Mean_Machine - Page 11

News:

29 December 2022 - PtokaX 0.5.3.0 (20th anniversary edition) released...
11 April 2017 - PtokaX 0.5.2.2 released...
8 April 2015 Anti child and anti pedo pr0n scripts are not allowed anymore on this board!
28 September 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.1 for Windows 10 IoT released...
3 September 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.1 released...
16 August 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.0 released...
1 August 2015 - Crowdfunding for ADC protocol support in PtokaX ended. Clearly nobody want ADC support...
30 June 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.1.0 released...
30 April 2015 Crowdfunding for ADC protocol support in PtokaX
26 April 2015 New support hub!
20 February 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.0.3 released...
13 April 2014 - PtokaX 0.5.0.2 released...
23 March 2014 - PtokaX testing version 0.5.0.1 build 454 is available.
04 March 2014 - PtokaX.org sites were temporary down because of DDOS attacks and issues with hosting service provider.

Main Menu

Mean_Machine

Started by Snowman, 12 October, 2003, 11:35:38

Previous topic - Next topic

Cboy301

Ok so do i get the full version or the update below it and will that update to the new 2.1.2.2. Sorry dont mean to be a bother just new to it.  :))
Thanks,
       Mikey

Visit My Hub At kickincountry.no-ip.com

acethecase

np M8 :)

jupp that?s it , just take the update it will update to current V.

Snowman

Cboy301:
First: Welcome onboard :))
Second: acethecase is right. As long as your current version is at least the version mentioned in the "valid for" it's enough to get the update and overwrite the files needed. The update doesn''t mess with your current settings.

MrZ:
Odd thing. Lets hope the errors never show up again :)

Snowman
\"The day Microsoft makes a product that doesn\'t suck, it will be a vacuumcleaner\"

Mean-Machine Homepage

MrZ

Yup Snowman lets hope that it was just me that had wrong, maybe i saw them b4 i did the latest update.

No errors yet tho :))

Z ya
Always remember that you are unique... just like everyone else :-D

Snowman

Hmm.... Should I take it as GOOD news when no one writes here at the moment? :))
No errors? Then something MUST be wrong :))

Snowman
\"The day Microsoft makes a product that doesn\'t suck, it will be a vacuumcleaner\"

Mean-Machine Homepage

acethecase

hehe dont say like that, all hell can brake lose  :D  :D

Upptime: 2 days
but not so much users to test the hub properly
up to 50--
No error to report!

Snowman- Is it posible to put in !hstat & !hconfig

!hstats for Hubstatistic / memory use / ppl vissited hub and more...
!hconfig - Hubconfiguration / like it says check out how the hub is configurate..

And one more thing, what about NMDC & NMDC2 -NeoModus client. thay cant come in or M_M is not letting them,
are all nmdc client users bad  8)

and for finnish is M_M looking for exe. instaled files !
thats it for now ty for all ur help Take Care!!

MrZ

Hia:))

Yes its fine over here, but there is errors too,,hehe just thought i would give ya a brak pal.. here ya go

Syntax error: attempt to perform arithmetic on a nil value
stack traceback:
   1:  function `dodccheckonconnect' at line 1197 [file `G:\Kopia av Wurlitzer\scripts\Mean_Machine.lua']
   2:  function `NewUserConnected' at line 1085 [file `G:\Kopia av Wurlitzer\scripts\Mean_Machine.lua']

Syntax error: attempt to call field `func' (a number value)
stack traceback:
   1:  function `OnTimer' at line 3356 [file `G:\Kopia av Wurlitzer\scripts\Mean_Machine.lua']

Z ya :)))

phalon

Hi...
Thank you for a great bot,

I am using 2.1.2.2 but am not able to allow oDC 5,3 users to enter the hub, could you help me accive this please? :baby:

Is it possible to configure MM to "only" allow certain blocks of IP no. I am using another bot for allowing only
Icelandic IP to my hub but if MM had this feature it
would greatly add to it?s perfection.

btw I have translated MM to Icelandic, where should I send it?

MrZ

phalon,,, no ofence pal but I have explained many times in this forum about the oDC 5.3, pls use the searh in here b4 next time :)) again,,,

mod for the oDC tag

or if its just you self or dont wanna mod, you could just add <++  to your description.

To "only" allow certain blocks of IP you could modify the Guarding.P2P.

Z ya

Snowman

acethecase:
!hconfig??? Don't you have all the settings in the !settings & !settings2 commands? Or what are you looking for?
I COULD make some stats... Can't do memory use though... Not supported (As far as I know)...
NMDC & NMDC is not allowed as standard as they don't have a standardized $MYINFO line. You CAN give them (And all other clients) access by setting "!setdccheck 0".
And last... :) No MM do not look for any exe files.

MrZ:
I have found the reason for ONE of the errors you mention (I think) BUT
2:  function `NewUserConnected' at line 1085 [file `G:\Kopia av Wurlitzer\scripts\Mean_Machine.lua']
puzzles me... There is only ONE word in that line: end
1:  function `OnTimer' at line 3356 [file `G:\Kopia av Wurlitzer\scripts\Mean_Machine.lua']
also gives me problems... I THINK it's caused by a problem in the beta (not sure though)... If I correct this line then the timer functions stop working so it HAS to be present.

phalon:
Welcome aboard :))
Thank you for your icelandic translation. It is now online on MM's homepage :)
Regarding oDC5.3... MrZ is right... There is a modded version of it online, although I wouldn't think it is the right way to solve the problem. It SHOULD be solved by adjusting hubsoft and scripts to accept the new tag (Just my opinion). I am a little confused by your problems though, as MM should accept the new tag correctly... It works on a hub I'm Master on... I'll look into it though.

NOTE!!!
It WILL be some days (maybe a week or so) before I get on with the script again as I just lost quite a big amount of data due to harddisk failure. Want to get as much of the data restored again before I do anything else...

Phew!!! What a novell ;)

Snowman

Mean-Machine Homepage

phalon

MrZ:
None taken  :D

I will ask "my" users to use oDC 5.212 instead of 5.3 until the problem
is resolved, No offence MrZ: but I do not like the
solution of a modded-soft on my hub, that is excatly
what I am trying to alianate from the hub as some of
them can "freeze" slots and "see to much" among other things.

About the IP "problem" I was suggesting an addon, I do
not have the programing experiance to modify, I leave that to you guys  :))

Thank you for your reply?s guys, I appriciate the help!

Snowman

phalon:
Ups... I missed the part with the IP's in my last reply :)
MrZ is correct.
"Guarding.P2P" is residing in the Mean_Machine subdir and is for editing in an ordinary text editor like notepad. Just add the range you want to block at the bottom of the file, using the same syntax as used with the rest of the entries. e.g.:
:-
Example:
NetPD:207.155.128.0-207.155.255.255
Remember that the script will block ALL ip's between first_ip and last_ip, both included.
Remember to use the "!setipguard " command to activate the blocker.

Snowman

Mean-Machine Homepage

Woody

Hi, just recently started my own hub, using the script Mean Machine  :)

It is a great script and really easy to use!

I have a question to ask??

When you get your list of commands up you recieve some via PM and others appear in main, is there anyway of stopping that so you recieve them all in PM??

Thankyou for producing a great script, and i look forward to seeing your reply  :)  :)

Woody

Snowman

Woody:
Hi there and welcome :))
The reason why some of the commands are in main and some in PM is that I have used the same help-command as PtokaX does. This causes the !help to show as follows: The ones written in main are built into PtokaX and the ones in PM are from MM (Mean_Machine). If you usually don't use those commands use +help instead. Then only the commands listed in the PM will be shown.

Regarding the way they are listed... Just edit the correct files. The files that lists the commands are called "commands***.txt" where *** is the userlevel. The files reside in the Mean_Machine subfolder.

Snowman

Mean-Machine Homepage

Woody

Thanx alot Snowman  :))  :))

Great Script

GRRRRRR Just changed all commands***** using "!" prefix, gotta go back and change em to "+" now LOL

MrZ

Hiaa:))

Snowman,,, Dont wurry for me pal, I dont (hihi). If its the beta doing this then you know what you have in front of you. It dosnt bother me a bit :))
But i dont find just end on that line pal.. What part do the thing starts counting from ??? depends on how the beta count it i think, do you know? I dont, pls explan if you do

phalon,,, No affend at all, I just wanted to give you a clue, but do take a look at the mod, it cant freze slots or anything, it just do the tag thing. But i agree I dont recomend this mod to my users either..to mutch work with that,,hehe but as a OP you better know whats out there,, look at it

Woody,,, Welcome online pal.....There is no need to change them all :)) Snowman have maked that easy for us. Look in start of the lua file,, look after --> prefix = "!"
and change it to whatever you want, and restart the script.
And i think you and your OP DO want those built in commands that are in PtokaX (them you see in main). I have copied them inside the textfiles so all shows in the MM help window, remember they are diff for diff profiles and its kinda hard because you have to do it all over everytime there will be an update...

hehe a novel, he no sh*t

Z ya all

Woody

i have changed the prefix to "+" in the .lua

but when i try to go +settings up - nothing happens - any suggestions??

Woody

Woody

Is there any way of turning the ptokaX standard commands off?

MrZ

Woody,,, after shanged the prefix in the lua, did you restart the script?? - - Works fine here :))

No there is no way to turn of the built in commands in PtokaX. In the beta there is a option to change prefix too so i guess that will still be there in next release.

Z ya

daysgone

Hi.
Thank you for great script..
I am just wondering what is tagwall..
Is there anybody who let me know?
thanks

Snowman

daysgone:
Hi and welcome :)
Tagwall is a place where all users in the hub can enter messages or news or whatever they want. Only OP's+ can delete it all again.

Woody:
I can see that MrZ gives you all the answers needed :)
Keep it up MrZ :))

Snowman

Mean-Machine Homepage

gizmo

hmm i tried to have the script in ptokax 0.3.3.0 but this error comes whemn a user connect

Syntax error: bad argument #1 to `strlower' (string expected, got nil)
stack traceback:
   1:  function `strlower' [C]
   2:  function `NewUserConnected' at line 1036 [file `C:\Program\Ptokax\scripts\Mean_Machine.lua']

Snowman

gizmo:
That's odd?!?!
If I'm correct then the same version is used by MrZ and I don't think he has any problems at the moment.
I can only think of one reason for that error. The user that tried to get in didn't have a nick (nil).

Snowman

Mean-Machine Homepage

MrZ

Yess Snowman,, ur right its the same version 0.3.3.0.

And ive searched try this site an no msg like that around here,, sorry Gizmo

Z ya

Pedro

Snowman, I spent all night reading your expoits on how you got to this version, so I decided to change from the neomodus hub and opt for ptokax running mean machine only 2.1.2.2

Although I am set as Master I still get this message "[14:17] This hub is running PtokaX DC Hub 0.3.2.6 TestDrive 4  (UpTime: 0 hours, 0 minutes)
[14:17] *** Your nick was already taken, please change to something else!"
I tried to use the !drop command and it still does not work, all my other ops can get in and I can also get in with another nick I set as operator..

Any ideas..

Pedro
if it aint broke, open it up and find out why...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk