Dedicated P2P Hosting: PtokaX\YnHub

News:

29 December 2022 - PtokaX 0.5.3.0 (20th anniversary edition) released...
11 April 2017 - PtokaX 0.5.2.2 released...
8 April 2015 Anti child and anti pedo pr0n scripts are not allowed anymore on this board!
28 September 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.1 for Windows 10 IoT released...
3 September 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.1 released...
16 August 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.0 released...
1 August 2015 - Crowdfunding for ADC protocol support in PtokaX ended. Clearly nobody want ADC support...
30 June 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.1.0 released...
30 April 2015 Crowdfunding for ADC protocol support in PtokaX
26 April 2015 New support hub!
20 February 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.0.3 released...
13 April 2014 - PtokaX 0.5.0.2 released...
23 March 2014 - PtokaX testing version 0.5.0.1 build 454 is available.
04 March 2014 - PtokaX.org sites were temporary down because of DDOS attacks and issues with hosting service provider.

Main Menu

Dedicated P2P Hosting: PtokaX\YnHub

Started by Corayzon, 05 November, 2005, 04:04:32

Previous topic - Next topic

Corayzon

Hey everyone,

Im looking at starting another company in my group for dedicated P2P hosting. Ive been looking into this for quite some time and now i can offer prices that are  cheaper then fmservers prices:

125 users = $9.95 a month
250 users = $15.95 a month
500 users = $24.95 a month
1000 users = $39.95 a month
2000 users = $69.95 a month
4000 users = $119.95 a month

All clients receive full server management with ftp access to update hub information.

Before i start any such service for the P2P community i need to be assured that i will have enough clients to pay for the first months costs.

So i ask, Would you pay these rates for a fantasic dedicated host?

[ZD][Psycho]

QuoteOriginally posted by Corayzon
So i ask, Would you pay these rates for a fantasic dedicated host?
Where would the servers be located?

The price for a 4,000 user hub seems quite cheap considering the amount of bandwidth a 4,000 user hub could take. Are you sure you can offer 4,000 users for $120 a month? Have you taken into consideration the amount of resources (CPU+bandwidth) a 4,000 user hub could take?
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by rulers as useful." -Seneca

Corayzon

QuoteOriginally posted by [ZD][Psycho]
Where would the servers be located?
San Francisco

QuoteOriginally posted by [ZD][Psycho]
The price for a 4,000 user hub seems quite cheap considering the amount of bandwidth a 4,000 user hub could take. Are you sure you can offer 4,000 users for $120 a month? Have you taken into consideration the amount of resources (CPU+bandwidth) a 4,000 user hub could take?
All clients that request 4000+ users will be completly dedicated on their own server.

[ZD][Psycho]

QuoteOriginally posted by Corayzon
All clients that request 4000+ users will be completly dedicated on their own server.
How much bandwidth will the server have?
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by rulers as useful." -Seneca

Corayzon

4000+ users will require around an 150-200mbit connection. And around 2-3TB of transfer a month.

This isnt something we will offer until we have a strong enough client base. As the more servers we require the cheaper our costs become if our provider can keep up with our requirements.

This also means once we have a few clients, the current prices will also drop and become cheaper because our costs arnt as much.

Also keeping in mind, this isnt about making money for the partners in this project.

Quattro

is it wise to place such servers in america?
It's legal to run a DC hub but my guess is that they still confiscate the servers...
quattro-place.no-ip.com:1418
PtokaX DC Hub 0.3.3.0 build 17.09 Not Running :(
wdp10.no-ip.info:1412
DCH++ v1.0-Release (Plugin API v1.0) Special Quattro? Build
For DCH scripting and plugins

[ZD][Psycho]

QuoteOriginally posted by Quattro
is it wise to place such servers in america?
It's legal to run a DC hub but my guess is that they still confiscate the servers...
I'd definately rather have the server in another country other than America.

Corayzon

Im just gonna have to look into this a little deaper and make sure my providers understand what the their services will be used for.

Im also thinking, rather then charging per usercount, which is hard to regulate when hub owners can change the values:- ill be charging per mbit.

Ill work it out with the current providers prices and have them up here in the next few days.

And btw, ill try togo another country rather then the us, because im not the fondest of them myself

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk