Bash.dot.Org.Bot.v.1.0.LUA5-ZD

News:

29 December 2022 - PtokaX 0.5.3.0 (20th anniversary edition) released...
11 April 2017 - PtokaX 0.5.2.2 released...
8 April 2015 Anti child and anti pedo pr0n scripts are not allowed anymore on this board!
28 September 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.1 for Windows 10 IoT released...
3 September 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.1 released...
16 August 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.0 released...
1 August 2015 - Crowdfunding for ADC protocol support in PtokaX ended. Clearly nobody want ADC support...
30 June 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.1.0 released...
30 April 2015 Crowdfunding for ADC protocol support in PtokaX
26 April 2015 New support hub!
20 February 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.0.3 released...
13 April 2014 - PtokaX 0.5.0.2 released...
23 March 2014 - PtokaX testing version 0.5.0.1 build 454 is available.
04 March 2014 - PtokaX.org sites were temporary down because of DDOS attacks and issues with hosting service provider.

Main Menu

Bash.dot.Org.Bot.v.1.0.LUA5-ZD

Started by [ZD][Psycho], 08 November, 2005, 08:54:20

Previous topic - Next topic

[ZD][Psycho]

v1.0 can be downloaded from:
mirror 1
mirror 2
mirror 3

Feel free to post any bugs or feature requests. Also, if you use this script, I'd definately like to know where you're using it. Feel free to send me a PM telling me which hub it's being used in.
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by rulers as useful." -Seneca

Mogli

that is a cool site :)
maybe one could also do a voting for the best quotes,
anyways good script

[ZD][Psycho]

QuoteOriginally posted by Mogli
maybe one could also do a voting for the best quotes,
You mean have a feature that will allow users to vote on the quote and have the vote stored locally or do you mean have a feature that would utilize bash.org's quote voting system which would allow them to submit their vote on the quote to the bash.org site?

If locally, I don't think it would be very useful. There are $#!7loads of quotes on bash.org, and the chances on having the same quote come up twice for the users to see the quote's rating or to vote on it again would be slim.

If utilizing bash.org's voting system, it wouldn't work very well. Bash.org only accepts one vote per quote per IP address. So that means that the bot could only vote once on a single quote, because the socket that gets opened up to connect to the site is opened from the hub's server, so the IP will be the same when it goes to vote on the same quote for the second time.
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by rulers as useful." -Seneca

Mogli

yup I was thinking of something local,
like if a quote gest x lol's  it will be saved with its hits,
cause who knows, maybe your users are different from the bash board.
But maybe your right its no use, so no worries.
I'll just script it myself, maybe.

[ZD][Psycho]

I've found a problem. I've noticed that the bot has been repeating some of the quotes which seemed odd to me but I over looked it. Today, the bot repeated the same quote as it did just an hour before. The http://bash.org/?random page lists random quotes, but it lists them in numerical order by the quote's ID number. The bot is programmed to just grab the first quote off of that page. So basically, the bot is limited to only a handful of quotes which have low ID numbers.

I'll fix this problem in v1.1 which I'll try to get out in a few days.

!me feels like a n00b for not paying attention to the ordering of the quotes ;P

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk