An odd hub problem......

News:

29 December 2022 - PtokaX 0.5.3.0 (20th anniversary edition) released...
11 April 2017 - PtokaX 0.5.2.2 released...
8 April 2015 Anti child and anti pedo pr0n scripts are not allowed anymore on this board!
28 September 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.1 for Windows 10 IoT released...
3 September 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.1 released...
16 August 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.0 released...
1 August 2015 - Crowdfunding for ADC protocol support in PtokaX ended. Clearly nobody want ADC support...
30 June 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.1.0 released...
30 April 2015 Crowdfunding for ADC protocol support in PtokaX
26 April 2015 New support hub!
20 February 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.0.3 released...
13 April 2014 - PtokaX 0.5.0.2 released...
23 March 2014 - PtokaX testing version 0.5.0.1 build 454 is available.
04 March 2014 - PtokaX.org sites were temporary down because of DDOS attacks and issues with hosting service provider.

Main Menu

An odd hub problem......

Started by *??G??*, 12 March, 2004, 20:35:30

Previous topic - Next topic

*??G??*

hi all.....i've been running a hub for quiet a while now and never had any real problems.  im running ptokax 326 testdrive 4.....problem is, the other day i lost all users, and im not sure what the problem is......as far as i know, no one is getting in.  i figured my isp might have tried to block the port or something so i tried using different ports, but still nothing, i have even gone as far as removing all my scripts and even trying different hub software and still nothing....i haven't made any changes to any settings so im not sure what the problem could be.....everything else i use that need certain ports open seem to work fine...including dc++.......i have also scanned my comp for virus's, which their wasn't any......so would anyone happen to know what could be the problem?

+--**T?T?? X???m?**--+   @    titanxtreme.kicks-ass.net

plop

odd problem indeed.
couple things you can try.
1) check if xp/2k3 (if you run that) have enabled the firewall, may sound weird but i've seen it happen that it spontanious got enabled.
2) try ports above 10.000 or ports like 8080, 23/22, 112.

plop
http://www.plop.nl lua scripts/howto\'s.
http://www.thegoldenangel.net
http://www.vikingshub.com
http://www.lua.org

>>----> he who fights hatred with hatred, drives the spreading of hatred <----<<

*??G??*

thnx for the info.....anything is worth a try at the moment

KX250

i have also had that problem about 2 weeks ago..

when users tryed connecting to the hub it said: x User removed..so i tryed changing my ports,but still the same thing when i connected to the hub on another port.

after 2 hours of trying every port i decided to use my router to change my ip. wen't to no-ip.com changed my ip in there connected to my hub first time :P

Flux

I have helped many people with the same prob too. I found that ther windows xp firewall was activated as they were trying to sort out home networking.

This happens alot with xp so the xp firewall will automatically will active if you are sorting network cards and settings and when the firewall activates it just throws everyone out and stops them from connecting the hub...
? Official HoD Website - http://www.houseofdance.net
? Official HoD Hub Community -  hodhub.dyndns.org:2007

*??G??*

alright.....i checked the xp firewall and it was still off, tried using different ports and when i try to enter my hub i get "connection refused by target machine".....happens everytime except for when i change the port back to 411....guess i will let it run for a few days and see if things start to go back to normal.

Devastator

kk dunno if you have a router but sumtimes ur internal ip changes so u have 2 change ur router settings of ur internal ip.

or (this 1s quite obvious but a lot of newbies (not callin u a newbie m8, jus a lot of ppl i've dealth with r) do miss this one) ur external ip may have changed and u've not updated ur //www.no-ip.com mask?

^^^ that one mayb a silly one 2 say, yet a lot off peepz miss it out...

i'm sorri if this doesnt help and am sorri if wat i've sed dnt works m8

all the best

Devastator
(? ?.??.->PLOP DEFINATELY 4 MOD!!!<-.??.???)

*??G??*

i use dyndns.org and directupdate to make sure everything stays up to date....been using if for over a year i think and has always done well for me, but just to be on the safe side i checked and doubled checked all the settings.....everything looks to be right for the connections to be made, maybe its just a bug and will pass.  but thanks for the help anyways.

*??G??*

ok.....i think i have narrowed it down to that my isp blocked the port 411 that i was using for my hub and so i have now changed it to 4411....problem is now i cant enter my hub, but if i change it back to 411 it will let me in......anyone know why?

bolamix

Did you add ":4411" at the end of the hubaddress in your dc++ (or whatever client u use)?
And can your users now connect to your hub from outside?
Sharing is of the essence!

Live music >> Aiwadirock! live music hub
PtokaX knowledge >> The PtokaX Wiki

*??G??*

i haven't tried adding :4411 to the end of the address, but will give it a try and after letting the hub run with the 4411 setting all night i have noticed that people are now getting back into the hub  :D

*??G??*

thnx for all the help guys.....finally got it working.....i had to put in the hub address for me as 127.0.0.1:4411

thnx again

[NL]trucker

*??G??*

i see you are using internal ip to connect to your comp. why?

if settings in router are correct you can use the ip from your isp to connect to your hub also .

that way you have better control over search for fake users.
Owner of FunnyHub

Funyhub.no-ip.info
       Forum Master of

*??G??*

hmmm......not sure.....when i first started my hub this was the only way i found for people to connect, im sure they were other ways of doing it, but i just found this and stuck with it ever since....didnt see any point in messing with something that was already working for me....but im up for new ideas if they aint too complicated on my part....lol

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk