URGENT HELP REQUIRED

URGENT HELP REQUIRED

Started by ?StIfFLEr??, 16 November, 2008, 05:46:58

Previous topic - Next topic

?StIfFLEr??

Please help me with a small script .
When A user types +read in main chat i want them to see the output of freshstuffs for which the command is !releases.
In short when a user types +read in main chat it should trigger command !releases and disply the output of freshstuffs.
I had to close message board due to spamming by users and use freshstuffs but noobs of my hub after informing also use +read
can anyone help me out please its urgently required.

bastya_elvtars

If you are using FreshStuff, you are able to change the commands to your liking. Check out scripts/freshstuff/config/main.lua and change the Commands.Show variable.
Everything could have been anything else and it would have just as much meaning.

?StIfFLEr??

thanks busty its successfully done thanks for the help.

?StIfFLEr??

Actually mutor you are right but for past 3 years old hubs and new hubs have been using message board to post new releases but now a days people have been spamming on it with all possible non sense.
There have been no problem with message board but problem with noobs in my hub.

bastya_elvtars

Quote from: Mutor on 16 November, 2008, 17:17:17
That being said Message Board is NOT a release bot and never was.

I also wondered why he replaced that with FreshStuff but instead I provided support because it is faster. :P

By the way, FreshStuff has no protection against spamming and advertisements.
Everything could have been anything else and it would have just as much meaning.

?StIfFLEr??

I already replied the reason busty above.

bastya_elvtars

Couldn't agree more. Unregistered users should be 'read-only'.

?StIfFLEr??

Well i think my problem was solved long back there are no more issues regarding spams after bustya's help for changing the command.
But then too thanks a lot everyone for your precious time and reply for my post.
I would surely look forward to mutors and Bustya's post and try to work out some more security against spamming.
Thanks a lot freinds.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk