo pr0n scripts are not allowed anymore on this board!
28 September 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.1 for Windows 10 IoT released...
3 September 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.1 released...
16 August 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.0 released...
1 August 2015 - Crowdfunding for ADC protocol support in PtokaX ended. Clearly nobody want ADC support...
30 June 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.1.0 released...
30 April 2015 Crowdfunding for ADC protocol support in PtokaX
26 April 2015 New support hub!
20 February 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.0.3 released...
13 April 2014 - PtokaX 0.5.0.2 released...
23 March 2014 - PtokaX testing version 0.5.0.1 build 454 is available.
04 March 2014 - PtokaX.org sites were temporary down because of DDOS attacks and issues with hosting service provider.

Main Menu

PtokaX vs Y-Hub

Started by Flux, 25 October, 2003, 12:48:50

Previous topic - Next topic

lazyj189

I stuck with NMDC for the longest time.  It took quite a bit to get me to convert over totally to Ptokax.  Now that I have, I will admit that it does significantly more than the NMDC hub did.  I love scripts, I must have scripts.  Yhub doesnt support scripts, so it doesnt support me.  besides, I'm in no hurry to change over to another hub system (other than for ptokax upgrades), which I will do gladly so that my damn hub on my damn connection (1.5 down, 256K up) on my damn computer (1.2AMD Athalon, 384MB mem) will actually get me back up to the 200-250 users I believe in my own head I should be able to do.  In short and sweet, I'm with ptokax, if they want someone to help beta test, I will help gladly, and evennn if not, I dont care, I DONT WANNA CHANGE HUB SOFTWARE AGAIN!  

Thank you for your time to read my silly and ventful post, you may now resume your regulary scheduled lives.

?(  I have no Idea why I just babbled like that.  ?(
DivX Dominion Hub Owner
3 years running
DivX Dominion Hub

ptaczek

Hey friends, isn't that quite normal that ppl like a change? There is a new toy and ptokax is kind of old song. There were certain consequences few weeks/months ago and yhub has filled the gap. That's it. Yoshi is young agile coder. Im a little older man with a lot of incumbecies :) PtokaX continues with it's own tempo and will do so for as long as there will be some point of sense to do that.
-ptaczek-

This whole physical universe is a hologram.
[Cosmosis - Contact: The First Step]

pHaTTy

well as long as im around there is always a point of continuing ;)

heheh :o)
Resistance is futile!

raz

ptaczak, tempos can increase and and a person can feel young when they r old. even though it is taken time, i will always be here. i have tried y-hub, nmdc etc.. but ptokax is better cause u can put ur own scripts in which is good especially when u wnat 2 add a game or soemthing. if u lot add a game 2 da software ppl might like it even more. :D

raz

yo phatty i am wid u man. aslong as me and phatty is there is always a point continuing. ptokax will live 4 eva.
 :D

pHaTTy

hehhe yep, but yep there will alwyas be a point i will always get peeps using ptokax, all my network uses ptokax, and id kick them off if they used YHub, its ptokax only :o)
Resistance is futile!

raz

its ptokax all the way. yo phatty wat do u think of a game on ptokax. it will be phat. ptaczak should put it on. :D

Skrollster

(uk-kingdom)pH?tt? i have to say that you are very narrow minded... why don't you stick to the real original?? NMDCH????

with ptokax ppl dared to test new hubservers, that also means other new servers like YHub and DCH++ verlihub, etc.... and it was all thanks to ptokax at least imho...

competiton is good for development.. keep it up ptaczek..

xokas

im a n00b around here but i think the same as Skrollster ! when we have competition of some kind more ideas came to the paper and we can improve with new stuff and who knows?improve ptokax maybe?of course it will improve! im sure that ptaczek has is tricks under the sleeve! lets wait and see who rocks in tha end! im 500% faithful to ptokax! keep up the good work ptaczek! :)
xokas over&out

BlazeXxX

Skrollster: I don't beleive this is our old Skrollster... Must be someone else using his nick  ?(

kepp

My Opinion:

I LOVE PtokaX, Yes!

But i prefer Y-Hub, Stable, Less CPU usage and memory.
Just face it, Y-hub is better than PtokaX at the moment.

2-3 months ago, Allmost all hubs had PtokaX.

Today, you would be very surprissed if you found one.

When PtokaX 0.3.3 is released, I won't doubt a second to try it, If it's better than Y-hub or equal to it
I'll change back to PtokaX.
Otherwise i'll stay with Y-hub.
Guarding    

AlwaysConnected

QuoteOriginally posted by (uk-kingdom)pH?tt?
hehhe yep, but yep there will alwyas be a point i will always get peeps using ptokax, all my network uses ptokax, and id kick them off if they used YHub, its ptokax only :o)

Nice network you donnot have a free will there :D

[ES]latinmusic

QuoteOriginally posted by BlazeXxX
Skrollster: I don't beleive this is our old Skrollster... Must be someone else using his nick  ?(
He is him, and have the good brain as always

xokas

i think that sometimes by some casualites people changes and even Skrollster is human and by that possible to change! i have experienced it in my personal life! just to say that people changes but they are like always, just a little change in they way to be!but hey that's life! :)

AlwaysConnected

QuoteOriginally posted by xokas
i think that sometimes by some casualites people changes and even Skrollster is human and by that possible to change! i have experienced it in my personal life! just to say that people changes but they are like always, just a little change in they way to be!but hey that's life! :)

i even see it in xokas :baby:

Greets ac :evil:

xokas

AC i put ya in probation! :P  :D  don't ya mess with me :)

Skrollster

QuoteOriginally posted by BlazeXxX

I'm still the same old me.. not afraid of testing new possibilitys in life... and i can't spell now either...

if you want proof, sorry, can't give you any, not yet atleast, have a week or 15 before i can release Glory Securitaz 1.9 for pt 0.3.3.0 then you see it you will know that i'm the old Skrollster.. :)

BlazeXxX

Hehe.. Ok I am happy that your are still with us :D Was just curious where our clever Skrollster is gone :)

[PT]CableGuy

QuoteOriginally posted by ptaczek
...The 0.330 version will be also more carefull to the memory and the CPU. According to Romulus, new debug build of 0.330 with huge script and userstatistics is capable to handle more than 1100 users on P2/400MHz without lag and uses significantly less cpu than any previous version!...
WHOOOOWWWW !!!!
P2/400MHz ???? YOU RULEZ ptaczek !!!!
I can't wait for that version after the 4.99 dissapointment :o(

ptaczek

heh, me too ;) But for now, there are bugs that have to be killed ;)
-ptaczek-

This whole physical universe is a hologram.
[Cosmosis - Contact: The First Step]

mOrrI

Just one thing...

PtokaX Rulezzzz

Sure it has bugs and memory problems....

but HELLOO... please tell me a software bug free... :p
problem free....

one last thing (ok this makes two things...),

I really admire the work of ptaczek....

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK :p

Masterload

just have to say this i agree with (uk-kingdom)pH?tt?
ptokax is the dc hub !!!
this hub can have its own mind in scripts
the yhub is a boring hubsoft no scripting no backbone !
i have a smal newbie hub just to start of simpel myselfe
a'lot of help in there say +newbie/+cmd/+so on...
cant do it in yhub no scripts in there.....

ptaczek,  respect to you and all who help you developing this great software

ptokax rules( and i stil use it !)
magmarnet

visit me at home....

bastsweden

Quoteye ive noticed all they so called ptokax users, the ones they say ptokax rocks, its the best and then they turn there back and use YHub pis*** me right off :@

i feel so angry now brrrrrrrrr, wish i had not read this topic

Well u can be as angry as u want. But i did move over to Y-hub becaus it never did get out a new version of PtokaX and the one that where out just did have alot of probb.

So if it will get out a new good version i will go over to PtokaX once again without a blink.

But i havent seen annything in the last 6 month and im still waiting

//Still A PtokX fan
:D  im back  :D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk